News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

Quote from: Kevin on January 24, 2015, 07:04:18 PM
They should announce the pubs as they come! Would make the 11 pub crawl amazing (and yes, that is a thing)

Love it, like the Circle line crawl in the Smoke! 

You'd probably find some killjoy complaining it offended teetotalers, Methodists or other anti-drinkers...
Don't you start.

Stu

A regular on my Facebook page has commented about an increase in the number of single-deck Scania vehicles being used on the 966 service during the week.

The first thing I thought of is that seems to explain the increase in the number of Geminis being used on the 37 recently. Then I remembered the last time single decks were used regularly on the 966 a couple of years ago, was due to some overhanging trees, I think it was on Holly Lane in Erdington?

Are those same trees in need of a trim again, hence the use of singles?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Doubt it, the PB38 still uses deckers
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

Onto another subject, is there any update/news on the 11 branding? Haven't heard since the start of the 35 being branded...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: Stu on January 29, 2015, 07:26:44 PM
A regular on my Facebook page has commented about an increase in the number of single-deck Scania vehicles being used on the 966 service during the week.

The first thing I thought of is that seems to explain the increase in the number of Geminis being used on the 37 recently. Then I remembered the last time single decks were used regularly on the 966 a couple of years ago, was due to some overhanging trees, I think it was on Holly Lane in Erdington?

When? The only one this week is 7019 which came on at 15:29 today as a change bus for 4041

Stu

Quote from: Tony on January 29, 2015, 07:51:24 PM
Quote from: Stu on January 29, 2015, 07:26:44 PM

When? The only one this week is 7019 which came on at 15:29 today as a change bus for 4041

Sadly, I can't verify these observations myself, as I don't personally see the 966 route during the week, so I'm just going by what others have posted.

https://www.facebook.com/westmidlandsbususers/posts/857921534269270?comment_id=859877194073704&offset=0&total_comments=8&notif_t=feed_comment

Posted on 26th January:
QuoteOver the past couple of weeks I've noticed more single decker a being used on the 966 route. What is going on?

And on 27th January:
QuoteI seen to singles one about 9:30 and another about 12:30. Why was a 37 branded vehicle on the 966.

My locals:

trident4370

I wouldn't take anything that guy says as gospel, he's always on the NWM fb page slating somebody or other for something.

Stu

Quote from: trident4370 on January 29, 2015, 08:53:35 PM
I wouldn't take anything that guy says as gospel, he's always on the NWM fb page slating somebody or other for something.

Oh yeah, he's a right moaner, I know, I just had to ask the question just for my own curiosity!

My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on January 29, 2015, 08:55:06 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on January 29, 2015, 08:53:35 PM

Oh yeah, he's a right moaner, I know, I just had to ask the question just for my own curiosity!

I haven't got full records for the 26th, but on the 27th every journey was operated by double decks

966-01 was 4661
966-02 was 4636
966-03 was 4667
966-04 was 4665
966-05 was 4023
966-06 was 4639
966-07 was 4657

There were no breakdowns, every journey ran (not always on time, but did run) and there are no journeys on the 966 on other running boards!

Stu

Thanks for that clarification Tony, looks like someone on my page is seeing things then!  :D
My locals:

Stu

Saw 4635 today (actually saw it yesterday on the 37 too, but forgot the fleetnumber) on the 31, and noticed two things about it:

- it has gained a 'mega-rear' advert for Twycross Zoo. Presumably once the contract for this has finished, it will be at the end of the line for AG Gemini refurbs?

- The front display looks awful! It had a big chunky 31 on the left of the display, above the driver, and just alternated between 'Solihull' and 'via Gospel Oak' in the big 'curly' Super-X font.  :o (It's due past my house in about 15mins so will try and have a look if the toward Birmingham display is the same style)

My locals:

Gareth

4636 also has the Twycross mega rear too.

monkeyjoe

John

uniquicity

AG Scania at Oak Lane today. 1941?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk