News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Black Prince of Morley (preserved d/d)?

Started by Ossie, March 05, 2016, 10:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ossie

There was a maroon and yellow liveried double-decker about 10 vehicles in front of me this lunchtime travelling down Queslett Road towards the roundabout by the Asda.  As it went round the roundabout, I noted it was sign-written for Black Prince, which according to Wiki ceased operation in Leeds around 2005.  I couldn't tell from the rear of it what it was, but it might have been a Scania.

I've found a Yorkshire Evening Post article which indeed suggests there's a Black Prince vehicle preserved in the Birmingham area.  Does anyone know what it is?

j789

Was it a H-LOM Scania as a few of them went there after TWM sold them?

Ossie

Well, according to this Black Prince website, none of their H-LOM vehicles survived.

http://www.blackprincebuses.co.uk/#!where/c88n

There's only two d/d they've noted as preserved, and neither V3 (London Buses) or 4738 (WMPTE) are in Black Prince livery.

I only really got a look at the rear view - I seem to recall a split window rear of the upper deck but three small windows rear of the lower deck, quite a strange configuration .... I'm stumped!  :D

Gareth

Very possibly the ex Derby Ailsa owned by the 4738 group. That's just been painted in Black Prince livery.

Tiptonian

If it has three windows across the rear of the lower saloon, it can only be the ex Derby Ailsa Lowheight, formerly registered RTO 1R, in a non-authentic but very attractive livery. I really like Ailsas, but this vehicle is worth studying insofar as it was a lesson in how not to design a lowheight bus!

Ossie

Brilliant, guys, that'll be it then! 

Many thanks for your input  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk