News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Nathan on July 07, 2015, 08:17:53 PM
Probably 2201 you saw. Took a peek at the Running Board whilst aboard it earlier and it is a late board.

Yes, it was 2201, saw it come past in the opposite direction about an hour later.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stevo

Quote from: Liberator9 on July 07, 2015, 09:46:50 PM
Perhaps just normal with the Euro 6 and Voith set up - other thing (but very much doubt) could be it's the regeneration process occuring - that makes a metallic type sound.
The E400 MMCs have the same engine and I've not heard anything strange.

James4368

2210 on 11:47 to Solihull
If anyone wants a picture
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Tony

2208 out today on the 37

Stevo

I came home on 2203 yesterday, with the stop-start. Silence in Carrs Lane at the stop! It's rather strange but seemed to work well enough. I think it only works when the parking brake is applied. In cars it usually works as long as you keep your foot on the footbrake when the vehicle's stationary, but I suppose that would be too much with a bus.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stevo on July 09, 2015, 09:29:58 AM
I came home on 2203 yesterday, with the stop-start. Silence in Carrs Lane at the stop! It's rather strange but seemed to work well enough. I think it only works when the parking brake is applied. In cars it usually works as long as you keep your foot on the footbrake when the vehicle's stationary, but I suppose that would be too much with a bus.

I wonder how many 'ohh what's happened, has it broken down' comments they will be?!!

Stu

Didn't get the fleetnumber again, but if anyone is looking for E200MMCs in unfamiliar places, there's one on the evening 31Es, went past my house around 12 minutes ago towards Birmingham.

EDIT: Make that two, 2201 just passed my house heading towards Robin Hood.
My locals:

Mike K

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on July 09, 2015, 09:58:08 AM
I wonder how many 'ohh what's happened, has it broken down' comments they will be?!!

I suspect the non stop start ones will produce similar comments based on current form.

MW

Quote from: Stu on July 09, 2015, 08:51:36 PM
Didn't get the fleetnumber again, but if anyone is looking for E200MMCs in unfamiliar places, there's one on the evening 31Es, went past my house around 12 minutes ago towards Birmingham.

EDIT: Make that two, 2201 just passed my house heading towards Robin Hood.

There was one on the 5 yesterday.

It's fairly standard and permanent on the 31 though seeing as there all 37 boards.

What annoys me is even if it's branded, it's still put on routes like the 5/31, like I saw yesterday. It's difficult to make sure it's not branded as they're sent out as where they are parked in garage, but it'd be nice if it were to happen.

I have a feeling the 11 is soon to be branded up as well. That is "speculation" of course.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on July 09, 2015, 11:11:01 PM

It's fairly standard and permanent on the 31 though seeing as there all 37 boards.

What annoys me is even if it's branded, it's still put on routes like the 5/31, like I saw yesterday. It's difficult to make sure it's not branded as they're sent out as where they are parked in garage, but it'd be nice if it were to happen.

I have a feeling the 11 is soon to be branded up as well. That is "speculation" of course.

I sincerely it gets branded ! You'd think arguably the company's most famous route, it requires branding ! I just hope they were waiting for more and more Geminis
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Trident 4609

Tony mentioned a while back that the 11 was set to be branded (About the time the 35 was branded). Still the case i wonder?

Solo1

Will the MMC 200 be branded for the 71&72 as well as the 37

filbus1

Quote from: Solo1 on July 10, 2015, 07:01:28 AM
Will the MMC 200 be branded for the 71&72 as well as the 37
Yes, 2225-44 will be 71/72 branded.

Stu

Quote from: MW on July 09, 2015, 11:11:01 PM

I know the evening 31Es come off the 37, I was just letting the 'new bus' hunters know where to look! ;)

Give it a few more weeks, there'll be even fewer 'unusual workings' at AG once there's only one single deck type there.
My locals:

James4368

Morning :)

any MMC's out today?

currently looking for
2203 , 2204 , 2207 , 2208 , 2211
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull