News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 18, 2015, 08:35:06 PM
Seen a pic of 2202 on main site looks pretty good, how long is it? Looks longer than the current e200 lwb

I was told by Tony these are the 11.5m version. These longer models will be the replacement for the Enviro300, which ADL will be discontinuing.

If I read the documents on the ADL website correctly, we should see a very slight capacity increase over the Omnilinks, 46 seats as opposed to 43.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on May 18, 2015, 08:49:50 PM
I was told by Tony these are the 11.5m version. These longer models will be the replacement for the Enviro300, which ADL will be discontinuing.

If I read the documents on the ADL website correctly, we should see a very slight capacity increase over the Omnilinks, 46 seats as opposed to 43.

I will check the seating tomorrow, but 46 is the maximum, so these may not be that high, they are actually 11.8m long and the chassis is closer related to the E40D chassis currently under the 400MMCs than any other A-D single deck

Liberator9

They look smart - Looking forward to riding these, and seeing the improvements on the Enviro 200  :D Do these have a ZF or Voith gearbox?

Stu

Quote from: Tony on May 18, 2015, 08:54:33 PM
I will check the seating tomorrow, but 46 is the maximum, so these may not be that high, they are actually 11.8m long and the chassis is closer related to the E40D chassis currently under the 400MMCs than any other A-D single deck

Either way, it looks like they'll have the 6cyl engines, so they should have a bit more 'oomph' to them than the other E200s in the fleet.

I think I'd be happy to lose a couple of seats from that maximum, if it means less complaints about lack of legroom! ;)

Looking forward to trying one of these out soon!
My locals:

Chris2301

Wonder if they are going to be branded like the 400mmc. What colour will the 37 get, im gona say yellow/gold colour a bit like the X96 has will look good on the crimson

Chris2301

Are AG guna lose all their b7s when the e200mmc all arrive. If they do are they going to WN and PN to withdrawn more older vehicles  (Doubt BC need anymore)

Stu

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 20, 2015, 08:40:20 PM
Are AG guna lose all their b7s when the e200mmc all arrive. If they do are they going to WN and PN to withdrawn more older vehicles  (Doubt BC need anymore)

No they are not losing all their 'B7's - the B7TL Geminis and Presidents will be staying. ;)

The new E200s will replace all the Wright Eclipse B7RLEs and Scania Omnilinks.

My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 20, 2015, 08:40:20 PM

They might be going to CV or Dundee or even a garage that currently hasn't got any, after all 1952 has just gone to WB who haven't got any Scanias

MW

I'm starting to think AG might well become a Gemini/E200 garage...

I hope not, hopefully they'll gain another vehicle type to replace the Presidents, well they'll have to eventually for the emissions thing in the City, won't they?

Chris2301

Quote from: Tony on May 20, 2015, 08:49:06 PM
They might be going to CV or Dundee or even a garage that currently hasn't got any, after all 1952 has just gone to WB who haven't got any Scanias

Maybe Scanias or Presidents at PN Would be awesome. Pn still got a few Mercs to replace. Or will a merc see 2016?

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on May 20, 2015, 08:44:30 PM
No they are not losing all their 'B7's - the B7TL Geminis and Presidents will be staying. ;)

The new E200s will replace all the Wright Eclipse B7RLEs and Scania Omnilinks.

By the looks of it, you'll be taking the rest of our 45**s :'(
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

GeminiFan1991

So when do the Omnilinks and B7RLES start to move out in mass ?! I'm assuming when the E200 MMC's start to arrive in numbers.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liberator9

@BusFan

Well 1952 has already moved out to West Brom - expect more to move out of AG over the coming weeks. Sure Tony will post transfers on here as soon as they happen.

MW

Quote from: BusFan on May 20, 2015, 10:04:16 PM
So when do the Omnilinks and B7RLES start to move out in mass ?! I'm assuming when the E200 MMC's start to arrive in numbers.
m
Not anytime yet. The two MMCs have gone back to Scarborough. NX have rejected them. Poor build quality.

At least a few weeks till they return along with the rest of the batch.

PM

Quote from: MW on May 22, 2015, 04:12:49 PM
m
Not anytime yet. The two MMCs have gone back to Scarborough. NX have rejected them. Poor build quality.

At least a few weeks till they return along with the rest of the batch.

That's a good start... ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk