News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Ronnoc on November 21, 2015, 09:10:49 PM
Around 40 then, which is just under the PVR of the 11 if I am correct.
if 4520 is becoming a trainer?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: Tony on November 21, 2015, 08:31:29 PM
If I remember correctly it is 4507-24; 4660-79 that are being done

I presume the rest will be Crimson'd then?

Quote from: MW on November 21, 2015, 09:44:07 PM
I presume the rest will be Crimson'd then?
I doubt it
some of the 465* were only done a repainted in red an white of months ago ( June )
don't think they would do them again?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

domino.99

If I'm honest I'm surprised they didn't start to crimsonise them prior to branding. Would prolong the life of the branding and make it fit in with the rest of the fleet

MW

A nice rumour for you all.

An inspector reckons that apparently we're due to lose some more Plaxtons in January/February. He says it's due to new buses. Now when he says new, I don't know if he means new to AG or new to the company, and then cascades to AG. I suspect the latter. According to him, we're eventually being reduced to 3 Plaxtons to be used on the schools (885 etc). I find it unlikely that we'll only have 3, but yeah.

If it's not obvious already, I'm taking this as a rumour and a pinch of salt, but yeah.

winston

Quote from: MW on November 21, 2015, 11:05:42 PM

An inspector reckons that apparently we're due to lose some more Plaxtons in January/February. He says it's due to new buses. Now when he says new, I don't know if he means new to AG or new to the company, and then cascades to AG. I suspect the latter. According to him, we're eventually being reduced to 3 Plaxtons to be used on the schools (885 etc). I find it unlikely that we'll only have 3, but yeah.

If it's not obvious already, I'm taking this as a rumour and a pinch of salt, but yeah.

I'd be surprised if they were brand new with AG having only recently having over a third of it's fleet replaced with E200MMC's

domino.99

Apparently Presidents are off to PN

winston

Quote from: Dom on November 21, 2015, 11:11:13 PM
Apparently Presidents are off to PN

Yeah ok, we haven't heard that one before....

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on November 21, 2015, 11:05:42 PM

That seems quite likely, I suspect AG will be the recipient of more Gemini cascades
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: Winston on November 21, 2015, 11:09:51 PM
I'd be surprised if they were brand new with AG having only recently having over a third of it's fleet replaced with E200MMC's

Yeah I doubt that'd happen. There's nothing logical for them to be new for, seeing as the 5/31 are just being Crimson'd, and the 11 is being branded, and obviously the 37/71/72. The 1/966 aren't really likely to get new buses, so yeah. But what's more interesting is, what would we get? PB have 32 Geminis, and WB have 18. If not Gemini, we'd gain a new vehicle type, which'd be exciting. I think most likely, we'll have more than 3 left though. Enough to cover the 1/966. Even still, compared to the 36 presently, only around 15, if that, would be needed for the 1/966. So 21 needing replacing.

Interesting though none the less.

winston

Quote from: MW on November 21, 2015, 11:17:19 PM
Yeah I doubt that'd happen. There's nothing logical for them to be new for, seeing as the 5/31 are just being Crimson'd, and the 11 is being branded, and obviously the 37/71/72. The 1/966 aren't really likely to get new buses, so yeah. But what's more interesting is, what would we get? PB have 32 Geminis, and WB have 18. If not Gemini, we'd gain a new vehicle type, which'd be exciting. I think most likely, we'll have more than 3 left though. Enough to cover the 1/966. Even still, compared to the 36 presently, only around 15, if that, would be needed for the 1/966. So 21 needing replacing.

Interesting though none the less.

Could they be Euro 3 B7TL/ALX400'S? There are a number of those at PB & WB that will need to be removed from Central B'ham services, AG obviously being experienced with Volvo's

MW

Quote from: Winston on November 21, 2015, 11:19:58 PM
Could they be Euro 3 B7TL/ALX400'S? There are a number of those at PB & WB that will need to be removed from Central B'ham services, AG obviously being experienced with Volvo's

Maybe, those are renowned for being slow though aren't they? I wonder how they'd compare to the Plaxtons acceleration wise.

Kevin

Quote from: MW on November 21, 2015, 11:21:29 PM
Maybe, those are renowned for being slow though aren't they? I wonder how they'd compare to the Plaxtons acceleration wise.

If there's a hill involved then good luck...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

GeminiFan1991

They're not that bad, if anything they hit good speeds although they can get bumpy
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

winston

I always thought they were alright to be fair, failing that another option might be E400's cascaded from elsewhere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk