News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

how are they bigger than omnilinks. Omnilinks have no legroom and they seat 2 less

Liberator9

The Omnilinks are slightly bigger by the looks of it - will be able to judge better when they're out in service and next to one. The Omnilinks legroom is ok on most seats - if you're struggling for legroom go to the emergency exit seat - tons of legroom!

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 27, 2015, 09:06:32 PM
They do look a bit more midi bus when compared to an Omnilink - would prefer a bit of a longer raised up section at the rear of the E200MMCs by the looks of it! Amazed how they have 45 seats, as opposed to the Omnilink's 43. @MW Any chance of getting to drive one soon?

I'm on the 37 on Thursday so maybe, if not the week after probably. There's six parked up in garage at the moment.

Liberator9

Nice - hopefully they go along well - will be after one on Monday if any are out.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 27, 2015, 09:24:21 PM
Nice - hopefully they go along well - will be after one on Monday if any are out.

July 1st on Wednesday, bet they tax them from then!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 27, 2015, 09:06:32 PM
They do look a bit more midi bus when compared to an Omnilink - would prefer a bit of a longer raised up section at the rear of the E200MMCs by the looks of it! Amazed how they have 45 seats, as opposed to the Omnilink's 43. @MW Any chance of getting to drive one soon?

What's amazing about putting 45 seats in an 11.8m single deck?

Liberator9

They're already taxed - check on the DVLA reg look up. Most done 1st June onwards - 2201, 2202 and 2203 were done from the 1st May - 2204, 2207 and 2208 still being checked.

Liberator9

Just the fact that they are 0.2m shorter than a Scania Omnilink and yet they fit two more in - just curious where the extra two seats have been fitted in.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 27, 2015, 09:37:27 PM
They're already taxed - check on the DVLA reg look up. Most done 1st June onwards - 2201, 2202 and 2203 were done from the 1st May - 2204, 2207 and 2208 still being checked.

That's a bit of a waste of money, two months and they haven't moved in revenue earning service!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liberator9

Well due to wonderful ADL build quality, 2201 and 2202 had to return. Assume 2203 never made it out of scarborough as a result.

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 27, 2015, 09:41:07 PM
Just the fact that they are 0.2m shorter than a Scania Omnilink and yet they fit two more in - just curious where the extra two seats have been fitted in.

From a photo?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 27, 2015, 09:42:21 PM
Well due to wonderful ADL build quality, 2201 and 2202 had to return. Assume 2203 never made it out of scarborough as a result.

That is what you get when you put all your eggs in one basket, would they have left Scarborough in that state if NE had been considering placing a big order with them. No, but because NE have already placed that order, they feel they can get away with inferior quality.

Personally i don't thinl NE should have placed the total order with ADL, but spread it around several manufacturers.

Liberator9

No - by logic - just typical thinking that a shorter bus will have marginally fewer seats. I'm wrong thinking that; will be interested to actually see the interior in person. Reason why there is a contract with ADL is to provide a discount overall in comparison to ordering from different manufacturers and benefit from standardisation of maintenance etc. Think ADL in general have always had inferior build quality to Wrights bodywork - only have to compare an ALX400 bodywork and Gemini.

BU07 LGO

I really don't like the look of these, they look like they've had a stroke

These ENVIRO 200 MMC,s look similar to volvos own in house single deck, I think Lothian have some of those, it's doesn't look any worse than the scanias, well it gives some idea on how the scania will look in Crimson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk