News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall

Do buses normally change routes on Sunday? I've photographed a few this morning on one route, and then again in the afternoon on a different route. Forgive me if its just normal interworking but I'm not aware of any happening?
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

MW

Quote from: Niall on June 14, 2015, 11:04:03 PM
Do buses normally change routes on Sunday? I've photographed a few this morning on one route, and then again in the afternoon on a different route. Forgive me if its just normal interworking but I'm not aware of any happening?

If a running board on say the route 1 began at 6am and returned to depot at around 11am.

Then a running board on the 11A began at 12pm till 7pm.

It may well be the same bus due to it being at the front of the garage especially on a Sunday where other buses will be parked up in lines ready for Monday morning.

Niall

Quote from: MW on June 14, 2015, 11:09:07 PM
If a running board on say the route 1 began at 6am and returned to depot at around 11am.

Then a running board on the 11A began at 12pm till 7pm.

It may well be the same bus due to it being at the front of the garage especially on a Sunday where other buses will be parked up in lines ready for Monday morning.

Thanks MW, I didn't think there'd be buses returning to garage during the day on Sunday - shows how much I know!
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Ashley 60171

Quote from: John on June 14, 2015, 08:53:26 PM
2108 (I think it was) was on the 5 today. Saw it in City around 4.30pm. Normal for a Sunday?

The Sunday single decker is normally a Scania lump but both appear.

Tony

Anyone in Solihull tomorrow morning, watch out for the 08:43 37E from Solihull to Acocks Green. It is possible that 6148 will work it, currently on loan to AG for driver training ready for the arrival of the E200s

Stu

The 37 should be interesting next week, with a couple of planned diversions at the same time:

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/closure-of-warwick-road-/
Warwick Road closed in one direction (towards Acocks Green) between Golden Hillock Road and Manor Farm Road (evenings from 19:00); 37s towards Solihull diverted along Baker Street, St John's Road, Stratford Road, Formans Road and Reddings Lane

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/closure-of-warwick-roadacocks-green-/
Warwick Road closed in towards-city direction from Lincoln Road to Shirley Road (Saturday evening to Friday 26th June); 37s towards Birmingham diverted along Olton Boulevard East and Shirley Road

Don't suppose if anyone knows if the 37 will be using stand AL in the village temporarily during this time, or will I have to use stand AP?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

GeminiFan1991

on average, how long does it take to get to Solihull from Erdington on the 966 ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Kevin

Quote from: BusFan on June 18, 2015, 07:02:58 PM
on average, how long does it take to get to Solihull from Erdington on the 966 ?!

However long the timetable says it takes
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tara4352

Stevo

What is the latest news on the E200s? Any idea when deliveries might resume?

Stu

4062 has a faulty front destination display, half the information is missing!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

6148 in use with AG - on the 899 school route this morning. Very odd to see a YW MMC working on an AG route!

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 22, 2015, 02:41:11 PM
6148 in use with AG - on the 899 school route this morning. Very odd to see a YW MMC working on an AG route!

See message number 694 above

Liberator9

@Tony

Thanks - assume that 899 goes onto that 37E in that case.

Dutsey

Just doing a bit of spotting on my lunch break in Acocks Green and couldn't help but notice that the 37 was mainly Geminis. How come? I think I saw one single deck in my 60mins lunch break.

Also noted 4 11c's running together.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk