News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Squiz1971 on August 25, 2015, 06:03:12 PM
I meant while the rest of the route branded E200MMC's are being delivered. I know they are used on any of AG's single deck routes @2206 Though to be fair I seem to get more Scania's or B7RLE's than MMC's on the 72 which is my main route. Or MMC's are going in the other direction to me grr lol
Yeah I was stood in Sollihul last week only saw the MMC on the 71 I did not see any on the 72 even the one I had a ride on was on the 71 only saw Omnilinks and B7RLE on the 72 @Squiz1971 seem to get more Omnilink. I do not seem to get many B7RLE whenever I use the 71 now @Squiz1971
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: 2206 on August 25, 2015, 06:14:46 PM
Yeah I was stood in Sollihul last week only saw the MMC on the 71 I did not see any on the 72 even the one I had a ride on was on the 71 only saw Omnilinks and B7RLE on the 72 @Squiz1971 seem to get more Omnilink. I do not seem to get many B7RLE whenever I use the 71 now @Squiz1971

There's been at least one B7RLE on the 31 and the 37 recently. Sometimes on the 1 too. Personally I think a better move for AG would be to convert the 5/31 to B7RLE and send Plaxtons out. But the decisions made are I suppose made to better the company rather than depot by depot lol

Quote from: MW on August 25, 2015, 09:11:59 PM
There's been at least one B7RLE on the 31 and the 37 recently. Sometimes on the 1 too. Personally I think a better move for AG would be to convert the 5/31 to B7RLE and send Plaxtons out. But the decisions made are I suppose made to better the company rather than depot by depot lol
I agree with you @MW I personally I find it very poor that AG'S youngest decker is 4679 which is now nearly 11 years old. If not the 5 and 31, the 73 and 966 could have the B7RLE.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

trident4370

I should think the 5 would be ideal for them, the 6 is a busier route and that copes, although personally I'd rather Omnilinks stayed at AG than those things.

MW

Quote from: trident4370 on August 25, 2015, 09:19:49 PM
I should think the 5 would be ideal for them, the 6 is a busier route and that copes, although personally I'd rather Omnilinks stayed at AG than those things.

What about the 31? The busiest bits of all these routes from what I've seen is between Birmingham and Sparkhill. If they are all single deckers, I think it'll cope fine as that is approx 16 buses an hour from City just on the 5/6/31. Every four minutes on average. Then the 2/3/37 help out from City to Sparkbrook.

trident4370

The 31 is the only Stratford Road route I don't really follow, I do know that at the Solihull end a single would do! I'd say the 2 and 3 could easily go back to Single operation during the daytime but then the trouble is at peaks it gets a bit busier. Would also go as far as to say back when the B10Ls were on there, there was a lot less trouble (just look at 4341) but of course costs come into play and 3 drivers an hour is cheaper than 4 when the daytimes aren't really that busy.

andy41

Quote from: trident4370 on August 25, 2015, 09:19:49 PM

Anybody who has driven the 5 as I have will know that B7RLE's would be a wholly unsuitable vehicle to have on it on any basis other than a breakdown or vehicle shortage, due to the tight turns around Sarehole Mill and some at the Solihull end too. The 31 isn't much better around Gospel Lane through to Robin Hood.  Not so bad Evenings and Sundays when you're not stopping as much and have more time to get round these sections but in normal conditions it would be asking for trouble.

monkeyjoe

Saw a President being driven up the up M6 this morning. Maybe to Dundee dunno it was near the Manchester turn off. Mind the Geezer was smoking in the cab tut tu.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 26, 2015, 09:50:07 PM
Saw a President being driven up the up M6 this morning. Maybe to Dundee dunno it was near the Manchester turn off. Mind the Geezer was smoking in the cab tut tu.

It was probably 1 of 2 Presidents heading to Dundee
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: andy41 on August 26, 2015, 12:59:59 PM
Anybody who has driven the 5 as I have will know that B7RLE's would be a wholly unsuitable vehicle to have on it on any basis other than a breakdown or vehicle shortage, due to the tight turns around Sarehole Mill and some at the Solihull end too. The 31 isn't much better around Gospel Lane through to Robin Hood.  Not so bad Evenings and Sundays when you're not stopping as much and have more time to get round these sections but in normal conditions it would be asking for trouble.

The turns are no more tighter than the 37 at Olton. Sarehole Mill one isn't difficult, in the B7RLE/Scanias. Fair enough the MMCs are difficult there. Solihull turns, the only one I can think of is Widney Manor towards Solihull, but it's doable. Surely evening and Sunday's means more parked cars on the likes of Springfield Road, yet the single deckers cope fine.

That's my view on it anyway.

Liberator9

Saw a B7RLE on the 5 on Monday evening - yeah can't be easy trying to get one of those round one or two turns in Monkspath, but manageable.

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 26, 2015, 09:56:19 PM
Saw a B7RLE on the 5 on Monday evening - yeah can't be easy trying to get one of those round one or two turns in Monkspath, but manageable.

Nah it's easy, I had 2116 on the 5 a couple weeks ago.

Liberator9

@MW

Take it all back - ignore me :D I quite like the B7RLEs, just a shame they don't have the Ecomat gearbox.

andy41

Quote from: MW on August 26, 2015, 09:55:38 PM
The turns are no more tighter than the 37 at Olton. Sarehole Mill one isn't difficult, in the B7RLE/Scanias. Fair enough the MMCs are difficult there. Solihull turns, the only one I can think of is Widney Manor towards Solihull, but it's doable. Surely evening and Sunday's means more parked cars on the likes of Springfield Road, yet the single deckers cope fine.

That's my view on it anyway.

It's just making the job much harder than it needs to be. Long wheelbase single deckers are best left on services with long stretches of uninterrupted road, such as the 37. The Olton turn is the only tricky one on there whereas on the 5 there are loads. I didn't say it wasn't doable. I've done it. I was just saying it is silly to put them on there when there are other, easier vehicles to have on there.  I'm aware there are more parked cars around Springfield at those times, but my point was that due to less passenger traffic at those times you're not in such a rush to get around there.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: andy41 on August 26, 2015, 10:52:28 PM
It's just making the job much harder than it needs to be. Long wheelbase single deckers are best left on services with long stretches of uninterrupted road, such as the 37. The Olton turn is the only tricky one on there whereas on the 5 there are loads. I didn't say it wasn't doable. I've done it. I was just saying it is silly to put them on there when there are other, easier vehicles to have on there.  I'm aware there are more parked cars around Springfield at those times, but my point was that due to less passenger traffic at those times you're not in such a rush to get around there.

The 5 would lose one occasional passenger if it went S/D. Mits off the Gemini's!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk