News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

4099 is having a stay at YW it seems - rode it on the 76E and 49 on Friday 20th June, and it was back on the 49 again today. I assume it is covering the loss of 4341

Ossie

Awarding two bouquets to AG staff today - firstly the driver who managed to stop an obviously confused elderly lady from poking a £5 note into the coin collection box for a single fare, then nodding her through - an act of kindness, and secondly the young trainee driver (and minder) out on the 71 today, for a faultless (if slightly slow!!  :D) journey.

If you read this, you'll know who you are.  Well done both of you!

D10

Quote from: Ossie on July 01, 2014, 12:25:12 PM
Awarding two bouquets to AG staff today - firstly the driver who managed to stop an obviously confused elderly lady from poking a £5 note into the coin collection box for a single fare, then nodding her through - an act of kindness, and secondly the young trainee driver (and minder) out on the 71 today, for a faultless (if slightly slow!!  :D) journey.

If you read this, you'll know who you are.  Well done both of you!

Perhaps you could contact TravelCare to ensure that these good deeds are officially recognised?

the trainbasher

Anyone remember what happened at Acocks Green depot 4 Years ago today?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

bususer12

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 24, 2014, 08:40:48 PM

Was it the last day of Metro's there?

the trainbasher

Quote from: bususer12 on July 24, 2014, 09:07:23 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on July 24, 2014, 08:40:48 PM

Was it the last day of Metro's there?

Yes, got it in one! Exactly 4 Years today was the last of the Metrobus at Acocks Green Depot.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

domino.99

:(
RIP METROBUSES

ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS

WHENEVER THEY CAME INTO SERVICE (google is useless) - JULY 24TH 2010

trident4370

I remember that day well :(

old50niner

Bring back the Metrobuses !!  Marvellous memories.

Trident 4609

I was lucky that i got to see the last 10 years of the Metro's at WN. The old 528 route used to pass through my area down Stubby Lane so i can remember hearing them go past.

Rob H

It's not the same without them nothing will beat the Metro's I miss them on the 72 also the 41 when it ran.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Sh4318

Metros used to run on every route around me. 87, 88, 448, 450
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stevo

I remember when I had to go to MG Rover at Longbridge from 2001 to 2005 and Cotteridge was full of them going in all directions: the 11, the 45/47, the 49 and the 18. Happy days!

Stu

I grew up surrounded by Metrobuses; 88, 120, 128, 129, 448 and 449 all used them.

On the last day of service, I travelled on one on the 11, it was sad knowing it was the last time I'd ever catch one.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

danny

Lol all my old locals the 120, 88, 449 and the 126, defiantly no denying you could hear a metro miles away don't make them like they used to. Just out of interest. How long has the lynx been gone now. Fond memories of them running round the 120 and 88, also the 81Y when it used to serve Langley.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk