News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

@Dutsey

Hope this makes some kind of sense!  :)

Essentially due to the late arrival of the E200MMCs, which are due to replace the Scanias and B7s at AG. However to avoid delaying some cascades, instead of pressing ahead with replacing all the Presidents on the 11A/C, the surplus of Geminis that have arrived from WB and PB, have been deployed onto the 37, to allow the 7019 to 7029 Scanias to shift to Perry Barr.

Personally think the 37 should remain Gemini operated - a busy route that benefits from double decks as opposed to singles - then again could be a while till the 37 does go back to single deck with the rate of current ADL deliveries....

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 23, 2015, 04:05:48 PM
@Dutsey

Hope this makes some kind of sense!  :)

Essentially due to the late arrival of the E200MMCs, which are due to replace the Scanias and B7s at AG. However to avoid delaying some cascades, instead of pressing ahead with replacing all the Presidents on the 11A/C, the surplus of Geminis that have arrived from WB and PB, have been deployed onto the 37, to allow the 7019 to 7029 Scanias to shift to Perry Barr.

Personally think the 37 should remain Gemini operated - a busy route that benefits from double decks as opposed to singles - then again could be a while till the 37 does go back to single deck with the rate of current ADL deliveries....

I do agree, Geminis on the 37 are good. But I'm on the Outer Circle rota, and these bloody Plaxtons are annoying! So bring the Geminis back to the 11 :P

If the MMCs drive as good as the cab feels (if that makes sense), then I'm sure they'll be fine. I've actually got higher hopes for them now, although I do hate single deckers overall.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Dutsey on June 23, 2015, 02:59:18 PM
Just doing a bit of spotting on my lunch break in Acocks Green and couldn't help but notice that the 37 was mainly Geminis. How come? I think I saw one single deck in my 60mins lunch break.

Also noted 4 11c's running together.

The 37 is mostly Gemini operated now until the E200MMC's arrive

Tony

Some of the new toys will actually be at AG tomorrow morning, at least two are currently on the M18 heading south

Liberator9

@MW

Haha - sure you are looking forward to having all Geminis on the 11 - I like the Plaxtons but some of the cabs I gather are cramped due to the larger steering wheel on some, and of course the "creak" sound. Hopefully the E200 MMCs will be good - I hope they are - let's just hope this pair coming down the M18 make it and are good solid buses.

Stu

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 23, 2015, 04:05:48 PM

Personally, I don't think the 37 needs double-decks all day, but it helps when they come out as peak-time extras.

The singles are just fine when things run to plan, the problems with overcrowding only come if a bus gets just a few minutes late; the people waiting at stops already get joined by people who would have otherwise caught the next one five minutes later, and naturally when they arrive in bunches everyone wants to get on the one that's already packed, rather than the near-empty one just behind!

Still, it's good having mostly Geminis at the moment, but I still seem to manage to get Omnilinks most of the time  :(
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on June 23, 2015, 06:34:07 PM
Some of the new toys will actually be at AG tomorrow morning, at least two are currently on the M18 heading south

Is it 2201 and 2202 again?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stu on June 23, 2015, 07:00:46 PM
Personally, I don't think the 37 needs double-decks all day, but it helps when they come out as peak-time extras.

The singles are just fine when things run to plan, the problems with overcrowding only come if a bus gets just a few minutes late; the people waiting at stops already get joined by people who would have otherwise caught the next one five minutes later, and naturally when they arrive in bunches everyone wants to get on the one that's already packed, rather than the near-empty one just behind!

Still, it's good having mostly Geminis at the moment, but I still seem to manage to get Omnilinks most of the time  :(

Really ?! Must be my luck but I can't remember the last time I seen an OmniLink on the 37
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

Quote from: BusFan on June 23, 2015, 07:18:24 PM
Really ?! Must be my luck but I can't remember the last time I seen an OmniLink on the 37

There were 6 of them on there today which is about normal at the moment.

2201 & 2202 are currently at Junction 26 of the M1 by Nottingham (19:22)  if anyone want to guess what time they will arrive at AG for a photo of them going in

Stu

I actually managed a ride home on a an Eclipse 2, which is something of a rarity now on the 37  8)
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on June 23, 2015, 07:42:59 PM
I actually managed a ride home on a an Eclipse 2, which is something of a rarity now on the 37  8)

2120?

Stu

Quote from: Tony on June 23, 2015, 07:49:43 PM
2120?

Yep, that was the one. It passed my house earlier doing a 37E back to Acocks Green.

My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Chris on June 23, 2015, 07:02:59 PM
Is it 2201 and 2202 again?

Both now on the M42 near Sutton Coldfield if anyone near Acocks Green wants to watch them arrive, they won't be long now

MW

Quote from: Tony on June 23, 2015, 07:21:38 PM
There were 6 of them on there today which is about normal at the moment.

2201 & 2202 are currently at Junction 26 of the M1 by Nottingham (19:22)  if anyone want to guess what time they will arrive at AG for a photo of them going in

Just spotted in Coleshill in convoy

Gareth

Can two vehicles be a convoy? 😜 Or are there more than two, and it's just 2201 and 2202 that are tracking due to them already being delivered once already?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk