News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coastal Liner

Started by fleetline6477, May 03, 2013, 07:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on August 25, 2015, 06:15:51 PM
What service is 835 as I thought that was
A schools /college service why was it out if they are shut om that service

You can find out about any route by searching on the Network West Midlands website:
http://jp.networkwestmidlands.com/centro/XSLT_SELTT_REQUEST?language=en
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Cheese

Quote from: Stu on August 25, 2015, 07:05:58 PM
You can find out about any route by searching on the Network West Midlands website:
http://jp.networkwestmidlands.com/centro/XSLT_SELTT_REQUEST?language=en

Arriva run the 835 Stafford College to Burntwood on Stafford College Days, Coastal Liner operate it under contract to SCC on non-College Days M-F for the moment, contract ends at the start of September and isn't being renewed.  The 835 is used by some people other than college kids, provides a direct bus between Stafford and Hednesford, Heath Hayes, Norton Canes and Burntwood.

James4368

Y665NLO (Ex Metroline DLD165)
On London Midland rail replacement standby at Walsall
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Busman Jamie

has been for the past few weekends

Adam 404

It appears on Costal Liners Website that they only operate Service 905 from Mecca Bingo - Wolverhampton. According to NWM, they also operate a 16 Service from Bloxwich to Essington
http://www.coastallinerltd.co.uk/services.html

Solo1

Is the y reg dart that coastal liner DDA  or doesn't it count  as it a contract for the bingo & 2 trip to 2 wolves

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Solo1 on December 31, 2015, 08:37:02 PM
Is the y reg dart that coastal liner DDA  or doesn't it count  as it a contract for the bingo & 2 trip to 2 wolves

It's a public service. Y665NLO is DDA compliant.

countryliner

@Solo1 @Ashley 60171 - Yes indeed Y665 NLO is DDA compliant but does anyone know if their other Darts TNZ 1186 (V653 HEC) and T151 OGC are DDA compliant. I think that there is a chance that these might already be DDA compliant but if not i am sure that they would be quite easy and simple to convert.

Steveminor

Converting to dda is harder than you first think. Remember you need to get push tests for different things & not many places that can do that

Ashley 60171

Quote from: countryliner on January 01, 2016, 02:07:38 AM
@Solo1 @Ashley 60171 - Yes indeed Y665 NLO is DDA compliant but does anyone know if their other Darts TNZ 1186 (V653 HEC) and T151 OGC are DDA compliant. I think that there is a chance that these might already be DDA compliant but if not i am sure that they would be quite easy and simple to convert.

@countryliner I am pretty sure T151OGC has been off the road for a good couple of years now. I don't think V653HEC is either unless Diamond did modify that clump.

Dom

The 905 is running today.

mranon

I have a feeling t151ogc might be or not far off. think it has an electric operated ramp and other bits that dda requires. not seen it out hardly for a while.

countryliner

@Steveminor - Yes i realise that there is a lot involved to converting a bus to DDA compliant. Although i think that it can be done with any low floor bus. Sandwell Travel have converted N227 TPK to DDA compliant and that bus did not even have a wheelchair ramp or a wheelchair space.

@Ashley 60171 @mranon - Thanks for the info. I suppose that if they are not already DDA compliant then TNZ 1186 (V653 HEC) and T151 OGC will probably be converted to DDA compliant so that Coastal Liner can use them on the 16 and 905 when Y665 NLO is unavailable.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: countryliner on January 01, 2016, 05:02:42 PM
@Steveminor - Yes i realise that there is a lot involved to converting a bus to DDA compliant. Although i think that it can be done with any low floor bus. Sandwell Travel have converted N227 TPK to DDA compliant and that bus did not even have a wheelchair ramp or a wheelchair space.

@Ashley 60171 @mranon - Thanks for the info. I suppose that if they are not already DDA compliant then TNZ 1186 (V653 HEC) and T151 OGC will probably be converted to DDA compliant so that Coastal Liner can use them on the 16 and 905 when Y665 NLO is unavailable.

The two Tridents operate services in the main with Y665 being the back up for these to be fair.

I would like to ask the locals what's happened to the Leyland Olympian Coastal bought last year?

countryliner

@Ashley 60171 - Thanks for the info. Do you know if Coastal Liner operate any other services other than the 16 and 905 such as private contracts and private hire.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk