News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: winston on January 29, 2024, 01:22:39 PMText extracts taken off the following Galvanizers website:

"Hot dip galvanizing
A coating that lasts up to 100 years"

https://www.josephash.co.uk/services/galvanizing/

"A hot dip galvanized finish gives steel a long life and durability of between 34 and 170 years, depending on the environment. In addition, it creates a maintenance-free finish, which lessens the carbon emissions usually associated with the upkeep of non-galvanized steel"

https://www.josephash.co.uk/blogs/excellent-reasons-to-hot-dip-galvanize-steel/
Can you make the text any bigger?

That's a non-mill galv application and again, depends upon the coating weight, environment and application. Very little of their work is used in bus chassis or automotive sectors. They do galv trailers.

Perhaps NX should have had their chassis galvanised by Joseph Ash :wink:
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

winston

Quote from: Wumpty on January 29, 2024, 02:58:02 PMCan you make the text any bigger?

That's a non-mill galv application and again, depends upon the coating weight, environment and application. Very little of their work is used in bus chassis or automotive sectors. They do galv trailers.

Perhaps NX should have had their chassis galvanised by Joseph Ash :wink:
As I said copied straight off JA website.

I deal with galvanised fabrications both Structural & Decorative using galvanisers such as JA, I never mentioned whether it would be pre-galv at a mill or post galv.

I never suggested JA did bus & coach chassis.

Perhaps you meant to say ADL should have their chassis galvanised by JA, not NX 😉

don

Back in the day, buses used to have their underside steam cleaned and then sprayed with a silver paint - presumably protective in some way. The Tyburn Road unit was right next to the road with full length glazing so you could see a bus at a time in there being dealt with. 

However back then, if you bought a new car you'd be expecting it to rust right through within five years unless it was treated with Waxoil or similar in the steel sections like doors and sub frames. Totally different from modern vehicle construction and protection. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

danny

Hi, quick question for Drivers or passengers who use the 10A, how do buses turn arround to come back to Wolverhampton in Partingham, from what I can see on Google earth there is either a small pull in by the shops but looks a little tight for an eclipse or in the mouth of the road near the Pigot arms, bit random but saves a trip to find out, thank you muchly for your replies in advance 😉 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Tony

Quote from: danny on March 18, 2024, 06:04:37 PMHi, quick question for Drivers or passengers who use the 10A, how do buses turn arround to come back to Wolverhampton in Partingham, from what I can see on Google earth there is either a small pull in by the shops but looks a little tight for an eclipse or in the mouth of the road near the Pigot arms, bit random but saves a trip to find out, thank you muchly for your replies in advance 😉
A look on Bustimes is all you need to do
10A - Wolverhampton - Pattingham – National Express West Midlands – bustimes.org

danny

Thank you Tony, a tool I do have never used before but will do in the future 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Stu

Quote from: danny on March 18, 2024, 06:04:37 PMHi, quick question for Drivers or passengers who use the 10A, how do buses turn arround to come back to Wolverhampton in Partingham, from what I can see on Google earth there is either a small pull in by the shops but looks a little tight for an eclipse or in the mouth of the road near the Pigot arms, bit random but saves a trip to find out, thank you muchly for your replies in advance 😉
A quick look on Google Streetview at the most recent image (March 2023), from the wet tyre tracks I would deduce that's where the buses are turning around. :wink:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

The bus turns around in the mouth of the road by the Pigot Arms/Church, sometimes needing to reverse depending on parked cars ,  it doesn't pull into the shops sliproad like the map on bus times suggests 

mranon

10A terminates at the bus stop outside the shops, then turns around in the mouth of the road by the pigot arms. It can be done in one if no one parks against the church wall, done it many a time in coaches and the nx b7rles. If they park there, usually need to do a reverse to complete the turn, then Pickup is the bus stop facing out. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

10A Uses E200's now so might be easier to do the turn
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Lukeee

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 20, 2024, 10:29:27 AM10A Uses E200's now so might be easier to do the turn
Depends, if their turning circle is the same as a dart then it would be easier in a volvo 

Easier to turn a b7 than a e200 unless it's a swb one

BlackCountryBusSpotter

I assume the 79A Metro Replacement is using The 79's buses but they both run every 10 minutes on weekdays so I assume a few 79E's to Wednesbury will be running to put buses in position for the 79
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

79 & 79a interwork

79 to wb , 79a to parkway and back then 79 back to wn

BlackCountryBusSpotter

The 79A has ended now despite this I am seeing extra buses to Wednesbury from 7PM to about 1AM from West Bromwich the last 79 from Wednesbury is at 00:59 terminating into West Brom at 01:11 is this due to Metro Works 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk