News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trident4370

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 14, 2015, 12:00:58 AM
I find it more productive to ignore the 'weekly East Birmigham rants'. I really miss the Geminis, the 83/89 is mainly ALX now as is the 48/129. I still wonder the fate of 4503-6
That's true, the Bob of Chelmsley Wood ;D I must admit I would miss the gems too, but I wouldn't mind the ALX B7s either, the lower saloon is a bit impractical and they like to leak rain in but apart from that they have a charm! I wouldn't be surprised if 4506 made it over soon, I wouldn't be surprised either if once the Platinums at Walsall start entering service, the last few gems there make a return to AG one way or another.

MW

Quote from: trident4370 on July 14, 2015, 12:15:23 AM
once the Platinums at Walsall start entering service, the last few gems there make a return to AG one way or another.

That's what I reckon will happen. Probably 4506 too. It'd be nice to see another batch. Just the CV ones and WB Dudley Road ones really.

MW, believe me your not missing anything with the 4700 batch of gemnis they haven't aged well in my opinion, once Volvo sorted the incredibly sharp brakes when new I really did take to them but now they just feel tired, cooling fans blaring away, front suspension issues, no real acceleration, the older 4500,4600 batch seem to be better built, as already mentioned the cov entry gemni,s have voith gearboxes that should offer something different in wrightbus setup, from what Ive read they have the same driving experience of an ALX 400 B7TL with less rattling I would assume.
All will be clear by September /October as long as deliverys continue.

Stevo

I've just had my first breakdown on one of the MMCs. 2204, with around 60 passengers on the 37, refused to move in the centre of Solihull, in spite of the driver's best efforts.

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on July 14, 2015, 06:55:37 PM
I've just had my first breakdown on one of the MMCs. 2204, with around 60 passengers on the 37, refused to move in the centre of Solihull, in spite of the driver's best efforts.

Still in service, just passing Digbeth Coach station, so nothing major

Stu

Maybe the driver wasn't familiar with the 'stop-start' engine on it? I travelled on 2203 yesterday morning, the other example, and I wasn't too impressed with it; I've travelled in cars which have this feature, so I know what I should expect, but this really did feel as though the bus was stalling and cutting out (the saloon lights kept going on and off whenever it happened).

The only amusement I got was when one particularly obnoxious chav, who insists on making everyone else on the bus listen to bloody Ed Sheeran, shouted to the driver "you keep turning the bus off cos of my music?". To which a fellow passenger turned round to him and instead of asking him to turn his music off, just said "probably faulty bus".  :(

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stevo

The engine was running all the time but the bus wouldn't move. The driver tried opening and shutting the doors, checking the engine access panels, opened and shut the wheelchair ramp, tried the emergency door, but it wouldn't move, so he asked everyone to 'get the one behind'. I don't suppose 60 passengers might be too many and the structure distorts!

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Tony

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 15, 2015, 08:46:03 AM
is 2213/2214 out today?

They're not tracking yet, I can't see where they are

Rob H

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 15, 2015, 08:46:03 AM
is 2213/2214 out today?

Both 2213 & 2214 were out around 8/9am not sure if they're still are now :) Seen 2214 heading to city around 08:15/08:20 and 2213 heading to Solihull around 9am.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

MW

@Tony can you tell me what the ratio of Gemini/Plaxton where on the 11A/11C today?

I've been on the 11C all day and nearly every 11A I saw was a Gemini! Obviously they've come from the 37, but have we lost any Plaxtons at all? And all three of my buses on the 11C were Geminis too! (Which is a first!)

Ronnoc

Quote from: MW on July 15, 2015, 10:05:23 PM
@Tony can you tell me what the ratio of Gemini/Plaxton where on the 11A/11C today?

I've been on the 11C all day and nearly every 11A I saw was a Gemini! Obviously they've come from the 37, but have we lost any Plaxtons at all? And all three of my buses on the 11C were Geminis too! (Which is a first!)
What 3 Gemini's were you on?

MW

suavegarv

I dunno if my eyes were deceiving me but are some of the fleet numbers on the driver's side of the MMC's gold and some others white? Also the spacing seems uneven as well. If so,what happened to uniformity?. {sorry to be such an anorak!}

Ronnoc

Quote from: MW on July 15, 2015, 11:44:40 PM
I saw 4675 at Swanshurst island at around 15:00PM, was that you?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk