News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: John on March 08, 2016, 04:14:33 PM
AG | 2204 | 31

@John , this was my ride to work this morning, and I couldn't help but chuckle to myself as some woman got off with her child, telling her to get off "before it stalls again"  ::)

While normally Gemini operated during the day, I have noticed on occasion that it is the 08:17 journey from Acocks Green towards city that is sometimes E200 operated.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stevo

2213 broke down in Olton this afternoon, rescued by Mansfield with a front lift.

CL

Theres an 11 branded Gemini being towed by a Mansfield truck - seen at Five Ways just now.

Photo: https://flic.kr/p/EvLW6D
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

filbus1

MMC 2207 on Sandon Road Bearwood with a few staff on board, any idea why?

andy41

Having just travelled on one of these MMC's for the first time ever on the 71, I have to say how thoroughly unsuitable they are for the route. Or for that matter, any route. They certainly don't measure up to the Volvos they have replaced or even an Omnilink. Legroom and aisle space not much better than an early 90's minibus, utter chaos onboard the minute there are a couple of buggies and standing passengers. And the 71 is a route where that is more often than not the case. I made the mistake of trying to get into the seat over the rear offside wheelarch. I couldn't actually get in it, and I am only 5'11. What dreadful buses.

Stu

Quote from: andy41 on March 19, 2016, 02:43:51 PM
Having just travelled on one of these MMC's for the first time ever on the 71, I have to say how thoroughly unsuitable they are for the route. Or for that matter, any route. They certainly don't measure up to the Volvos they have replaced or even an Omnilink. Legroom and aisle space not much better than an early 90's minibus, utter chaos onboard the minute there are a couple of buggies and standing passengers. And the 71 is a route where that is more often than not the case. I made the mistake of trying to get into the seat over the rear offside wheelarch. I couldn't actually get in it, and I am only 5'11. What dreadful buses.

As someone who regularly travels on these (on the 37), I will have to disagree and say these E200s are much better than the Omnilinks and Eclipse 2s they replaced.

I will agree with you on one of your points: while most seats I find do have plenty of legroom, those two sets of seats over the rear wheels are the exception. I'm only a little shorter than yourself, at 5ft 10, but I find that if I have to sit in those seats, I'm alright if I sit up straight.

As for standing passengers and buggies, you have the same problems as on any other type of bus; some people are reluctant to take a seat, but choose instead to stand in the narrowest part of the bus, and refuse to move out of the way when someone with a buggy is trying to get on/off. Logic tells me that buses are designed so that people move down the bus (where there is more room), rather than to the front, to let buggies on/off. But that's some passengers for you, having no consideration for anyone but themselves.

I suppose any problems are exacerbated on a route that runs less frequently, such as the 71 - generally on the 37, which runs at a higher frequency, you only encounter overcrowding problems when services get delayed because of traffic.
My locals:

Bryan

Quote from: Stu on March 19, 2016, 08:06:39 PM
..... I suppose any problems are exacerbated on a route that runs less frequently, such as the 71 - generally on the 37, which runs at a higher frequency, you only encounter overcrowding problems when services get delayed because of traffic.

The 37 also has overcrowding at times during the rush hour.

Stevo

There's always a problem with standing passengers around the front on single-door buses and the E200 MMCs are no worse than any other type. But the layout at the back is much better than Omnilink or B7RLE as the floor is much lower. Width of seats and gangways is no different to those buses either. I like them.

4101 is out on the 11C today.
It usually seems to be completely Gemini on a Sunday.
It passed the Fox and Goose about 15 minutes ago.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2206 on March 20, 2016, 05:00:56 PM
4101 is out on the 11C today.
It usually seems to be completely Gemini on a Sunday

I saw 4508 out of service in the City Centre about 45 mins ago
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ronnoc

A Crimson Gemini with some sort of branding is out today. The colour is somewhat goldish. What fleetnumber is it?

Stu

Quote from: Ronnoc on March 21, 2016, 07:40:27 AM
A Crimson Gemini with some sort of branding is out today. The colour is somewhat goldish. What fleetnumber is it?

Where did you see it?
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Ronnoc on March 21, 2016, 07:40:27 AM

Price branding, none at AG are to receive route branding

John

4534 has price branding for £12.60 weekly travel. The same colour as Perry Barr's branding. It was named too but I forgot it!

4641 now has price branding, its just done a 11E to the Fox and Goose. On the 11A side of the route.
It's named as well. Though I've forgot it.

4648 is also price branded and is on the 31.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk