News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson 4647 was on the 11C today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

windy miller

...    Not happy with the 71 service (Ex Solihull).... today (Fri 4/3/)  I, and 5 other people waited 44 minutes on Tangmere drive in the COLD/rain  @15.51pm.. as the scheduled 15.58pm was a no-show and the 16.18pm turned up at 16.35pm... (2241)  >:( >:( >:(
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Jack6101

That probley due to the police incident in sutton coldfield and a car crash in soilhull resulting in massive delays on that route @windy miller
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

monkeyjoe

Probably the crazy nutter who stabbed a pregnant women, how distressing to hear that story.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: windy miller on March 04, 2016, 11:02:53 PM
  ...    Not happy with the 71 service (Ex Solihull).... today (Fri 4/3/)  I, and 5 other people waited 44 minutes on Tangmere drive in the COLD/rain  @15.51pm.. as the scheduled 15.58pm was a no-show and the 16.18pm turned up at 16.35pm... (2241)   thanks a lot guys >:( >:( >:(

not the drivers fault.
also they don't control the weather
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

windy miller

Drivers don't control the buses either...? If the dispatcher is constantly on the radio wanting to know how many passengers you have on board and......where are you?

MW

Quote from: windy miller on March 05, 2016, 03:26:20 AM
Drivers don't control the buses either...? If the dispatcher is constantly on the radio wanting to know how many passengers you have on board and......where are you?

That's AVL lol.

The radio control on the MMCs is terrible. The position of the foot button to talk back is on the right side near the base of the seat, so you have to stop the bus and then talk on the radio.

windy miller

Too true mate.. I had not meant to criticise the driver(s) more a question of  getting some answers on  the " where's my bus" APP....   :)

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on March 05, 2016, 04:25:56 AM
Too true mate.. I had not meant to criticise the driver(s) more a question of  getting some answers on  the " where's my bus" APP....   :)

If the poor child who was run over by a car on Lode Lane hadn't been been so unfortunate meaning the 71s were trapped in Solihull while the road was closed by the police, then perhaps others wouldn't have been so unlucky in having to wait in a cold bus shelter.

I know which I would prefer not to happen

monkeyjoe

A woman was stabbed in Sutton yesterday afternoon surely that's a bit more important than a bus being late.

windy miller

... If the delay(s) were due to accidents then fair enough.... Thanks for the info. 

Tthe on line police report is giving the accident involving a young schoolboy on lode lane at 9.27PM.  presumably this information should have read 9.27AM???

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on March 06, 2016, 02:41:04 PM
      ... If the delay(s) were due to accidents then fair enough.... Thanks for the info. 

Tthe on line police report is giving the accident involving a young schoolboy on lode lane at 9.27PM.  presumably this information should have read 9.27AM???

It was mid afternoon, same time as the stabbing in Sutton, hence the absolute chaos on the 71

windy miller

Quote from: Tony on March 05, 2016, 08:36:26 AM
If the poor child who was run over by a car on Lode Lane hadn't been been so unfortunate meaning the 71s were trapped in Solihull while the road was closed by the police, then perhaps others wouldn't have been so unlucky in having to wait in a cold bus shelter.

I know which I would prefer not to happen

Solihull police have confirmed that the accident took place at 21.27   FIVE HOURS after the late bus.... just thought I'd mention it by the way....

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on March 06, 2016, 03:15:32 PM

Solihull police have confirmed that the accident took place at 21.27   FIVE HOURS after the late bus.... just thought I'd mention it by the way....

Lode lane was closed from 15:30 until 16:15 on the 4th March at the Junction of Grove Road due to a car/child RTC

I still have the incident report.

windy miller

Thanks for the corrected info tony.  The bus I had just missed on castle vale (2250) passed at 15.45pm and had obviously made it through before the road closure. hence the delay to subsequent services.  Having TWO RTA incidents in the same area did seem unlikely.
condolences to everyone involved.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk