News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Is it me or....

Started by tank90, May 25, 2013, 10:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Is it me or does some of Stagecoach's fleet seem alittle out dated. I say this as there are 04 plates and 06 plates with out fold out ramps. I thought they were standard after 2000 or have a I missed something major?

Answers on a post card lol
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

nitromatt1

I know it's not Midlands but I rode step-entrance Volvo Olympian R250 NBV on route 78 (Keswick - Seatoller & back) yesterday in place of an open-top Dennis Trident

Also the last Stagecoach North West B10M R918 XVM was on the 554 in place of a Trident today (Sat 1st)

I'm not complaining though obviously! Great to see these hanging on in service still

Justin Tyme

In the Midlands fleet, all buses newer than X reg are DDA compliant.

tank90

Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 02, 2013, 08:15:01 PM
but im sure ive seen been on a 54 plate trident with out a front ramp tho.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Tony

Quote from: tank90 on June 02, 2013, 09:06:58 PM

Are you sure it wasn't one of the V-MVX which were refurbished to match the 54 plate ones at Nuneaton as they entered service there at the same time, but didn't have front ramps?

London buses never have front ramps as wheelchair access is via an electric ramp in the centre door

tank90

Quote from: Tony on June 02, 2013, 09:10:51 PM
Quote from: tank90 on June 02, 2013, 09:06:58 PM

Are you sure it wasn't one of the V-MVX which were refurbished to match the 54 plate ones at Nuneaton as they entered service there at the same time, but didn't have front ramps?

London buses never have front ramps as wheelchair access is via an electric ramp in the centre door
18189 is a 54 plate isn't it? and when I saw it last it had no front ramp or is it well hidden?

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk