News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Quote from: Ronnoc on November 01, 2015, 04:03:50 PM
Really awesome, but not many key places shown, like Erdington and Acocks Green village.

Might sound stupid but it could be on the other side

MW

Oh man, I was looking forward to posting this lol.

4670 is also branded, with different places listed. I say it's branded, it's literally being done as I comment. Most of it's done though.

I hope 4672 actually stays on the 11 though. It's one of the few Geminis that you can only press the bell once, and it doesn't ring again until the doors are open. Like the O405Ns basically.

Bryan

Quote from: John on November 01, 2015, 03:39:56 PM

I have to say the branding in my opinion looks very unimpressive, for what was, and still is an important route.

Mike K mentioned the lack of Perry Barr and Erdington. I would also add Acocks Green as did Ronnoc.

As someone who lives on the route, where is 'Fox & Goose'? Dudley Road is also very vague.

Overall, not good for intending passengers new to the area.

domino.99

Quote from: MW on November 01, 2015, 04:17:11 PM
Oh man, I was looking forward to posting this lol.

4670 is also branded, with different places listed. I say it's branded, it's literally being done as I comment. Most of it's done though.

I hope 4672 actually stays on the 11 though. It's one of the few Geminis that you can only press the bell once, and it doesn't ring again until the doors are open. Like the O405Ns basically.

Sorry to sound a bit rude here but, it is branded for it so most likely to be on there :)

MW

Quote from: Bryan on November 01, 2015, 04:25:07 PM
I have to say the branding in my opinion looks very unimpressive, for what was, and still is an important route.

Mike K mentioned the lack of Perry Barr and Erdington. I would also add Acocks Green as did Ronnoc.

As someone who lives on the route, where is 'Fox & Goose'? Dudley Road is also very vague.

Overall, not good for intending passengers new to the area.

I agree. Something like this would have been a lot better!

Ashley 60171

Looks like a bus with some stickers on.

MW

Quote from: Dom on November 01, 2015, 04:28:04 PM
Sorry to sound a bit rude here but, it is branded for it so most likely to be on there :)

Look at everything else (Crimson Geminis/branded MMCS) at AG and then reply back. Like I said, I hope it stays on the 11!

domino.99

Quote from: MW on November 01, 2015, 04:29:43 PM
Look at everything else (Crimson Geminis/branded MMCS) at AG and then reply back. Like I said, I hope it stays on the 11!

Fair do

Sh4318

I think the branding looks ok, it is a bit vague. Don't even come close to this

Quote from: MW on November 01, 2015, 04:28:26 PM
I agree. Something like this would have been a lot better!

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Squiz1971

Even the smaller branding on the original 11 still had most of the key areas for the 11 which was still a lot better than the new branding, I guess it will be tweeked at some point to look better. I guess that's the difference between TWM & NXWM branding, although they did had a green branding for the 11 at 1 point if I remember correctly but not with as much info at all only frequency. I could be wrong tho

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Squiz1971 on November 01, 2015, 05:44:24 PM
Even the smaller branding on the original 11 still had most of the key areas for the 11 which was still a lot better than the new branding, I guess it will be tweeked at some point to look better. I guess that's the difference between TWM & NXWM branding, although they did had a green branding for the 11 at 1 point if I remember correctly but not with as much info at all only frequency. I could be wrong tho

That 2010 one had most of the rear covered up with the frequency and key destinations. Roundels on the windows, stickers in the usual locations also which I remember were also received negatively.

BK63 YWP

Rear of the bus looks covered maybe that has a circular diagram like the old branding?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Squiz1971

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on November 01, 2015, 05:48:34 PM
That 2010 one had most of the rear covered up with the frequency and key destinations. Roundels on the windows, stickers in the usual locations also which I remember were also received negatively.
Ah right I C @Ashley 60171 I vaguely remember the branding but a lot of the routes gained that basic style of branding for a time. Maybe the rear of the branded buses will each have the full route destinations applied to them

CL

I'm just saying...
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=3636.0

Love it or hate it, I like it. Not too sure about yellow, though. Gold? Well, that's debatable. As @MW confirmed, it is part of "branding variation" - not sure if that's the correct term, or just my own - but i'll define it by saying, all buses branded for the same route, with different information on others/each one.

Agreed, not as good as the TWM one. All in all, this one stands out to me more than some others - it's a shame the branding is not applied to after crimson treatment - though, with Presidents still about on the circle, it may be best to keep the route in a consistent livery. (I would expect them to be repainted in the coming months/years - with revised branding.)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

GeminiFan1991

The branding suits the Geminis although I would have thought they'd apply it on the crimson buses. As for the branding itself, I prefer the older circular designs, I would have liked them to differentiate between the 11A/C (If that's understandable)
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk