News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on June 23, 2015, 08:54:31 PM
Can two vehicles be a convoy? 😜 Or are there more than two, and it's just 2201 and 2202 that are tracking due to them already being delivered once already.

Safely arrived at AG at 21:12, watch out for more deliveries for AG & BC in the next 3 days

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 23, 2015, 07:00:18 PM
@MW

Haha - sure you are looking forward to having all Geminis on the 11 - I like the Plaxtons but some of the cabs I gather are cramped due to the larger steering wheel on some, and of course the "creak" sound. Hopefully the E200 MMCs will be good - I hope they are - let's just hope this pair coming down the M18 make it and are good solid buses.

Plaxtons are really dull to drive. They make some good sounds I suppose. The large steering wheel, the drivers seats that give you a back ache, the acceleration, the sharp edges on the drivers window, the door opening buttons. I just don't like them to drive lol

Edit: I'm on the 37s on Thursday I think, then I think Thursday next week, so I might get to take one of the MMCs out! I've heard that they're looking to get them on the road as soon as possible, so fingers crossed.

Liberator9

@MW

Can see why you want the Geminis all working on the 11 now  :)

GeminiFan1991

I've been to skip the odd Plaxton and wait in favour of a Gemini
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

B.C Driver

Quote from: Tony on June 23, 2015, 09:12:50 PM
Safely arrived at AG at 21:12, watch out for more deliveries for AG & BC in the next 3 days

And presumably more transfers too...
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

MW

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on June 23, 2015, 10:51:44 PM
And presumably more transfers too...

I hear its the Scanias due out first, leaving the B7RLEs to last (PE apparently), and some Presidents of course, whilst more Geminis in.

That's the word in garage anyway.

Interestingly, when the emissions stuff changes, surely it'll mean the masses of Geminis would need to be upgraded for routes 5/31.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on June 23, 2015, 11:49:16 PM
I hear its the Scanias due out first, leaving the B7RLEs to last (PE apparently), and some Presidents of course, whilst more Geminis in.

Interestingly, when the emissions stuff changes, surely it'll mean the masses of Geminis would need to be upgraded for routes 5/31.

I like the idea of more and more Geminis at AG  :D

Can't they modify the engine as opposed to replacing the entire vehicle ?!

leewhayward29

Quote from: Tony on June 23, 2015, 09:12:50 PM

When is Walsall garage getting there new buses. Sorry if I have posted it in the wrong one
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Sayeed

Quote from: leewhayward29 on June 24, 2015, 12:39:27 AM
When is Walsall garage getting there new buses. Sorry if I have posted it in the wrong one

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 11, 2015, 09:22:12 AM
Been told the platinums won't be arriving until the end of July
Век живи - век учись

leewhayward29

Quote from: Sayeed on June 24, 2015, 01:00:26 AM

Thanks I didn't see it on Walsall garage post. Thanks again for pointing it out
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

MW

Was having a bit of a play around with 2201 earlier. I'm actually quite impressed with it's design inside. The cab area is so futuristic and feels quite comfortable, more so than the Scanias. The whole cab area feels raised, like double deckers, as oppose to looking up at passengers when boarding on the Scanias.

The saloon looks very airy, and visibility outside seems like the Eclipse2s. Thin pillars, and not looking plastic and cheap. I like the positioning of the CCTV monitor, it's in the centre raised up, with the "Bus Stopping" sign above it.

I think it is a 6 cylinder engine, it doesn't sound as rough as a 4 cylinder anyway. And it makes the same noise as the E400s/Tridents when releasing air from the tanks, a sound I've always approved of lol. One particular feature I like, as the double deckers also have, is the CCTV screen in the cab which can flick to different views externally to see your blind spots, should you want it to.

The interior seems to be miles better than the exterior. Well I suppose it's just the front end that looks dreary, the rear looks smart, like the deckers.

I am looking forward to driving these, I'm not really a fan of the Scanias, and I am a fan of the Eclipse, except for the lack of revs!

Also growing even more fond of the Geminis, have had 4519 and 4647 recently. Both excellent, with no complaints, especially 4647 which is bloody quick! The cooler fans refused to come on, on 4647, unlike 4519 which was roaring between Tyburn Road and Bearwood!!

BK63 YWP

Quote from: MW on June 23, 2015, 11:49:16 PM

I wonder if PE will get some scanias too. Even with the rest of AG b7lres its not enough to  replace the remain mercs in service. Unless PE gets some more tridents from BC or other cascades.

Lets see what the summer nx transfer window brings
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on June 25, 2015, 12:56:53 AM
Was having a bit of a play around with 2201 earlier. I'm actually quite impressed with it's design inside. The cab area is so futuristic and feels quite comfortable, more so than the Scanias. The whole cab area feels raised, like double deckers, as oppose to looking up at passengers when boarding on the Scanias.

The saloon looks very airy, and visibility outside seems like the Eclipse2s. Thin pillars, and not looking plastic and cheap. I like the positioning of the CCTV monitor, it's in the centre raised up, with the "Bus Stopping" sign above it.

I think it is a 6 cylinder engine, it doesn't sound as rough as a 4 cylinder anyway. And it makes the same noise as the E400s/Tridents when releasing air from the tanks, a sound I've always approved of lol. One particular feature I like, as the double deckers also have, is the CCTV screen in the cab which can flick to different views externally to see your blind spots, should you want it to.

The interior seems to be miles better than the exterior. Well I suppose it's just the front end that looks dreary, the rear looks smart, like the deckers.

I am looking forward to driving these, I'm not really a fan of the Scanias, and I am a fan of the Eclipse, except for the lack of revs!

Also growing even more fond of the Geminis, have had 4519 and 4647 recently. Both excellent, with no complaints, especially 4647 which is bloody quick! The cooler fans refused to come on, on 4647, unlike 4519 which was roaring between Tyburn Road and Bearwood!!

Thats good to hear ! I hope to ride 1 soon, is their any word on when they enter service plus where are they situated in the garage ?! If they're outside, I'll hope to bring my telescopic lens and have a peek !

Geminis are wonderful vehicles ! In Erdington awaiting my 11C home, I skipped two Plaxtons in favour of a Gemini and I was not disappointed !

MW

Quote from: BusFan on June 25, 2015, 01:19:49 AM
Thats good to hear ! I hope to ride 1 soon, is their any word on when they enter service plus where are they situated in the garage ?! If they're outside, I'll hope to bring my telescopic lens and have a peek !

Geminis are wonderful vehicles ! In Erdington awaiting my 11C home, I skipped two Plaxtons in favour of a Gemini and I was not disappointed !

Nah you won't be able to see them from outside, there are supposed to be a couple more coming today or tomorrow. 6148 was also hidden away whilst it was at AG for nearly the past week.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on June 25, 2015, 01:28:23 AM
Nah you won't be able to see them from outside, there are supposed to be a couple more coming today or tomorrow. 6148 was also hidden away whilst it was at AG for nearly the past week.

Unlucky me, oh well, I'll be sure to grab a ride one of the days, Did you get to drive the bus ?!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk