News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

will AG still get E200MMC's?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Rob H

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on May 22, 2015, 04:27:52 PM

Yes they will still get E200MMC's buddy :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

MW

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on May 22, 2015, 04:27:52 PM

Yeah, they'll just take longer now. It'll obviously affect the withdrawals of other vehicles across the fleet and whatever else the plans were (Dundee to get B7RLEs? (if that's true)).

Stu

Quote from: MW on May 22, 2015, 04:12:49 PM
m
Not anytime yet. The two MMCs have gone back to Scarborough. NX have rejected them. Poor build quality.

At least a few weeks till they return along with the rest of the batch.

That's both bad news and good news at the same time - bad news that it is going to be longer before we see the new buses in action, but good news that they won't be rushed into service with problems from day one.

Still, I suppose this is to be expected when you get the first ones off the production line, with all the 'teething' problems.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on May 22, 2015, 04:59:33 PM
That's both bad news and good news at the same time - bad news that it is going to be longer before we see the new buses in action, but good news that they won't be rushed into service with problems from day one.

Still, I suppose this is to be expected when you get the first ones off the production line, with all the 'teething' problems.

If it's true then it's a sorry indictment of ADL that their build quality is that poor, and that their quality control can let buses through that are subsequently rejected by the operator. Are there any 'get out clauses' to the 5 year agreement?

Liberator9

Well a few on here raised concerns over build quality last year about the ADLs, in particular the E200s. Hopefully it can be sorted, otherwise time to look back at Volvos! Also, I don't know if I'm the only one, but the build quality of Falkirk built buses seems to be higher than Scarborough.

uniquicity

Is 2203 down here yet, seeing as it is showing up as being taxed

Tony

Quote from: uniquicity on May 22, 2015, 09:06:11 PM
Is 6703 down here yet, seeing as it is showing up as being taxed

A) what's this got to do with AG
b) Check the main site!

uniquicity

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Mike K on May 22, 2015, 09:03:18 PM
If it's true then it's a sorry indictment of ADL that their build quality is that poor, and that their quality control can let buses through that are subsequently rejected by the operator. Are there any 'get out clauses' to the 5 year agreement?

I agree here, I've always been taught back in college that quality control is strict procedure and I'm surprised that ADL let these 2 let go, interesting if this makes NX think about that 5 year exclusive deal, highly unlikely though.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

mranon

the e200's delivered across various garages are shockingly bad! id send the lot back!

suavegarv

Are you able to say what build quality issues they have?

Stuharris 6360

Isn't that the problem of putting your eggs all in one basket, the manufacturer thinks that they can get away with anything.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 23, 2015, 04:08:50 PM
Isn't that the problem of putting your eggs all in one basket, the manufacturer thinks that they can get away with anything.

Of course the manufacturer can't get away with anything, if they don't deliver on their promises & the products aren't up to scratch NXWM will first reject them, secondly they could refuse to pay until the issues are resolved. I'm also sure that the 5 year exclusive ADL contract can be annulled as easily as it was signed, especially for inferior products. 

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk