News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on December 08, 2015, 09:04:08 PM
Very true, as has been suggested already maybe Network Rail are covering their arses, so to speak, in the eventuality that some prat does come a cropper by driving underneath when they clearly shouldn't.

If we have to rely on Network Rail, forget about deckers ever going under rail bridges anymore.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MW

Yeah the turn on the 5 going towards City at Sarehole Mill (turning left at the roundabout (Sarehole Road to Cole Bank Road). A good few have had to reverse, I think one has hit the plastic yellow bollard thing. The problem is, you have to take that turn at specifically the right point, and if you don't, you cannot correct yourself due to the lack of steering the MMCs are capable off. On the other buses, you tend to need two turns off the steering wheel, and have a third turn left in case you mess it up etc. So you'll see the MMCs going as wide as possible on that turn now.

Tony

Drivers have been instructed to do 1.25 circuits of the roundabout

RS

Quote from: Tony on December 08, 2015, 10:36:32 PM
Drivers have been instructed to do 1.25 circuits of the roundabout
What does that mean @Tony
London Euston

MW

Quote from: RS on December 08, 2015, 10:38:14 PM
What does that mean @Tony

Go round the roundabout and then come off on Cole Bank Road. So instead of turning left, do a circle round and then take the exit.

Interesting. I'd presume this can't be permanent though as the MMCs are meant to be for the 37/71/72. New vehicle type at AG, or possibly transferring to YW? I wonder.

Liberator9

I assume one of the solutions would be an inclusion the next order for some extra MMC200s next year for AG. The other is perhaps diverting the route - most practical being down Highfield to Cole Valley Road - that would avoid the bridge. However Cole Valley Road isn't the widest road - deckers do go down there in the form of a school bus route, but whether residents want the 5 is another question.

Very frustrating for NX considering they've been using deckers under the bridge for years, and not had one incident or issue with it. However I'm sure NX will solve it in due cause in the best way.

Tony

The problem with the 5 route has been sorted.

The genuine height of Acocks Green's Geminis has been checked as 14'3, the same as the bridge is labelled, so the stickers in all the cabs has been changed to match the genuine height meaning they are legal again

Two are already back on the 5

Liberator9

Good to hear - Well done NX.

Stevo

But presumably there's still the 27 to sort out. And I wonder if this is happening all round the country. There are really busy bridges like the one at Oxford station that does need low-height double deckers. I wonder if it's labelled with a lower height than it really is.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on December 09, 2015, 03:17:49 PM
The problem with the 5 route has been sorted.

The genuine height of Acocks Green's Geminis has been checked as 14'3, the same as the bridge is labelled, so the stickers in all the cabs has been changed to match the genuine height meaning they are legal again

Two are already back on the 5

It's been great having the extra double-decks on the 37, especially in the mornings, so it was good while it lasted!  :(

Glad to hear all has been resolved now for the 5.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Squiz1971

@2206 A few E200 MMC's have been on the 31 in the past couple of months as been reported in the AG thread

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on December 11, 2015, 05:26:24 PM
AG 31 - 2205

It must have changed onto the 37 as that was my bus home this evening - must have been running late too as the driver belted it down the Warwick Road! Some people criticise these E200 MMCs, but they really do have a good turn of speed given the chance!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

What time did you see it @Stu?
It was in Acocks Green at around 15:55 going towards the City Centre on the 31
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on December 11, 2015, 07:37:29 PM
What time did you see it @Stu?