News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: karl724223 on January 14, 2015, 09:40:13 PM
Have it in a Black Country accent to pizz the brummys off

Why not? Winston Green prison's full of yam yams anyway.

the trainbasher

@don HM Prison Birmingham is it's official name.

@Mike K No. They're all at Featherstone nick

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ashley

Suggestions for next stop announcements, Adrian Chiles or Noddy Holder lol. With additional announcements for when you reach one of the hospitals and football grounds "I love West Bromwich Albion" and "feeling a bit wooly headed?" Just a thought :D :P

don

Quote from: Mike K on January 14, 2015, 10:18:19 PM
Quote from: karl724223 on January 14, 2015, 09:40:13 PM
Have it in a Black Country accent to pizz the brummys off

Why not? Winston Green prison's full of yam yams anyway.

1st generation diesel multiple units????  ???
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 14, 2015, 10:35:31 PM
@don HM Prison Birmingham is it's official name.

I'm not surprised.......  They change historic station names and districts of towns and cities as well - often not for the better.

trident4370

Quote from: Ashley on January 14, 2015, 10:47:03 PM
Suggestions for next stop announcements, Adrian Chiles or Noddy Holder lol. With additional announcements for when you reach one of the hospitals and football grounds "I love West Bromwich Albion" and "feeling a bit wooly headed?" Just a thought :D :P
Definitely not chiles but Noddy Holder would be a laugh  :D :D

don

Quote from: trident4370 on January 15, 2015, 12:20:47 AM
Quote from: Ashley on January 14, 2015, 10:47:03 PM
Definitely not chiles but Noddy Holder would be a laugh  :D :D

Isn't he from Wolverhampton - totally unsuitable for a Birmingham route. You need a proper Brummie - Jeff Lynne, Dora Bryant, Tony Hancock, Rusty Lee or Jasper Carrot.

Can we leave it there & get back on topic now please i.e. AG garage  ;) Winston

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 14, 2015, 09:37:44 PM
Just a thought, but if the 11 does get new buses, wouldn't it be an idea to have loudspeakers fitted and a commentrary of the route on certain journeys so those who are tourists/having a journey round the circle can identify the Landmarks?

I think that's been suggested before, it might even have been me who suggested it. I'm not sure about running commentary though, that might annoy regular passengers! But some additional next stop information might be useful eg "Linden Road, Bournville Lane. Alight here for Cadbury World", or even some interchange information at major route crossings, eg "Church Road, Swan Island. Change here for buses to Airport and Coventry."

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Alex

Quote from: Stu on January 15, 2015, 07:52:53 AM
Just a thought, but if the 11 does get new buses, wouldn't it be an idea to have loudspeakers fitted and a commentrary of the route on certain journeys so those who are tourists/having a journey round the circle can identify the Landmarks?

I think that's been suggested before, it might even have been me who suggested it. I'm not sure about running commentary though, that might annoy regular passengers! But some additional next stop information might be useful eg "Linden Road, Bournville Lane. Alight here for Cadbury World", or even some interchange information at major route crossings, eg "Church Road, Swan Island. Change here for buses to Airport and Coventry."

@Stu So what you're suggesting would be like the Metro? Where it says e.g. Winson Green, Soho Rd, alight here for bus 11 Outer Circle
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Stu

Quote from: ARJ2901 on January 15, 2015, 07:56:16 AM

@Stu So what your suggesting would be like the Metro? Where it says e.g. Winson Green, Soho Rd, alight here for bus 11 Outer Circle

Exactly! Same as they do on the Tube in London, just adds something extra to the next stop announcements, and might be helpful for people using the Outer Circle to change onto other services.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ossie

2111's CCTV video screen in the vestible for some reason displays as "2058"!  Live transmission from Dundee???  :D

Rob H

Quote from: Ossie on January 19, 2015, 07:02:56 PM
2111's CCTV video screen in the vestible for some reason displays as "2058"!  Live transmission from Dundee???  :D

2111 has had that for some time @Ossie :) I thought they would've sorted that by now I wonder if 2058 is displaying 2111 ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Kiewii

Quote from: Rob2832 on January 19, 2015, 07:11:31 PM
2111 has had that for some time @Ossie :) I thought they would've sorted that by now I wonder if 2058 is displaying 2111 ;)

I can confirm that 2058 is in fact showing CCTV from bus 2058...

Liverpool Street

Quote from: ARJ2901 on January 15, 2015, 07:56:16 AM

@Stu So what you're suggesting would be like the Metro? Where it says e.g. Winson Green, Soho Rd, alight here for bus 11 Outer Circle

I believe that might well be a worthwhile addition to the buses on the circuit. With the mileage they cover and it being a more then a bus route merely a tourist attraction the added detail herein the stop announcements would be cause of much excitement from our friends overseas. "Alight here to explore the depth and breadth of Bournville, home of Cadburys!"

I just wish its main users were a little more grateful and respectful of the uses NXWM facilitates.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Kevin

They should announce the pubs as they come! Would make the 11 pub crawl amazing (and yes, that is a thing)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk