News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Pity a pic of the NX MMC200  was taken to see how eye catching the new NX livery is compared with a recently refurbished Halton vehicle which apparently attended the same event.
Picture below comes from Halton's website.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/15550X

A

Quote from: Winston on May 23, 2015, 04:34:21 PM
Of course the manufacturer can't get away with anything, if they don't deliver on their promises & the products aren't up to scratch NXWM will first reject them, secondly they could refuse to pay until the issues are resolved. I'm also sure that the 5 year exclusive ADL contract can be annulled as easily as it was signed, especially for inferior products.

With any luck, they'll annull the contract! Much prefer Wright products coupled with Volvo chassis! Look at the Geminis we've already got! Much better vehicle than the equivalent ALX!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: A on May 23, 2015, 10:42:20 PM
With any luck, they'll annull the contract! Much prefer Wright products coupled with Volvo chassis! Look at the Geminis we've already got! Much better vehicle than the equivalent ALX!

I can attest to that ! I haven't been on a bad Gemini yet whereas ALX are something else !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Chris2301

Will nx named some of the e200 mmc after boys? Or are buses "shes"

Sh4318

Quote from: BusFan on May 23, 2015, 10:44:23 PM
I can attest to that ! I haven't been on a bad Gemini yet whereas ALX are something else !

I have. But the good ones are that good they put some of the newer fleet to shame. The ALXs are very good, there are some awful examples though, 4250 springs to mind.

I do wish there were some B9TL/Geminis in the fleet
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Sh4318 on May 23, 2015, 11:09:23 PM
I have. But the good ones are that good they put some of the newer fleet to shame. The ALXs are very good, there are some awful examples though, 4250 springs to mind.

I do wish there were some B9TL/Geminis in the fleet

I've been on many Geminis although of recent memory, I've enjoyed them, although I echo your statement about wanting a B9TL, it'll look good either NX or crimson livery as well
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

crepello

Viewed 4027 being dragged through Moseley yesterday morning by the Mansfield truck. Looking sorry for itself

winston

I've always preferred the Wrightbus & Volvo combination, both Volvo & wright have always been known for producing quality products. However, I'm really not keen on the latest Wrightbus styling, not sure whether the B8RLE/Wright Eclispe will get a face lift and front to match the current styling.

I must admit, I like the ADL E400MMC, the E200MMC is a real let down, it just looks like a long Caetano bodied Dart from 10 years ago

A

Quote from: Winston on May 24, 2015, 12:55:24 PM
I've always preferred the Wrightbus & Volvo combination, both Volvo & wright have always been known for producing quality products. However, I'm really not keen on the latest Wrightbus styling, not sure whether the B8RLE/Wright Eclispe will get a face lift and front to match the current styling.

I must admit, I like the ADL E400MMC, the E200MMC is a real let down, it just looks like a long Caetano bodied Dart from 10 years ago

The E400MMC have had their fair share of issues too. YW has been having problems with the fuel pumps on them. It's not looking good for either MMC.

Stevo

I went on a brand new E400 MMC hybrid last week in London - an Abellio bus - and was surprised at the vibration from the engine, which you don't get with the earlier E400 hybrids. Perhaps the MMC range has a few issues to be resolved.

Liverpool Street

>Enviro200MMC
>Still an Enviro200
>rejected for build quality
>"major model change"
>leopard never changes its spots

Smooth moves, ADL.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liberator9

@Liverpool Street

Haha - Very true - never had this problem with Volvo/Wright, nor Scania. Unfortunately probably a compliment to call them Leopards, which could probably accelerate quicker!
Personally would be happier if we had the Enviro 300 with Scania K230UB chassis which Stagecoach have in good numbers - proper chassis and the E300 is actually a decent body.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 24, 2015, 10:06:40 PM
@Liverpool Street

Haha - Very true - never had this problem with Volvo/Wright, nor Scania. Unfortunately probably a compliment to call them Leopards, which could probably accelerate quicker!

Precisely, Volvo/Wright products seems quality, Scanias used to be, their lorries are very good, buses are a bit squeaky, but a lot better then ADL. Maybe it is as one poster said before, the suspension ruins ADL products. The bloody E200's are awful though, and its the farthest thing from a Leopard in regards to speed, but you get the analogy ;-) @Liberator9
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liberator9

@Liverpool Street

Yeah exactly - never had an issue with Volvo/Wright - just need to look at the B10Ls for the robustness of the chassis/body to see what a good buy they are. The 56 reg ones at WA are good as well. The Scanias just need a better interior (Johnsons have some 2013 Scanias which have a much better lighter interior, with legroom) - use YW's Euro5s daily and like them. Haha yeah - the BC ones are particularly awful as you well know - suspension certainly ruins it on most ADL products, just seems a step back from Volvos/Scania and Mercs.

BU07 LGO

I like my Wright buses but think they're far from perfect, everytime I drive a gemini it has rattley can door and panels at the back downstairs but a trident in comparison seems solid!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk