News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crepello

Thats helpful Tony and makes good business sense.

Sh4318

I see they failed to fix the cooling fan problem on 4518, despite refurbishing it! It was on the 37 on Saturday, saw it from the train station platform, as soon as I saw it didn't have a tree deflector I knew it was 4518 straight away
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 16, 2014, 12:18:43 PM
I see they failed to fix the cooling fan problem on 4518, despite refurbishing it! It was on the 37 on Saturday, saw it from the train station platform, as soon as I saw it didn't have a tree deflector I knew it was 4518 straight away

The refurbishments comprise of bodywork / glazing / retrim & repaint only.

Any cooling fan issues could be done at garage level

Stu

I travelled on 4517 yesterday morning on the 31.

First impressions on seeing it pull up were very good, shiny exterior paintwork made it look brand new, and there was that definite 'new bus' smell from the freshly retrimmed seats. However, it was disappointing to see all the interior plastic body trim was filthy, and the floors and staircase also decidedly dirty.

I'm not sure what's involved with the interior of the buses when being refurbed, but if all the seats are removed to be retrimmed outside the bus, that's got to be a good time to give the plastics and floors a good scrubbing inside the bus.

Just my thoughts. Still a great bus to ride on, love the Geminis!  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Nathan4775

4063 being towed by a Mansfield Truck from what it looked like from the garage heading for Birmingham  (wed 6th jan)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Liverpool Street

@Winston - With its sisters at BC, will this one follow suit?
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 11, 2015, 11:16:53 PM

@Liverpool Street logic would say it might at some point?

the trainbasher

@Winston since when did NXWM employ logic?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

@the trainbasher moving the fleet around in blocks of fleetnumbers would seem fairly logical

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on January 11, 2015, 11:25:54 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 11, 2015, 11:16:53 PM

@Liverpool Street logic would say it might at some point?

@Winston , I'm surprised they didn't move 2120 instead of 2119 in the first place.
until it cought fire

Eric Shaw

2120 has recently been repainted, which could be why 2119 has been transferred.

And also been fitted with a tachometer

don

Quote from: Winston on January 11, 2015, 11:31:36 PM
@the trainbasher moving the fleet around in blocks of fleetnumbers would seem fairly logical

Definitely........ Unless you're a Midland Red fan - their buses were seldom in large fleet number blocks - so NXWM may seem a little OCD on this matter to some.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Chris2301

Just wondering how long the 11A/C takes to do one circular of the outer circle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk