News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Do you guys actually find these branded MMCs interesting to see on other routes?

It happens every day. In fact, the engineers at AG send them anywhere and everywhere. You even get them on the staff bus in case you wanted to note that down too.

lauren1993

Quote from: MW on August 10, 2016, 11:11:22 PM
Do you guys actually find these branded MMCs interesting to see on other routes?

It happens every day. In fact, the engineers at AG send them anywhere and everywhere. You even get them on the staff bus in case you wanted to note that down too.
Yes. I will continue to note it if they are not on the route they are branded for, afterall that is what the thread 'route branded buses off route' is meant for regardless how unusual/usual it is.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Liberator9

@MW

Can see where you're coming from MW - I'm finding it a bit tedious now coming on the likes of the AG thread to find that new post after new post is of a MMC being 'off its intended route'. I would prefer the thread being left for the interesting news or 'goings-on' rather than a commonplace event of an MMC being reported continuously.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 11, 2016, 07:21:11 AM
@MW

Can see where you're coming from MW - I'm finding it a bit tedious now coming on the likes of the AG thread to find that new post after new post is of a MMC being 'off its intended route'. I would prefer the thread being left for the interesting news or 'goings-on' rather than a commonplace event of an MMC being reported continuously.

Agreed.

Have people been having training for the 966 upgrades then yet?

Quote from: lauren1993 on August 11, 2016, 03:17:12 AM
Yes. I will continue to note it if they are not on the route they are branded for, afterall that is what the thread 'route branded buses off route' is meant for regardless how unusual/usual it is.
Agreed. The thread isn't called Unusual route branded buses of route.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Squiz1971

I did but lately its seems commonplace now to see 37 branded on the 71/72 as I saw earlier 2222 is on the 72 again today but cannot be bothered to report it properly any more @MW. Its now pointless & yes I did notice a couple of times last week & the week before there was an AG staff bus arrive at the Clock Garage usually around 7:40am to become a 72 back to town forgot to mention this before.

MW

Quote from: lauren1993 on August 11, 2016, 03:17:12 AM

This thread is actually called Acocks Green Garage, not route branded off route

Dylanbusboy45

I saw a 37 branded MMC in Coventry today, presumably for some work to be done on it etc

MW

Quote from: 2206 on August 11, 2016, 09:14:49 AM
Agreed. The thread isn't called Unusual route branded buses of route.

This thread is called Acocks Green Garage. Can you, lauren1993 and Squiz please post all your MMC related stuff in the Route Branded Off Route thread rather than this one.

Squiz1971

Quote from: MW on August 11, 2016, 04:41:25 PM
This thread is called Acocks Green Garage. Can you, lauren1993 and Squiz please post all your MMC related stuff in the Route Branded Off Route thread rather than this one.
I do normally @MW but my last comment was a general comment about what you said & nothing really to do with the route branded MMC's being off route

Squiz1971

Will all AG Presidents be replaced by ALX400's or will some be replaced by the platinum's when they eventually arrive later this year or early next year?

Stu

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 11, 2016, 07:21:11 AM
@MW

Quote from: Squiz1971 on August 11, 2016, 01:21:21 PM
I did but lately its seems commonplace now to see 37 branded on the 71/72 as I saw earlier 2222 is on the 72 again today but cannot be bothered to report it properly any more @MW. Its now pointless & yes I did notice a couple of times last week & the week before there was an AG staff bus arrive at the Clock Garage usually around 7:40am to become a 72 back to town forgot to mention this before.

I'm glad it's not just me!

Personally, I'm not bothered about route-branded buses being on other routes, it happens. Occurances that don't happen very often can be a bit of a novelty I suppose, and worth pointing out. But as I've stated previously, and as others have too, the branded E200s at AG are being used on all their E200 routes (37/71/72) every day, so it is a bit tedious, and to be honest boring and not at all interesting to read.

Give it another week or so, and no doubt the forum will be inundated with postings of the various WN branded Eclipses appearing on other routes!

My suggestion would be to reduce the number of branded buses at AG, so there is a better chance of the branded ones actually sticking to their routes. Or combine them and brand them all as 37 / 71 /72!  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on August 11, 2016, 06:56:40 PM
I'm glad it's not just me!

Personally, I'm not bothered about route-branded buses being on other routes, it happens. Occurances that don't happen very often can be a bit of a novelty I suppose, and worth pointing out. But as I've stated previously, and as others have too, the branded E200s at AG are being used on all their E200 routes (37/71/72) every day, so it is a bit tedious, and to be honest boring and not at all interesting to read.

Give it another week or so, and no doubt the forum will be inundated with postings of the various WN branded Eclipses appearing on other routes!

My suggestion would be to reduce the number of branded buses at AG, so there is a better chance of the branded ones actually sticking to their routes. Or combine them and brand them all as 37 / 71 /72!  :D

The point has to be, why does a branded bus have to be on that particular route. Surely the branding just advertises a route.

For example, a 9 branded MMC appears on the 246, it is advertising that a service runs between Stourbridge and Birmingham, this is informative to people not on the 9 route.

The branded 9 that appears on the 9 is normally just telling people what they already know IMHO.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Lukeee

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 11, 2016, 07:03:15 PM
The point has to be, why does a branded bus have to be on that particular route. Surely the branding just advertises a route.

For example, a 9 branded MMC appears on the 246, it is advertising that a service runs between Stourbridge and Birmingham, this is informative to people not on the 9 route.

The branded 9 that appears on the 9 is normally just telling people what they already know IMHO.

This is how I look at it, its just like an advert for that route, obviously it will have more effect on the route its branded for but no harm in so called 'promoting' the branded route by showcasing it on other routes. At the end off the day its better than no bus operating

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 11, 2016, 07:03:15 PM

This .... is quite the astute comment.

Yourself and Stu bring up valid points. Strictly speaking the branding (from the side) is fairly discreet so I doubt many would consider it noteworthy. I'd just about classify it noteworthy if it happened once a week and even then I'd pay attention if their was a lovely female on board. I can see the general interest if a bus was off its route (i.e If a 35 branded E400 pulled into the City Centre on YW6). Even MW (Whose our Inside man at AG) has stated AG just aim to get the single decks out, ideally on their own route but heck it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

After pretty much weeks of almost multiple cross workings per day, I'd say the interest has worn off !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk