News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on September 26, 2015, 03:30:42 PM
The reason for all the single deck unusual workings (B7 on 23/23; E200MMCs on the 1; Scania on the 49 etc) is because NX have about 100 double decks on rugby shuttle buses today

But isn't that like saying, Sod the usual passengers on these routes, they don't matter. Just because we have visitors in town we will give them priority.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 26, 2015, 03:37:07 PM
But isn't that like saying, Sod the usual passengers on these routes, they don't matter. Just because we have visitors in town we will give them priority.

Oh I am sorry, do you know of a passenger that hasn't got a seat on any of these service?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on September 26, 2015, 03:38:56 PM
Oh I am sorry, do you know of a passenger that hasn't got a seat on any of these service?

Fair point, then why isn't the 1 operated by single deckers every week?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Obviously had to be done with the deckers on car parks but not ideal given number of events on in city this weekend and potential extra volume, NX even did a group price promotion! Guess they wanted to cash in and generate extra volume which makes good sense

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 26, 2015, 03:59:15 PM
Obviously had to be done with the deckers on car parks but not ideal given number of events on in city this weekend and potential extra volume, NX even did a group price promotion! Guess they wanted to cash in and generate extra volume which makes good sense

Yes but there are plenty of Presidents, and other types in the reserve fleet, why not use them instead of using service buses?

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 26, 2015, 04:27:59 PM
Yes but there are plenty of Presidents, and other types in the reserve fleet, why not use them instead of using service buses?

Because they will need MOT's & to be made fit for service again, not worth it for one day

domino.99

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 26, 2015, 04:27:59 PM

Because they need taco's don't they?

Quote from: Dom on September 26, 2015, 04:29:57 PM
Because they need taco's don't they?
Quote from: MW on September 26, 2015, 01:01:12 PM
Convoy of around 10 buses seen passing Swan, towards Aston Villa. Some with Villa Park destinations and some with Rugby World Cup 2015. Mainly Gemini (all 45xx) and E400MMC (YW ones) and I think two Presidents.

Around 12ish.
Didn't know any Presidents or, 45** Gemini have taco's @Dom ?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on September 26, 2015, 04:29:49 PM
Because they will need MOT's & to be made fit for service again, not worth it for one day

But isn't that what the reserve fleet is for, otherwise just call them the Withdrawn fleet.

Tony

No the RWC services have all been registered so normal buses can be used. NX's Saturday requirement is well over 100 less than the Monday to Friday so finding 100 buses on a Saturday is no problem at all. 100 drivers is the biggest difficulty hence why some of the RWC is sub contracted out to Green Bus, Arriva; Midland Classic & Johnsons. It does mean that some buses that normally sit idle on a Saturday are out & about including the 3 Spectras and normally spare single decks are being used on routes like the 1 that don't actually serve the City Centre so can easily cope with 45 seaters

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 26, 2015, 04:37:34 PM
But isn't that what the reserve fleet is for, otherwise just call them the Withdrawn fleet.

There are only 9 reserve fleet the rest are withdrawn. The reserve fleet is being used as it should with 4027; 4032 & 4105 going to Walsall that only leaves six, & two of those are going to AG/YW soon

Mike K

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 26, 2015, 03:59:15 PM

With the 1 not serving the city and the 22/23 only having the one single decker on there (rest appeared to be B5s) don't really see that this was was a problem. Usually a bit of spare capacity on most buses on a Saturday anyway.

WMT3000

Unbranded 2238 is on the 37 today. It's just passed tyseley heading for solihull.

andy41

You can't come on here alleging that NX are a bunch of money grabbing profiteers with no regard for the passengers who have already paid them for passes because they've disposed of everybody else. Just because they were flashed the cash by the Rugby World Cup?

That will never be tolerated in these parts......

Stu

Anyway, getting back to topic, as my original question got 'drowned out'...

Quote from: Stu on September 26, 2015, 12:50:22 PM
Does anyone know if since the recent timetable changes, the 31 evening allocations have changed? Its just that in the last couple of weeks, I only seem to see double-decks on the 31 passing my house throughout the evening, where previously it used to be single-decks that came off the 37.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk