News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

2205 and 2206 are out on the 37

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bryan

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 04, 2015, 03:26:53 PM
2205 and 2206 are out on the 37

I traveled on 2206 from Birmingham to Acocks Green today and I can't say I was overwhelmed by the vehicle inside, or the livery. Inside though my opinion was probably tarnished by the amount of rubbish left by previous passengers!

Liberator9

When riding 2201 yesterday it was turning heads in Sparkbrook and Acocks Green - some were commenting how it was a "nice new bus." Shame about the amount of rubbish - yesterday it was spotless on 2201. I know the Colmore Row buses are cleaned at stops, but what about the 37, 6, 50, 35? If they're not, there should be some effort to - some 6's and 50's by the afternoon have metros everywhere, rolling cans etc.

Bryan

Quote from: Liberator9 on July 04, 2015, 05:52:40 PM
When riding 2201 yesterday it was turning heads in Sparkbrook and Acocks Green - some were commenting how it was a "nice new bus." Shame about the amount of rubbish - yesterday it was spotless on 2201. I know the Colmore Row buses are cleaned at stops, but what about the 37, 6, 50, 35? If they're not, there should be some effort to - some 6's and 50's by the afternoon have metros everywhere, rolling cans etc.

I do think the amount of rubbish left on buses is an issue that needs to be addressed by NXWM.

How to solve it though is not an easy problem, unless one uses a Sten gun at the end of the journey, which I understand is not politically correct!

The amount of rubbish can however discourage new customers from using buses again. 

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Bryan on July 04, 2015, 06:56:28 PM
I do think the amount of rubbish left on buses is an issue that needs to be addressed by NXWM.

How to solve it though is not an easy problem, unless one uses a Sten gun at the end of the journey, which I understand is not politically correct!

The amount of rubbish can however discourage new customers from using buses again.

One partial fix could be that NE stop giving away the Metro on there buses!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on July 04, 2015, 05:52:40 PM

37 is cleaned at Solihull Station.

Liberator9

@MW

Thanks - was unaware of that! I wonder if the 6 is done at all in City in that case?

Eric Shaw

The mention of 65 new single deckers for AG is probably an error and includes the 15 E200's delivered earlier in the year.

Squiz1971

@Tony Silly question but when are the next batch of AG E200MMC's due for delivery & lol will there be any issues with them too? hopefully not of course anyway you may of mentioned it previously somewhere in the thread but I'm not sure TBH.

Tony

Quote from: Squiz1971 on July 05, 2015, 12:56:42 PM
@Tony Silly question but when are the next batch of AG E200MMC's due for delivery & lol will there be any issues with them too? hopefully not of course anyway you may of mentioned it previously somewhere in the thread but I'm not sure TBH.

Well it is a bit of a silly question. If I knew there was going to be issues with them so would both Alexander Dennis & NXWM, so the wouldn't bother delivering them.

don

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2015, 01:44:40 PM
Well it is a bit of a silly question. If I knew there was going to be issues with them so would both Alexander Dennis & NXWM, so the wouldn't bother delivering them.

I would have thought they'll retrofit any rectifications developed for the first few buses to the rest of the build.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Liberator9

Judging by my ride on 2201 (which I will now shut up about  ;) ), ADL have done a good job. They go along well and looked well built. Sure the issues that've been experienced are just teething troubles that will be ironed out. The E400MMC and 200MMC are new, young designs that are bound to have faults at the start, like new cars. Anyway 2201-2211 are now all at AG, so deliveries are ongoing and not delayed.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2015, 01:44:40 PM
Yes it was but what I really meant was are there any MMC's due for delivery this week??

Tony

Quote from: Squiz1971 on July 05, 2015, 04:39:05 PM
Yes it was but what I really meant was are there any MMC's due for delivery this week??
2209-11 Arrived Friday, photos on main site, and they will continue to arrive as normal

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2015, 04:49:43 PM
2209-11 Arrived Friday, photos on main site, and they will continue to arrive as normal
Ok mate cheers, are they going to continue coming down in dribs and drabs still or is a larger batch going to be delivered to make up for the earlier teething problems?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk