News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uniquicity

2212 and 2213 are now taxed, can anyone confirm that have they been delivered?

James4368

2202 , 2204 , 2205 , 2209 on 37 so far
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

AV4248

Quick question...

Are there any AG routes that use single deckers on a Sunday as opposed to double deckers during the week?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: AV4248 on July 11, 2015, 11:25:24 AM
Quick question...

Are there any AG routes that use single deckers on a Sunday as opposed to double deckers during the week?

Off the top of my head, doesn't the 1 sometimes use singles ona Sunday?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Alex

Yeah, both the 1 and 966 use single deckers on a Sunday
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Stu

Quote from: AV4248 on July 11, 2015, 11:25:24 AM
Quick question...

1 and 966, possibly the 5 also.

Although it has been commented in recent weeks that doubles have been used on a Sunday on both the 1 and 966, but this has no doubt just been down to the increased number of doubles available.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

AV4248

Thanks for the replies.
How about the 31? Does that use singles or doubles?
Just planning for a round trip to Solihull tomorrow.

Stu

Quote from: AV4248 on July 11, 2015, 12:00:17 PM
Thanks for the replies.
How about the 31? Does that use singles or doubles?
Just planning for a round trip to Solihull tomorrow.

31 is double-decks during the day, evening 31E journeys come off the 37, so could be whatever appears on there.
(This applies of course every day of the week, not just Sundays)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on July 11, 2015, 11:49:45 AM
1 and 966, possibly the 5 also.

Although it has been commented in recent weeks that doubles have been used on a Sunday on both the 1 and 966, but this has no doubt just been down to the increased number of doubles available.

Some Sunday boards have a trip on the 5, then 37s during the day then 31E in the evening. Well my one did anyway a few Sunday's ago.

Solo1

When will 2207&8 be out on the road

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on July 12, 2015, 01:56:01 PM
When will 2207&8 be out on the road

They have both been out lots of times and mentioned on here

MW

Rumour has it that the MMCs are to be banned from the 5. I doubt it, but the reason being is it can't make some of the turns very easily. Sarehole Road to Cole Bank Road is one, and turning out of Widney Manor towards Solihull. It's almost like you have to get the turn right from the beginning. With everything else, you always have that last turn of the wheel in case you under-turn.

I myself recall the steering lock being rubbish at Olton Station. It doesn't turn as much as the other buses.

Someone also mentioned something about the 72 route, where there is a tight turn. No idea where as I don't know the route.

All rumours of course.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on July 12, 2015, 07:15:48 PM
Rumour has it that the MMCs are to be banned from the 5. I doubt it, but the reason being is it can't make some of the turns very easily. Sarehole Road to Cole Bank Road is one, and turning out of Widney Manor towards Solihull. It's almost like you have to get the turn right from the beginning. With everything else, you always have that last turn of the wheel in case you under-turn.

I myself recall the steering lock being rubbish at Olton Station. It doesn't turn as much as the other buses.

Someone also mentioned something about the 72 route, where there is a tight turn. No idea where as I don't know the route.

All rumours of course.

I myself wonder how a Gemini traverses the 5 and 31 !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liberator9

@MW

Wouldn't necessarily surprise me - heard somewhere that the steering lock on Enviro 200s were poor, and ADL chassis E300s as well - this website supports that: http://www.busandcoachforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12382&start=20

Clearly not as versatile as a Scania or Volvo.

MW

Quote from: BusFan on July 12, 2015, 08:02:37 PM
I myself wonder how a Gemini traverses the 5 and 31 !

Geminis are very good turning wise. Everything at AG is. The Enviros are not very good.

The Plaxtons just have a big steering wheel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk