News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Red 4362 has Birmingham fares on side and cab door.

Coventry Transport Dude

837 was standing at its stop in the Burges this morning with 23A on its blinds, but i assume it must have had some sort of problem ?, as it was seen again soon afterwards with a Mechanic behind the wheel, taking it through Pool Meadow and down towards Wheatley Street Garage !

JoNi

All geminis seemed to be on 6 this morning.

Coventry Transport Dude

Are there still only just the three Gemini's out in service here at the moment JoNi ???  I went for a run out this morning on the third one that i know of to arrive here so far (4672) and i have to admit that it's great to have Volvo Gemini's back here in Coventry again and i much prefer the look of them, compared to that of the Dennis Tridents !  Would love to know what they are like to drive and to maintain, from a Driver / Mechanics point of view and if they are better there than the Dennis tridents when it comes to both the driving and maintenance side of things ???  All three of them that i've been on here so far seem pretty sound and all ran OK !!!!! (Shame that some of the Windows upstairs on 4672 have been etched in graffiti, which is so annoying to see and i honestly don't know sometimes what goes through the minds of these idiot vandals that have the nerve to do it ???).

Coventry Transport Dude

The Driver Trainer Bus 4697 was out and about around Cov City Centre this morning, with what looked like two or three new trainee drivers on board, which was good to see, but then around an hour or so afterwards, i saw one of the NX Cov liveried Enviro 400's (4764 i think it was ?) coming under the whittle arches into Trinity Street with what looked like some more trainee drivers on it and "NOT IN SERVICE" on its destination display !  I can't recall ever seeing a Sky Blue liveried Cov Bus on Driver Training duty before, as i've always just thought they used the regular Maroon and White liveried Buses ??? (Was it possibly just being used for type training ???).

Coventry Transport Dude

4372 and 4404 were both standing out in the yard at the top end of Wheatley Street Garage today and hopefully both Buses are just awaiting repair, although on saying that, 4372 seems to have been standing there in the same spot for what seems like a good few months now ???

Has anyone seen 4414 around at all anywhere, as it seems to have vanished at the moment ???

JIM C

Why has 4674 been painted in the old blue and white  livery ,rather than the new style ?

winston

Quote from: JIM C on July 10, 2019, 01:00:50 AM
Why has 4674 been painted in the old blue and white  livery ,ather than the new style ?

They've just had quickie repaints, they're too old to be deemed worthy of full Crimson refurb in the new NXC style with i.e. grey / red dot moquette etc. 

JIM C

In Dundee our 54 plates are getting a refurb seats  and paintwork.

JoNi

Following a tip off good to see some NX Coventry buses have and are tracked on Bustimes, along with some in Brum. It will make the lives of some Dudes easier!

JoNi

Coventry 4403 is on  Wolverhampton route 6A in Pool Meadow, but a least it proves Bustimes can show NXC buses!
All buses tracked so far are under "incomplete fleetlist" of National Express West Midlands.

JoNi

JoNi

Bustimes now tracking to Coventry routes

Dylanbusboy45

Have any of the 43xx Tridents been withdrawn yet? I haven't seen no mention as such but plenty of Gemini's have been arriving

Tony

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on July 19, 2019, 11:39:51 AM
Have any of the 43xx Tridents been withdrawn yet? I haven't seen no mention as such but plenty of Gemini's have been arriving

Not yet. 4372 & 4398 are the only two not in service today

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk