News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Meanwhile 2204 has arrived (or I've seen it now), so that's seven I believe. 2201/2/4/5/6/7/8 and they're all dumped in the corner until "someone from ADL comes and fixes them" lol

Tony

Quote from: MW on June 29, 2015, 06:58:18 PM
Meanwhile 2204 has arrived (or I've seen it now), so that's seven I believe. 2201/2/4/5/6/7/8 and they're all dumped in the corner until "someone from ADL comes and fixes them" lol

and 2203

Stuharris 6360

I wonder if any other companies are having problems with the MMCs or is it just NE?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MW

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 29, 2015, 07:03:10 PM
I wonder if any other companies are having problems with the MMCs or is it just NE?

Without offended anyone, a lot of staff are saying they are heaps of s*it. Both YW and AGs.

GeminiFan1991

The 5 year exclusive deal with ADL seems some what questionable now with all problems as of late !  :P
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liberator9

@MW

Doesn't surprise me - NX should've gone Wright Volvo - always been a good combination and never had this sort of problem. Always been quality issues with ADL - yet they still sign a 5 year deal....

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 29, 2015, 07:15:19 PM
@MW

Doesn't surprise me - NX should've gone Wright Volvo - always been a good combination and never had this sort of problem. Always been quality issues with ADL - yet they still sign a 5 year deal....

I agree here, I always wanted to NX to purchase the Gemini 2s in bulk, The current livery would have suited them well.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 29, 2015, 07:15:19 PM
@MW

You can understand why they have done it, presumable with a 5 year contract, NE get a discount on the buses for the loyalty, BUT and it's a big BUT, as i have said before, put all your eggs into one basket and you risk trouble.

IMO, always buy a variety of buses from different manufacturers, maybe slightly more expensive but i think you get better value in the long run.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

As Tony says, NE aren't rushing to get rid of the B6/10, Spectra's and Mercs at the moment, however there is still the case that brand new expensive buses are not turning a wheel because they need fixing.

Plus NE said on the website

"We'll be launching brand new single decker buses on our busy 37 service between Solihull and Birmingham, which will shortly be followed by our 71 and 72 services between Solihull, Sutton Coldfield and Birmingham. Buses will arrive in late may for the 37 bus service, with the first buses arriving for the 71 & 72 in mid to late June."

Its not very good publicity for NE when its the 1 July on Wednesday and no new single deckers have entered service, although to be fair, its not NE's fault!

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 29, 2015, 07:20:59 PM
You can understand why they have done it, presumable with a 5 year contract, NE get a discount on the buses for the loyalty, BUT and it's a big BUT, as i have said before, put all your eggs into one basket and you risk trouble.

IMO, always buy a variety of buses from different manufacturers, maybe slightly more expensive but i think you get better value in the long run.

Might be slightly more expensive? It would be a logistical and costly nightmare. The spares inventory alone would cost a fortune as well as losing all your bulk purchase discounts, getting ripped off by spares providers (Hello Arriva and DAF parts).

If you were buying from a variety of manufacturers you have less chance of a solution to problems as the manufacturers will care less, whereas I guarantee you A-D will be doing everything possible now to get these vehicles right. The thought of losing the rest of a what could be £30m order for the next four years because you have cocked up (you don't think there isn't get out clauses or break points if anything goes wrong?)

Armchair MDs always know best because they are not actually risking any money

winston

Quote from: Tony on June 29, 2015, 07:30:59 PM
Might be slightly more expensive? It would be a logistical and costly nightmare. The spares inventory alone would cost a fortune as well as losing all your bulk purchase discounts, getting ripped off by spares providers (Hello Arriva and DAF parts).

If you were buying from a variety of manufacturers you have less chance of a solution to problems the manufacturers will care less, whereas I guarantee you A-D will be doing everything possible to know get these vehicles right. The thought of losing the rest of a what could be £30m order for the next four years because you have cocked up (you don't think there isn't get out clauses or break points if anything goes wrong?)

Additionally, NX are unlikely to release payment for the E200MMC's until they meet their expectations & the outstanding issues resolved

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on June 29, 2015, 07:37:18 PM
Additionally, NX are unlikely to release payment for the E200MMC's until they meet their expectations & the outstanding issues resolved

I would hope that NE would receive some compensation for the problems that have been encountered.

If i was the MD (which thankfully i am not), the question i would be asking the manufacturer is why these problems have occured and what they are going to do in the future to ensure that nothing like this happens again. What has happened to quality control?

busfan2847

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 29, 2015, 07:45:34 PM
I would hope that NE would receive some compensation for the problems that have been encountered.

If i was the MD (which thankfully i am not), the question i would be asking the manufacturer is why these problems have occured and what they are going to do in the future to ensure that nothing like this happens again. What has happened to quality control?

If it is anything like where I work, it has been sub-contracted out to the lowest bidder!

Bryan

Quote from: busfan2847 on June 29, 2015, 08:15:42 PM
If it is anything like where I work, it has been sub-contracted out to the lowest bidder!

The quality should still be acceptable for purpose.

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on June 29, 2015, 07:30:59 PM

If you were buying from a variety of manufacturers you have less chance of a solution to problems as the manufacturers will care less, whereas I guarantee you A-D will be doing everything possible now to get these vehicles right. The thought of losing the rest of a what could be £30m order for the next four years because you have cocked up (you don't think there isn't get out clauses or break points if anything goes wrong?)

I am certainly no expert on such matters but what was the rationale for dual sourcing DDs a few years back when NX was buying both Tridents and B7TLs? Was that a strategic decision or was it that one manufacturer couldn't supply the volumes required? I guess it only really lasted from 2001 to 2006 and Wright / Volvo fell out of favour for DDs (coinciding with the B9TL replacing the B7TL).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk