News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

@BU07 LGO

That is the problem with the Geminis - certainly when they're idle the engine vibration on some of them can be fairly unpleasant, causing as you say, panels to rattle at the back. The Dennis Tridents do feel solid - actually really they don't rattle that much, aside from the destination display panel upstairs on most - still amazed how bus manufacturers have not resolved the issue of poor quality fittings on the destination boxes. The MMCs have the same design as the Trident pretty much, and already a few have some rattles coming from it. Don't mind the E400s - just the way the gearbox has been mapped out on them now, makes their acceleration poor.

Trident 4609

Gemini on the 1. Isn't it supposed to be Single Deck on a Sunday service.

Liberator9

Is meant to be - but AG could be being sensible and sending out a decker due to the Bank Holiday, which can be busier than a normal Sunday service.

MW

The 1 has everything on it.

Stu

Quote from: MW on May 25, 2015, 04:30:57 PM
The 1 has everything on it.

But it is usually single-decks on Sunday - I have seen Geminis used on Bank Holidays before though.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Chris2301

When do you think the e200 mmc might be coming down mid june?

Stu

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 25, 2015, 08:21:49 PM
When do you think the e200 mmc might be coming down mid june?

It will depend on what work needs doing to the already-completed vehicles, and if vehicles are still in production, whether the identified issues can be remedied during build. I have a feeling it might be July before we see these new vehicles now, but I hope I'm wrong!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ashley 60171

In other news...

4657 has had current standard upper/lower deck CCTV screens fitted. Is this a one off?

MW

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on May 25, 2015, 11:31:46 PM
In other news...

4657 has had current standard upper/lower deck CCTV screens fitted. Is this a one off?

No, at least 4668 has them aswell

Ashley 60171

Quote from: MW on May 26, 2015, 12:06:15 PM
No, at least 4668 has them aswell

4668 had the old screens a few weeks back so must be something they'll all get

MW

Quote from: Stu on May 25, 2015, 09:03:08 PM
It will depend on what work needs doing to the already-completed vehicles, and if vehicles are still in production, whether the identified issues can be remedied during build. I have a feeling it might be July before we see these new vehicles now, but I hope I'm wrong!

Bits in the engine bay are made of plastic when they're supposed to be metal (surely it'll melt?), the "Stopping" sign inside fell off, the rear number plate was stuck on with tape. It was rattling a lot and little bits fell off whilst driving.

j789

Quote from: MW on May 26, 2015, 06:31:17 PM
Bits in the engine bay are made of plastic when they're supposed to be metal (surely it'll melt?), the "Stopping" sign inside fell off, the rear number plate was stuck on with tape. It was rattling a lot and little bits fell off whilst driving.

Apart from that though sounds like a quality vehicle!!!

Stevo

I rode on a Stagecoach E200 from Foleshill into Coventry this afternoon - bumpy, jolting and vibrating when idling. If the MMC E200s are even worse I'll be avoiding the 37!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stevo on May 26, 2015, 07:04:56 PM
I rode on a Stagecoach E200 from Foleshill into Coventry this afternoon - bumpy, jolting and vibrating when idling. If the MMC E200s are even worse I'll be avoiding the 37!

Hopefully this was one of the issues NX found with the E200 MMC and is fixed when they come back.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Mike K

Quote from: MW on May 26, 2015, 06:31:17 PM

Your average ADL vehicle then?  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk