News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on December 06, 2015, 02:57:53 PM
I can only apologise for the lateness of this post but on Friday whilst waiting for my 5am 11A, I clocked a 71/72 branded E200MMC heading back to the garage. I'm used to seeing E200MMCs in the morning although they're heading from the garage

Probably developed a fault, or might have been staff bus.

BN

Apologies if wrong fleet number but I think it was 2247 at Severn Valley railway today.

Niall

don't think this one's been mentioned yet, 4675 is now 11 branded and named Jasveer
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on December 08, 2015, 07:29:09 AM
The AG 5 now has to be E200MmC. New signage means the 5 has to be Single Deck
There's a tonne to ask about this one, but the 5 is a long and slightly strange route ;)

Liberator9

Bit of a pain in regards to the 5 - at least they have some Crimson Geminis to put on the 37 instead which won't look too much out of place. Also won't be an issue in  the off peaks having the E200MMCs although in the morning/late afternoon could be a squeeze with the college.

Kevin

I thought someone mentioned before that the 200s were banned from the 5 because of the tight turns!!
Case for some shorter wheelbase buses or a rerouting perhaps?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on December 08, 2015, 08:17:16 AM
The bridge in Robin Hood Lane now has a 14'3" sign in a red circle meaning It's illegal to drive Geminis under there. It was in a triangle and they are only advisory
The bridging on my road has been changed I think, even though it's the route that the 11's use to start their route or go back to the garage.

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on December 08, 2015, 01:10:31 PM
I thought someone mentioned before that the 200s were banned from the 5 because of the tight turns!!
Case for some shorter wheelbase buses or a rerouting perhaps?

It was also mentioned that they would be a problem at Marston Green, but they seem to be doing fine there.

Certainly with regards to vehicles for the 5, this has certainly put a spanner in the works! I'm not complaining though, the extra Geminis are very welcome on the 37!

I wonder if this will see the end of the 5 as we know it, as I can't see how it could be effectively re-routed around that bridge, unless it continued down Cole Valley Road and then onto Highfield Road?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on December 08, 2015, 06:41:21 PM
It was also mentioned that they would be a problem at Marston Green, but they seem to be doing fine there.

Certainly with regards to vehicles for the 5, this has certainly put a spanner in the works! I'm not complaining though, the extra Geminis are very welcome on the 37!

I wonder if this will see the end of the 5 as we know it, as I can't see how it could be effectively re-routed around that bridge, unless it continued down Cole Valley Road and then onto Highfield Road?

There are other problems cropping up now as well. It looks like Scanias may be banned off the 27!

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on December 08, 2015, 06:49:21 PM
There are other problems cropping up now as well. It looks like Scanias may be banned off the 27!
Seriously? I'm really getting confused now, the question is, if it does happen that scania's are banned of the 27, what will replace it?

Dylanbusboy45

Stu

Quote from: Tony on December 08, 2015, 06:49:21 PM

I presume this is because of the low bridge in Bournville, has the height restriction changed there too then? That one would definitely have to be re-routed then!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stu on December 08, 2015, 07:03:23 PM
I presume this is because of the low bridge in Bournville, has the height restriction changed there too then? That one would definitely have to be re-routed then!
Maybe, Scania's are 10 '6 and the circular sign might have restricted vehicles only to 10 '0 which was the height of the bridge.

winston

Quote from: Ronnoc on December 08, 2015, 07:25:30 PM
Maybe, Scania's are 10 '6 and the circle might have restricted it to below 10 '0 which has been the current height of the bridge.

The Scania's have much bigger roof mounted pods making them taller, compared with Eclipse 2's.

NX may now need more new single deckers after all

Liberator9

This is ridiculous - there's been no problems before so why all of sudden have they (not NX - whoever decides on the bridges!) decided to implement this. Suppose easiest solution would be for AG to have around 10 Scanias from YW and YW have 10 MMCs from AG - would mean both the 5 and 27 are then compliant?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk