News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

MCV Evolution's

Started by Ash, April 25, 2012, 05:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Today i saw an MCV evolution on the X30 (AE10CUG) and it is an ex wessex connect branded one2one service, are these the last ones to transfer to new zealand or are they being kept, also what are replacing these buses are in the midlands and down south, is it the enviro 200 from Veolia for Wessex and the smaller darts and preston solo's for the midlands.

Roy

Quote from: Ash on April 25, 2012, 05:19:53 PM
Today i saw an MCV evolution on the X30 (AE10CUG) and it is an ex wessex connect branded one2one service, are these the last ones to transfer to new zealand or are they being kept, also what are replacing these buses are in the midlands and down south, is it the enviro 200 from Veolia for Wessex and the smaller darts and preston solo's for the midlands.

The one2one branded buses at Wessex Connect have been made redundant because Wessex Connect lost the contract to operate the 121 (Bristol - Weston) service on 1 April to Bakers Dolphin, who are also operating the service using MAN 14.240/MCV Evolution buses (AJ58 PZC/PZD). 

The Enviro 200's that moved from Veolia to Wessex have entered service in Bristol on Bristol City Council subsidised routes (mostly service 505-507).  Some of the Dennis Dart MPD's previously used on these services have moved to Black Diamond at Tividale.   

Ash

Thanks for the information Roy

I would expect the MCV's from Wessex to leave the fleet though as there are very few left

Roy

There were certainly some MCV Evolutions still in Bristol and branded for route X27 (Bristol to Yate) until recently.  Whether they have been replaced on this route I don't know.  Wessex do have spare Volvo B7RLE/Plaxton Centro's that were previously used on a tendered Park and Ride service (also lost on 1 April) and I don't know where these will be used in future. 

Ash

Would be good to see some of the centro's return to diamond like there when new, shame this type of bus is not made anymore with blackpool transport having the last of them.

Lukeee

Quote from: Ash on April 25, 2012, 06:39:27 PM
Would be good to see some of the centro's return to diamond like there when new, shame this type of bus is not made anymore with blackpool transport having the last of them.

Agreed, they could return to Black Diamond and then they might transfer a few of the newer darts over to Blue Diamond to help their City routes come the summer.

Ash

Some of them might be loaned to diamond over the summer, as before central connect then had some of the uni buses (UWE) for use on local services as theres less use for them there

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk