News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Gareth on July 27, 2015, 03:33:26 PM
I managed a ride on 2204 today. Here are a selection of overheard comments from passengers.
"Oooh, this is posh"
"It's brand new"
"It's run out of petrol"
"It's broken down"
"It's charging the batteries"
"Stupid bus"
"Stupid driver"
"Does he know how to drive this thing"
"It's broken down again"
"All new cars and buses do this, it saves fuel"
"Hurry up you tw*t".

The stop start will take some getting used to, it's very sudden when it cuts out, and to an untrained passenger, it certainly feels like a fault than intentional.

I haven't used the 72 as far as The Hunters Moon since the ex Dundee B10L's entered service. I noticed that city bound 72s use the island at Hunters Moon to make the turn into Chipperfield Road. I didn't notice this before. Is it a recent thing or have they been doing that for some time?

Them comments are funny can think of using the last one in many occasions

Stevo

The B5LHs cut out in the same manner, but I can't remember hearing adverse comments, although as they then start off still without the engine it must seem to the passenger that it's not a fault. I'll be interested to hear of the fuel saving in 2203/4.

Liberator9

How can it be said that the MMCs won't last 15-20 years? They've only been here a few months and seem to be doing fine! The B6/B10s aren't in too good a condition now - bodywork etc, and the Mercedes are even worse with the rot! NX probably don't plan on keeping the MMCs past 15 years anyway, considering I think there's a move towards constant fleet renewal and thus a much younger fleet. I'm sure most passengers (and drivers) would rather have the comfort of the MMCs than the Tridents. ADL haven't got worse anyway - considering they made some of the Tridents and their predecessor company made Trident/ALX400s bodies with their leaking windows and rattles  :) Now if you want to complain about a bus moan about Optares - find them useless half the time.

Stu

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 27, 2015, 09:05:30 AM
2219 out on 37 on its way to Solihull
2220 - 0954 Birmingham-Solihull
2217 - 1000 Birmingham-Solihull
2215 - 1025 Birmingham - Solihull
2216 - 1030 Birmingham - Solihull

I don't think you need to keep telling us about MMCs on the 37, barring the odd Gemini, it's mostly Enviro200s now.

It seems like ages since I last caught an Omnilink!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

@Demonstrator4698

Presidents are allocated for the 73, and it doesn't interwork with the 72

MrBevan2000

Which MMC's are on the 71 today?

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 29, 2015, 08:35:59 AM
Which MMC's are on the 71 today?

2203; 2205; 2206 are on the 71
2202 is on the 72

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Tony on July 29, 2015, 08:51:47 AM
2203; 2205; 2206 are on the 71
2202 is on the 72
Cheers Tony! Will have a ride on one today.

Trident 4609

I do not recall seeing it posted on here, but on the West Midlands Bus Users Facebook page it says there was an E200MMC on the 966 on Sunday 19th July

Stu

Quote from: Nathan on July 29, 2015, 07:48:24 PM
I do not recall seeing it posted on here, but on the West Midlands Bus Users Facebook page it says there was an E200MMC on the 966 on Sunday 19th July

The 966 is normally single-deck operated on Sunday, so will become more usual over the next few weeks. ;)
My locals:

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stu on July 29, 2015, 08:06:09 PM
The 966 is normally single-deck operated on Sunday, so will become more usual over the next few weeks. ;)

That i am already aware but thanks anyway :) Thought i'd share as it hadn't been mentioned

James4368

2x UID E200MMCs passed Yardley swan 1530 to Acocks green garage
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

the trainbasher

Seems the 11 is bunching like bananas as I've been waiting at Swanhurst lane and nothing has been for the last 25 minutes of AG!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 31, 2015, 02:16:59 PM
Seems the 11 is bunching like bananas as I've been waiting at Swanhurst lane and nothing has been for the last 25 minutes of AG!

If you're waiting for the 11A, it's been diverted:
https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/627106562826469376

QuoteDue to a broken down coach on Yardley Wood Road / Swanhurst Lane, service 11A only is diverted via Wake Green Road and onto Cole Bank Road.

My locals:

MW

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 31, 2015, 02:16:59 PM

Lmao it was diverted today. Broken down coach. Misses out Swanshurst Park/Lane area. It was diverted for around 5-6 hours.

edit: I actually went the wrong way on the diversion but a much quicker way! Was about 5 mins behind two buses leaving Kings Heath. Got to Sarehole Mill 5 mins ahead. Had to wait at the timing point and then seen them both overtake taking crap I must have gone the wrong way!

At the Billesley Fire Station, I went straight over and turned left on Wake Green Road and onto Colebank Road, whereas the other two went left onto Brook Lane, left onto Yardley Wood Road, right onto Wake Green Road and left onto Cole Bank (the 2/3 route, then 1 route and then 5 route pretty much.)

Having said that, I might have gone the correct way and they went the wrong way!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk