News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

1944 has now lost all of its 37 branding

Stu

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2015, 06:28:12 PM
1944 has now lost all of its 37 branding

Noticed that this morning, can't remember if it was there when I caught it yesterday evening! (Got the same bus this evening too, easy to notice as it sports the destination in the larger font, which I prefer!)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jaysnerz007

4756 and 4758 parked in acocks green garage back car park so am guessing there awaiting there tranfer was it too full in yardley wood to keep them till they go ?

Stevo

It occurs to me that if all of the Presidents, Omnilinks and B7RLEs are replaced at AG this year well over half the allocation will have been replaced.

Rob H

1934 now de-branded from the 37 and I think its on the 72 but I'm not 100% sure.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Tony

Quote from: Rob2832 on May 04, 2015, 11:15:24 AM
1934 now de-branded from the 37 and I think its on the 72 but I'm not 100% sure.

1946 & 1952 are two more done

MW

Ah this reminds me of when the Eclipse Urbans left AG.

I wonder if I'll get to drive the Scanias/Eclipse by the time I start at AG.

monkeyjoe

Do we think that Acocks Green in one of the most "profitable" garages, since they withdrew from South Solihull. The ratio of investment  vs services etc it seems to get would lead me to that random conclusion, either AG or BY.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 04, 2015, 08:12:42 PM
Do we think that Acocks Green in one of the most "profitable" garages, since they withdrew from South Solihull. The ratio of investment  vs services etc it seems to get would lead me to that random conclusion, either AG or BY.

Yes wonderful investment, not one new double deck bus for a fleet of 100 vehicles for over 11 years!

monkeyjoe

50 buses or whatever it is (25- 33%) of fleet isn't that bad. I think I might have a point even if like a lot of points for discussion gets accosted with the usual dose of sarcasm.  Anyway I will never know, back to the day job lol.

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 05, 2015, 08:37:12 PM
50 buses or whatever it is (25- 33%) of fleet isn't that bad. I think I might have a point even if like a lot of points for discussion gets accosted with the usual dose of sarcasm.  Anyway I will never know, back to the day job lol.

But the 50 brand new buses will just be replacing what are otherwise the newest buses at that garage (single-decks). AG's youngest double-deck is 10 and a half years old.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stevo

Perhaps AG will get 4700-17 - they're 'only' 9 years old.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stevo on May 05, 2015, 10:19:21 PM
Perhaps AG will get 4700-17 - they're 'only' 9 years old.

I don't think it will happen as I mentioned in the WB thread if any Geminis are coming over Tony stated it was rumors if any were.

I was going through the fleet list and for 1932, it states it's been @ AG since 4/10 (Presumably delivered there) but the 1st picture shows it on an inbound 98 journey. I take it, it (At 1 point) must have been transferred to BC and back although it's not mentioned. Thought I'll give it a mention.  :)
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

CL

Quote from: BusFan on May 06, 2015, 07:46:45 PM
I don't think it will happen as I mentioned in the WB thread if any Geminis are coming over Tony stated it was rumors if any were.

I was going through the fleet list and for 1932, it states it's been @ AG since 4/10 (Presumably delivered there) but the 1st picture shows it on an inbound 98 journey. I take it, it (At 1 point) must have been transferred to BC and back although it's not mentioned. Thought I'll give it a mention.  :)
It was a loan.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Gareth

Having seen a photo of 2201, they do look very smart in the single deck variation of the new livery. Despite being an E200, I hope they seem substantial like other heavy duty single deckers, and not just an elongated midi bus.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk