News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on July 03, 2015, 02:40:34 PM
@MW

Clearly the running board is cursed - third bus today for it!

No, I'm on my second portion now. Earlier 2206 was swapped for 1936. My current bus was supposed to be 1944, it had an oil light on and is now 7021. Currently at Solihull station leaving at 1632

Liberator9

My mistake - thought you mean 1936 had been swapped - stupid me  :)

Hopefully they will! Have a fair few to catch still - 1 out of 50  ;D

Stu

2201 and 2202 still out; 2202 should be in city shortly if it hasn't left already.

Travelled on 2201 this morning, while I wasn't overwhelmed by it, certainly could get used to travelling on these every day! Driver must have been running a bit late, there were luckily some good stretches of open road leaving Acocks Green (for a change), these do pick up speed quite nicely, and from my perspective as a passenger, having the bigger 6cyl engine really makes a difference as the bus doesn't struggle to get going.

Journey was quite smooth, apart from going over some potholes, it was good to see the driver seemed to enjoy the experience as well, enthusiastically waving and hooting other drivers as he passed them!

Very pleased so far, though it will be interesting to see how the bus copes with a full standing load, as compared to the Scanias, the area for standing seems smaller, and like the Eclipse 2 there doesn't seem to be many handrails in convenient positions to stand safely. There's no upright rail near the door though, so that might discourage some people from standing there, hopefully!

One final thing that amused me actually, was the sound of the stop bell; it's a nice cute 'ding-ding' sound, that's not that loud, so it shouldn't be annoying when people keep pressing it.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

domino.99

Wheres the driver change for the 37?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Dom on July 03, 2015, 07:54:46 PM
Wheres the driver change for the 37?

Acock Green Village
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on July 03, 2015, 07:52:30 PM
2201 and 2202 still out; 2202 should be in city shortly if it hasn't left already.

Travelled on 2201 this morning, while I wasn't overwhelmed by it, certainly could get used to travelling on these every day! Driver must have been running a bit late, there were luckily some good stretches of open road leaving Acocks Green (for a change), these do pick up speed quite nicely, and from my perspective as a passenger, having the bigger 6cyl engine really makes a difference as the bus doesn't struggle to get going.

Journey was quite smooth, apart from going over some potholes, it was good to see the driver seemed to enjoy the experience as well, enthusiastically waving and hooting other drivers as he passed them!

Very pleased so far, though it will be interesting to see how the bus copes with a full standing load, as compared to the Scanias, the area for standing seems smaller, and like the Eclipse 2 there doesn't seem to be many handrails in convenient positions to stand safely. There's no upright rail near the door though, so that might discourage some people from standing there, hopefully!

One final thing that amused me actually, was the sound of the stop bell; it's a nice cute 'ding-ding' sound, that's not that loud, so it shouldn't be annoying when people keep pressing it.

Is the bell the same as the standard e400MMC then?

Liberator9

Yeah it is - if not a bit quieter.

Stu

Don't know if this is just an error, but the NX website says that Acocks Green are receiving 65 new Enviro200s?
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/new-buses-on-the-37

My locals:

domino.99

Do the 200MMC's have the same cab layout as the 400MMC?

Tony

Quote from: Dom on July 03, 2015, 08:47:37 PM
Do the 200MMC's have the same cab layout as the 400MMC?

Yes, you only have to have type training on one to be allowed to drive both

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on July 03, 2015, 08:53:03 PM
Yes, you only have to have type training on one to be allowed to drive both

I had to be type trained on both e200 and e400 mk2 even though they're both the same to drive. The only difference was the radio button is behind the driver 

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 03, 2015, 09:31:11 PM
I had to be type trained on both e200 and e400 mk2 even though they're both the same to drive. The only difference was the radio button is behind the driver

Rules changed now

domino.99

@MW is that you driving 2206 on Tony's latest picture?

MW

Quote from: Dom on July 03, 2015, 10:27:29 PM
@MW is that you driving 2206 on Tony's latest picture?

Nah that picture was taken after it was repaired. That guy had it after ADL fixed it.

Stu

2207 is on display today from 11am to 4pm at the Acocks Green Carnival, at the Recreation Ground on Westley Road, if anyone wants a closer look.

Photo from: https://www.facebook.com/nxwestmidlands/photos/a.373247266053647.97051.204017859643256/986766584701709/?type=1&theater
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk