News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Shaw

A number of 46XX Geminis including 4637, 4640, 4646, 4647, 4651 and 4655 have recently received adblue tanks which is probably the reason why AG are borrowing buses.

2235 operated the 07:50 Stechford to Kings Heath 11C journey this morning.
Think i've seen a E200 MMC most days this week operating dead to Stechford to start that journey. Is that journey E200 MMC operated @Tony?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on March 16, 2017, 04:27:07 PM
2235 operated the 07:50 Stechford to Kings Heath 11C journey this morning.
Think i've seen a E200 MMC most days this week operating dead to Stechford to start that journey. Is that journey E200 MMC operated @Tony?

Its normally a Gemini, but don't forget AG are a few deckers short at present, judging by the vehicles on loan.

That journey is regularly late; on the few occasions I've tried to get the 11C in the morning from Mansfield Road to the village, it has come between 8:10 and 8:25 and is always rammed full. It is awful trying to get an 11C between 8am and 8:30 when they bunch together; I've seen two full double decks just go straight past me right after each other.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on March 16, 2017, 07:05:32 PM
Its normally a Gemini, but don't forget AG are a few deckers short at present, judging by the vehicles on loan.

That journey is regularly late; on the few occasions I've tried to get the 11C in the morning from Mansfield Road to the village, it has come between 8:10 and 8:25 and is always rammed full. It is awful trying to get an 11C between 8am and 8:30 when they bunch together; I've seen two full double decks just go straight past me right after each other.
Thanks, it was 2235 today, 2242 yesterday, an E200 MMC on Tuesday and another last Friday. Never saw it on Monday.

It is awful trying to get on a 11 between Yardley Yew Tree and Acocks Green between 07:50 and 08:45. Its the same when the schools finish during the PM peak as well. Yesterday afternoon I ended up catching 4519 on a 11C to AG Garage to get on a 11A towards Ward End as for about 45 minutes every bus that came just drove straight past the Francis Road stop overcrowded. There are some other journeys that operate a 11E to Kings Heath.

Social Travels first journey of the day becomes very overcrowded as well. Last Friday and on Tuesday they were just driving past the stops between The Swan and Acocks Green because theres no more room on the bus. On Friday there were about 60 - 70 passengers all on KV03ZFS between Yardley, Swan and Acocks Green.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: 2206 on March 22, 2017, 03:59:40 PM
AG 11A (11E) Ward End, the Fox and Goose - 6704 - school journey.
Apparently it'll now do a private hire to Dundee.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on March 22, 2017, 04:00:35 PM
Apparently it'll now do a private hire to Dundee.

I saw 6704 this morning being driven Not In Service by an engineer. Turned off Kings Road, onto Coventry Road then onto Small Heath Highway. Wondered where it was headed, can only presume to BC for some attention before this private hire?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

4666 is parked on Stechford Lane in Ward End near Burney Lane at the Station Road Island with the police. It was operating an 11C.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Lukeee

Was there a diversion affecting the 11A earlier just of Witton road/Aston lane as one 11A went the regular route whilst the other one carried on up Witton road (the way the 7 does). Seemed weird to watch as both buses where in convoy

monkeyjoe

Has this garage got a long term future, the reason I ask this; is because seems to be lots of complaints from residents about the buses at evening times  blocking roads and parking access etc. I know its not the bus companies fault. However in times of increased car ownership and parking issues. Is their a place for bus depots in residential areas. Should they be moving to more industrial locations , what do people think?

Solo1

Acocks green has been thete years the car owners have garages they could use

winston

Quote from: Solo1 on April 02, 2017, 01:51:32 PM
Acocks green has been thete years the car owners have garages they could use

Quinton garage was there years, but the local residents still got it shutdown due to noise & traffic congestion when buses were returning to the garage

MW

There is quite an issue. Summer Road gets blocked with traffic of buses usually at evening times. I'm sure it's become worse as of recent years. A solution would be to move the fuel pumps further down in the Garage, which is what causes these delays. Granted, moving the fuel pumps isn't as easy as it sounds.

j789

If the garage is in a residential area the land it is on must be fairly valuable so perhaps would fund a new garage. I think the cleared land in Selly Oak near the QE (would be ideal for a large bus garage as it is away from residential areas and would not cause these traffic issues. I think part of this land is for a new Sainsburys but I can't imagine all of it would be used as it is a massive site.

MW

Quote from: j789 on April 02, 2017, 03:06:49 PM
If the garage is in a residential area the land it is on must be fairly valuable so perhaps would fund a new garage. I think the cleared land in Selly Oak near the QE (would be ideal for a large bus garage as it is away from residential areas and would not cause these traffic issues. I think part of this land is for a new Sainsburys but I can't imagine all of it would be used as it is a massive site.

I've always thought, if AG was ever closed, you'd be better off closing both AG & YW and basically merging both into a bigger depot somewhere it between.

j789

If the garage is in a residential area the land it is on must be fairly valuable so perhaps would fund a new garage. I think the cleared land in Selly Oak near the QE (almost opposite the old Selly Oak garage) would be ideal for a large bus garage as it is away from residential areas and would not cause these traffic issues. I think part of this land is for a new Sainsburys but I can't imagine all of it would be used as it is a massive site. Whilst not ideal for the Solihull routes from AG, this garage could take over all the 11A/C route as well as Bristol Rd/ Pershore Rd services (and possibly Harborne routes), freeing up space at BC garage to absorb all of the other AG routes that go into the city. Other non - city routes could go to YW with space from there being freed up by sending the 76 to the new Selly Oak garage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk