News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: Winston on November 21, 2015, 11:45:52 PM
I always thought they were alright to be fair, failing that another option might be E400's cascaded from elsewhere

As the Presidents are now the oldest vehicles in the fleet, unless there are newer vehicles in worse condition it would be reasonably safe to assume they'll be withdrawn when the next lot of new vehicles arrives.

The question in my mind is whether, given most garages have a similar average vehicle age, whether there will be much need for cascades or would direct replacement with new vehicles occur? Hopefully it'll be at least some new vehicles so they could update some of the 11 stock (surely Dundee would have some new stock as well).
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

MW, I know your not  a fan of plaxton b7tl volvos, you most definatinately won't be fan of the ALX400 version with the voith gearbox some are incredibly slow down rite dangerous on five ways edgbaston island before the introduction of the traffic lights.

As for West Bromwich Geminis I think they will be refurbed and branded for the 5 west brom to Sutton Coldfield, when the next round of cascades happen. With most MK1  enviro400s in there new homes I can only asume the arrival of MK2 400s.

I think Perry barrs 33/65/67 will be next for upgrades not sure about the 90series of routes are they to be upgraded to Mmc platinums.

Quote from: 2900 on November 22, 2015, 10:46:29 AM
I think Perry barrs 33/65/67 will be next for upgrades not sure about the 90series of routes are they to be upgraded to Mmc platinums.
If the 33 and 9** routes did get some MMC
the E400 could possibly move onto the 65/67/94
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: MW on November 21, 2015, 11:05:42 PM
A nice rumour for you all.

An inspector reckons that apparently we're due to lose some more Plaxtons in January/February. He says it's due to new buses. Now when he says new, I don't know if he means new to AG or new to the company, and then cascades to AG. I suspect the latter. According to him, we're eventually being reduced to 3 Plaxtons to be used on the schools (885 etc). I find it unlikely that we'll only have 3, but yeah.

If it's not obvious already, I'm taking this as a rumour and a pinch of salt, but yeah.

I suppose it would depend on how early next year new bus deliveries will start, if it's 'new' buses that are involved. I also do suspect that any 'new' double-decks won't be direct replacements for the Presidents, but it will be subsequent cascades that finish them off.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

The presidents could be used on 289 and 246 if they moved

winston

Quote from: don on November 22, 2015, 10:15:41 AM
As the Presidents are now the oldest vehicles in the fleet, unless there are newer vehicles in worse condition it would be reasonably safe to assume they'll be withdrawn when the next lot of new vehicles arrives.

The question in my mind is whether, given most garages have a similar average vehicle age, whether there will be much need for cascades or would direct replacement with new vehicles occur? Hopefully it'll be at least some new vehicles so they could update some of the 11 stock (surely Dundee would have some new stock as well).

@don I'd agree that the Presidents will most likely be withdrawn, with the best ones sold on for further service.

It's highly unlikely the 11 will get an updated fleet with branding currently being applied to repainted Gemini's in red/white. That said, YW & AG have the oldest average fleet ages. If YW had any new deckers I'd expect them to go on 2 & 3, whilst AG the 5 & 31

Dundee could do with a batch of new deckers to replace some of their Presidents & further newer cascades that can be used of Fife Schools

Stu

Quote from: Winston on November 22, 2015, 11:55:45 AM

It's highly unlikely the 11 will get an updated fleet with branding currently being applied to repainted Gemini's in red/white.

That's what I'm finding a bit puzzling at present. If the Geminis are staying on the 11, I would have thought them to be a more worthy candidate for repaint (than the 5/31) considering how such an important route the Outer Circle is supposedly.

Nothing against the 5 or 31 of course, I just don't get why these are getting the Crimson treatment ahead of other routes. Personally, I think the 966 should have been done, as it serves the Airport. Or the 1, as then it would be a wholly Crimson route, alongside the E200s that also appear.

Unless the 11 branding is just temporary for a few months, until new buses arrive next year...
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on November 22, 2015, 05:03:10 PM
That's what I'm finding a bit puzzling at present. If the Geminis are staying on the 11, I would have thought them to be a more worthy candidate for repaint (than the 5/31) considering how such an important route the Outer Circle is supposedly.

Nothing against the 5 or 31 of course, I just don't get why these are getting the Crimson treatment ahead of other routes. Personally, I think the 966 should have been done, as it serves the Airport. Or the 1, as then it would be a wholly Crimson route, alongside the E200s that also appear.

Unless the 11 branding is just temporary for a few months, until new buses arrive next year...

I think the 5/31 will look better when the YW Scanias are done, which I presume is next in line, so all the main Bham-Solihull routes are done.

winston

Quote from: Stu on November 22, 2015, 05:03:10 PM

The trouble with the 11 is its high Pvr. It would take a long time to repaint enough Gemini's in to Crimson to cover the entire Pvr and a large proportion of AG's Gemini's have only just recently been repainted red/white.

I highly doubt the 11 branding is temporary, the 11 upgrade is a full compliment of refurbished Gemini. There's no way AG will get another 50 new deckers less than 12 months after a brand new fleet of single deckers. I don't personally think the 11 will get a new fleet until after all Central B'ham routes have min Euro 4 buses on them I.e. after May 2017

Eric Shaw

I would think Dundee will have to replace the remaining B10L and B10BLE's by the end of the year. Some of Acocks Green's may move there.

James4368

Crimson Gemini 4644 out on 966 today

Currently at Solihull Touchwood
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

John

4522 - Grace