News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnoc

4062 was on the 1e with an extremely crazy cooling fan.

Matt.N0056

I didn't realise the 966 terminates in Solihull Town Centre now opposed to the station. I takes it this was part of the changes Sunday?

I have only seen the destination so I presume it's terminating in the town centre!

Stu

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on October 28, 2014, 07:16:10 AM
I didn't realise the 966 terminates in Solihull Town Centre now opposed to the station. I takes it this was part of the changes Sunday?

I have only seen the destination so I presume it's terminating in the town centre!

Timetable on the website says it terminates at the station?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

Was probably running late or an error.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 28, 2014, 11:53:07 AM
Was probably running late or an error.

Saw it twice now. I'll have a look if I see one on the way home!

EDIT: seen a couple more all displaying Solihull Town Centre, also I'm sure one used the Lode Lane Link Road to get into the town centre and the one after seemed to swap drivers in the town centre.

Nx timetable shows it terminating in the Town Centre

Stu

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on October 28, 2014, 03:24:25 PM
Nx timetable shows it terminating in the Town Centre

Looks like they've edited it since I looked at it last.

My locals:

monkeyjoe

That is surprising you would think that is the one service that would need to terminate at the station to give rail passengers link to NEC. I suppose if it improves reliability then needs must.

Does the 966 generally leave Solihull if good/full loadings, not used in years?

Matt.N0056

Yes, I thought theyed keep the link. I'm sure there's a few regulars from the station who use it.
The loads are pretty decent on it I think, I remember when it was converted to single deck (due to low tree branches?) and of an evening especially it was a full standing load!

Stu

From my own observations, most buses leave the rail station practically empty, most passengers get on in the town. Likewise, most buses empty all the passengers on arrival in the town centre, and run empty to the station.

Still plenty of buses frequently running to and from the station for passengers to change onto, otherwise the station is only a five minute walk away.
My locals:

Stevo

I'd have thought that the 966 from the station was a link worth keeping and promoting. It seems to me that vehicles on most routes leave the station with few passengers. In my experience 966s always seemed to have some time to while away at the station, so I don't think there was a reliability problem.

Kevin

I always thought the 966 stopped being useful as a direct link from solihull station to the airport and NEC when it was re-routed around Damsonwood
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

I got on 4074 to get back to garage from the 16 this morning, and noticed that one of the fold down seats has the old Stagecoach grey/red/orange moquette (this one https://www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/3558225893/). Looked quite new as well, like it had been recently replaced

Jaysnerz007

1899 has been on loan for the past couple of days, a very shabby ride awful bus

Liberator9

I agree about 1899 - had it on the 6 a few weeks ago, just after it had transferred from WA - gearbox is jumpy at lower speeds, the suspension towards the rear is poor, and unlike the AG and YW 19XX Scanias, it vibrates at idle. Externally also shabby, with the one faded front red background light. Although not as bad as 7023....

Did Scania mod the engines for the 19XX versions at AG/YW - the Omnilinks before those seem to vibrate heavily when idle.

trident4370

Definitely something different about them, and the ex Dundee ones, they sound completely different to the originals to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk