News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

GeminiFan1991

Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liberator9

It's yet to be branded  :)

AV4248

Quote from: BusFan on July 25, 2015, 10:34:16 PM
Why has it debranded ?!

I'm assuming he means 2222 hasn't had its branding applied yet.

Ashley 60171

How many pages on how many threads are to be filled with MMC garbage?

You get shot down for asking about good buses nowadays.

MK

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on July 26, 2015, 12:34:58 AM

I think thats a bit harsh.
There is always going to be a lot of interest in new arrivals, irrespective of make/model/manufacturer etc.
For me, the most fascinating aspect is the subsequent transfers and withdrawals that result from the new arrivals.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on July 26, 2015, 12:34:58 AM

I have got to agree with you, these mmcs are going to last another 15 years, whereas b6s and b10s will last 1 month!

I'm not overly impressed by adl quality, it seems cheap. Give me a Volvo anyday. Just comparing the two hybrids tells you a lot.

arrifirststage

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 26, 2015, 10:23:08 AM
I have got to agree with you, these mmcs are going to last another 15 years, whereas b6s and b10s will last 1 month!

I'm not overly impressed by adl quality, it seems cheap. Give me a Volvo anyday. Just comparing the two hybrids tells you a lot.
I don't think criticism of NX is encouraged on the forum nowadays,best to skip it if you are not interested is the mantra..........though how you know without reading it is never fully explained.

Trident 4194

Quote from: arrifirststage on July 26, 2015, 01:33:44 PM
I don't think criticism of NX is encouraged on the forum nowadays,best to skip it if you are not interested is the mantra..........though how you know without reading it is never fully explained.

I wouldn't go as far as criticing nx, they are a decent company despite my rants, still prefer diamond though

Liberator9

Agree with MW - bit harsh. The MMCs are the next generation of buses for the west midlands and it's certainly of interest what cascades will come about. The B10/B6s have their own appreciation thread anyway - not much to report about them now except their withdrawal. Prefer NX over Diamond - from my experiences NX actually run most of their buses ontime and are reliable; NX have improved consistently since mid 2012.   

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: arrifirststage on July 26, 2015, 01:33:44 PM

I to think that is a little harsh.

But the last thing we want is the forum becoming a "bash NE Forum". From the number of guests we get looking at the forum, i would bet that Senior people in many bus companies look at what we are saying and it is not to good to just see pages of us moaning about everything a particular bus company does.

Thing is we never comment very much on the good things that happen, eg: I know we all want the new Night Bus Routes to serve our own areas and not just be restricted to Central Birmingham, but the idea in itself is an excellent one.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

don

I'm not so sure about that - I think there have been as many, if not more, positive comments about new vehicles and liveries as there have been negative. An independent forum ought to be open to a range of opinion.

I think ADL products get a mixed reception in the West Midlands because, particularly the single deck fleet of NXWM has been rather unusual in the past to have virtually none whereas elsewhere they're ubiquitous. I agree that the build quality of some has been a little erratic (I recently travelled on a London short E200 the seat to ceiling grab pole of the seat in front of mine (to which was attached a mirror) could be rotated easily through around 45 degrees!!!) No wonder the bus rattled appallingly - it was 4 yrs old however. Most are pretty good though.

I personally think NXWM is one of the best bus operators in the country but there's always room for improvement.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: MK on July 26, 2015, 08:27:32 AM
I think thats a bit harsh.
There is always going to be a lot of interest in new arrivals, irrespective of make/model/manufacturer etc.
For me, the most fascinating aspect is the subsequent transfers and withdrawals that result from the new arrivals.

Agreed entirely MK.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

AV4248

Think I'll throw in my two cents...

Don't see the big fuss around ADL vehicles. Yes would definitely agree their build quality isn't the best but the blame shouldn't directly go towards National Express who have obviously decided that this partnership is best for them. Certainly the MMC's I've been on have shown a great improvement definitely seem better built and look great IMO. Just wish all ADL vehicles were built like this really and then there would be a lot less negativity about them (Think the 62 plate E200 are the worst - Seem unlikely that the company will get 10-15 years of service out of those really.)

dw1308

Ok going back to the topic of this thread which is ag garage and not an all out bitch fest about adl......does anybody know when the 71/72 will have mmc's on the route as I am yet to see one :/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk