News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Round Trips

Started by JB93, May 22, 2013, 05:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: clayderman on July 25, 2014, 10:03:08 PM
My overly long journey for tomorrow. (Not timed. Starts as soon as I leave the house!)

PB16 - Hockley Circus to Hamstead Village
PB654 - Hamstead Village to Perry Barr (Hoping for a Solo)
PB907 - Perry Barr to New Oscott
WA77 - New Oscott to Walsall
WA39 - Walsall to Wolverhampton (Hoping for a B10L)
WN79 - Wolverhampton to West Bromwich (Hoping for a Spectra)
WB48 - West Bromwich to Bartley Green
BC23 - Bartley Green to Harborne (Unnecessary, but I want GOOD seats!)
**Lunch Break**
BC99 - Harborne to Halesowen Bus Station
PN241 - Halesowen to Dudley Bus Station
WB74 - Dudley Bus Station to Hockley Circus.

And so, if all goes to plan, my journey should last just under 6 and a half hours... Gonna be a busy day!

Okay... So this plan went to sh*t. Got the 16 to God-Knows-Where in Handsworth. Turns out the road was closed so I missed one 654. Got the 16 into Hamstead Village (eventually.) Got onto the bus from the terminus... And I was back on track... Until New Oscott. Needless to say, I didn't get the 48 onwards. Had to cut my journey short due to an accident in Wolverhampton which left me stuck on the 39 for at least 20 minutes worth of traffic. So, instead of a 74 journey home, had the lovely interworking 75 instead, all the way from Wednesbury... (Bit quiet up there! lol)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

CL

Quote from: Nathan on July 26, 2014, 07:50:43 PM
You say an accident i hear a car was on fire on the Bilston St island

Precisely! Making another trip tomorrow. This time, south, towards Coventry... Any Suggestions, anybody?
From Birmingham, get 16 to Priory Queensway
Then the 70 to Solihull (heard it's a lovely route)
After 966 to the Airport; where, guess what?
The 900 to Coventry. Probably just walk around there, see the sights, etc... 900 straight into the city, then a 16 home.

What could go wrong? (Fingers cross, no fires on the Coventry Road, lol!)

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on July 27, 2014, 07:18:13 PM
Quote from: Nathan on July 26, 2014, 07:50:43 PM
You say an accident i hear a car was on fire on the Bilston St island

Precisely! Making another trip tomorrow. This time, south, towards Coventry... Any Suggestions, anybody?
From Birmingham, get 16 to Priory Queensway
Then the 70 to Solihull (heard it's a lovely route)
After 966 to the Airport; where, guess what?
The 900 to Coventry. Probably just walk around there, see the sights, etc... 900 straight into the city, then a 16 home.

What could go wrong? (Fingers cross, no fires on the Coventry Road, lol!)

Depends whether you catch my bus. I am driving two round trips on the 900 tomorrow.

Be warned every one it is Eid tomorrow so there may be delays in parts of the West Midlands with large Muslim populations

JB93

I did the 129 to West Brom the other day, then the 5 to Sutton (I did originally jump on a President in West Brom Station but then saw a Merc pull in as I was pulling out so I got off and waited for that!), then the 907 to Birmingham to get my first ride on an Omnicity (got 4697), and then a very packed and very hot 97 home (took me 50 minutes to get to Tile Cross Road - don't you just love rush hour traffic...)

Trident 4194

Does anyone know what a good round trip from halesowen bus station which will take 2-3 hrs there and back?

the trainbasher

On a nbus

4H to Blackheath
127 to Dudley
X96 or X26 to merry hill
276 to Stourbridge Junction station
142 to halesowen

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

How long will that take?

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

Do you know where I can get a spectra to?

winston

Trident 4194

What service number is this frequently on?

CL

Any suggestions for me? Travelling from Hockley Circus around 10am, arrive home by 3pm... Thinking of a Chemsley Wood day, but really want to get a ride on a Spectra. And not to be too picky, but could suggestions stay strictly to NX Buses? Just need a route to get me out and about for 5 hours or so...

trident4370

Today in a nutshell:
Walked up to the High St. for... TGB Spectra 202 (50) to Bradford St (waited for it to return for a photo),
Gemini (Think it was 4650) into town on the 31,
4281 (16) to Hamstead,
823 (46) to West Bromwich,
568 (45) to Walsall,
4309 (77) to Sutton Coldfield,
4697 (907) back into Birmingham,
Chiltern 168216 to Solihull,
4370 (76) back to Kings Heath,
4799 (35) Home, as it was already there.

Kevin

Got a long weekend next weekend (thank to a music festival I was going to being cancelled), so going to make the most of it and plan a few days worth of traveling.
Got a few routes I want to do so hopefully I'll make it a day on Arriva buses around the north midlands (lichfield, tamworth, cannock etc) and a day in north worcs (first, diamond, redditch rail replacement buses etc). Also going to a gig in London sunday night so might spend a day on the underground
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on August 10, 2014, 02:20:15 PM
Got a long weekend next weekend (thank to a music festival I was going to being cancelled), so going to make the most of it and plan a few days worth of traveling.
Got a few routes I want to do so hopefully I'll make it a day on Arriva buses around the north midlands (lichfield, tamworth, cannock etc) and a day in north worcs (first, diamond, redditch rail replacement buses etc). Also going to a gig in London sunday night so might spend a day on the underground

You could also include Stafford to get the once a year sight of NXWM buses there on V Festival services.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk