News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squiz1971

Quote from: MW on July 12, 2015, 07:15:48 PM
Rumour has it that the MMCs are to be banned from the 5. I doubt it, but the reason being is it can't make some of the turns very easily. Sarehole Road to Cole Bank Road is one, and turning out of Widney Manor towards Solihull. It's almost like you have to get the turn right from the beginning. With everything else, you always have that last turn of the wheel in case you under-turn.

I myself recall the steering lock being rubbish at Olton Station. It doesn't turn as much as the other buses.

Someone also mentioned something about the 72 route, where there is a tight turn. No idea where as I don't know the route.

All rumours of course.
There is a tightish turn as it turns from Coleshill Road onto Chipperfield Road especially if a car is waiting to turn right onto Coleshill Road from Chipperfield Road and I guess as well where it turns left off Chipperfield Road onto Bromford Drive

Stevo

I've just ridden from Carrs Lane to Olton and didn't see a single Omnilink.

Ashley 60171

To break up the MMC thread, 4658 is another to get new working CCTV screens. One would assume most will get these.

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on July 13, 2015, 04:20:45 PM
I've just ridden from Carrs Lane to Olton and didn't see a single Omnilink.

No, only E200MMCs and Geminis on there this morning

with the loss of 2105, 1918/51-3; 7019/20/3-9 the remaining single decks are needed for the S1; 71 & 72

Stu

Quote from: uniquicity on July 10, 2015, 02:09:11 PM
2212 and 2213 are now taxed, can anyone confirm that have they been delivered?

2213 has just gone past my house, doing the 31E to Robin Hood Island.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Squiz1971 on July 13, 2015, 11:49:36 AM
There is a tightish turn as it turns from Coleshill Road onto Chipperfield Road especially if a car is waiting to turn right onto Coleshill Road from Chipperfield Road and I guess as well where it turns left off Chipperfield Road onto Bromford Drive

It's the turn at Sarehole Mill for the 5, and Marston Green Station for the 72, apparently.

All sorts of rumours floating around, suggesting they'll have to send the MMCs elsewhere, but it's all speculation of course.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: MW on July 13, 2015, 09:08:19 PM
It's the turn at Sarehole Mill for the 5, and Marston Green Station for the 72, apparently.

All sorts of rumours floating around, suggesting they'll have to send the MMCs elsewhere, but it's all speculation of course.

Send them to BY, upgrade the 55 & 17, opps they have recently had upgrades; NXWM have set the trend now.

MW

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 13, 2015, 09:19:05 PM

Send them to BY, upgrade the 55 & 17, opps they have recently had upgrades; NXWM have set the trend now.

How do you mean set the trend? Set the trend on what?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: MW on July 13, 2015, 09:08:19 PM

So didn't NE forsee these problems, surely if you are going to buy a new bus, you ensure that it can fit along the routes you are proposing for it?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

monkeyjoe

Quote from: MW on July 13, 2015, 09:48:46 PM
How do you mean set the trend? Set the trend on what?

I was being crass , in the fact they like upgrading "certain" routes and replacing them with new buses a few years or months later.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 13, 2015, 10:22:53 PM

I was being crass , in the fact they like upgrading "certain" routes and replacing them with new buses a few years or months later.

It's not a bad idea sending them to BY, I believe they have a current allocation of 49 vehicles but this order is of 50 which should be serviceable (I think),
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Ashley 60171

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 13, 2015, 10:22:53 PM

You drive a car, what difference does it make to you what buses run on your locals? Even though I'd hardly complain at Gemini's and Pulsars.

trident4370

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on July 13, 2015, 10:52:02 PM
Even though I'd hardly complain at Gemini's and Pulsars.
Personally I'd say the Geminis are among the best buses in the entire fleet. Although I'll be sad to see the back of the Presidents on my local, I am really looking forward to the return of the Geminis.

Sh4318

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on July 13, 2015, 10:52:02 PM
You drive a car, what difference does it make to you what buses run on your locals? Even though I'd hardly complain at Gemini's and Pulsars.

Quote from: trident4370 on July 13, 2015, 11:15:45 PM
Personally I'd say the Geminis are among the best buses in the entire fleet. Although I'll be sad to see the back of the Presidents on my local, I am really looking forward to the return of the Geminis.

I find it more productive to ignore the 'weekly East Birmigham rants'. I really miss the Geminis, the 83/89 is mainly ALX now as is the 48/129. I still wonder the fate of 4503-6
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

GeminiFan1991

Before the regulations came info force which limited Plaxtons, wasn't AG primarily Geminis (& Single Decks)
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk