News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: bbs on November 07, 2021, 03:38:47 PM
11C taking fox hollies road and not school road dont know what the reason is. Seen 4276 on strafford road then turning left onto cole bank road

Because School Road is shut and has been all week. If you are at Stratford Road/Colebank Road, and not watching on a computer screen you will see the big yellow road closed notices

BBS

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2021, 03:45:42 PM
Because School Road is shut and has been all week. If you are at Stratford Road/Colebank Road, and not watching on a computer screen you will see the big yellow road closed notices
No i was down near shirley and just saw the 11C  on strafford road how is that computer spotting. Only thing i computer spotted was to see if the 11A took the same route.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack

Quote from: bbs on November 07, 2021, 09:57:45 PM
No i was down near shirley and just saw the 11C  on strafford road how is that computer spotting. Only thing i computer spotted was to see if the 11A took the same route.
The 11 doesn't go by Shirley... also its 'Stratford Road' not 'strafford road'

DJ

Quote from: Jack on November 08, 2021, 06:45:39 AM
also its 'Stratford Road' not 'strafford road'

Does that matter? You clearly understood them enough to be pedantic and correct them.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: DJ on November 08, 2021, 04:25:13 PM
Does that matter? You clearly understood them enough to be pedantic and correct them.
Does it really require you to make a pointless reply over it? Also since when was there a rule over correcting someone   ???

BBS

Quote from: Jack on November 08, 2021, 06:45:39 AM
The 11 doesn't go by Shirley... also its 'Stratford Road' not 'strafford road'
you know where fox hollies road ends there I'm not sure if that's counts as hall green or Shirley and thanks for the spelling correction appreciate it

Pat

Quote from: bbs on November 09, 2021, 12:09:05 AM
you know where fox hollies road ends there I'm not sure if that's counts as hall green or Shirley and thanks for the spelling correction appreciate it
That's Hall Green.  The boundary between Hall Green and Shirley is just past Robin Hood island

BBS

Quote from: Pat on November 09, 2021, 06:05:57 AM
That's Hall Green.  The boundary between Hall Green and Shirley is just past Robin Hood island
Oh right thank you very much

BrumKev86

Noticed today they have dug a hole on Warwick Road near to Gospel Lane so the 4/4A to Birmingham only was having to go Olton Boulevard East and Dolphin Lane. Traffic looked bad on Warwick Road this evening.
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Stu

6 (YW) is being diverted for some reason, using Showell Green Lane/Court Road, Yardley Wood Road, Wake Green Road and College Road in both directions.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

mesub

There was a fire near Victoria Park/Asda Cape Hill earlier this evening, closing the road.
The 87 seemed to be diverted to use Windmill Lane. 1944 was stranded until the road reopened.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

I love Walsall buses

Im guessin due to weather conditions the 19 is diverting following the 29 route until Green Rock Lane where resumes Normal Line of Route

Westy

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/severe-weather

If the mods want to move to a separate thread, if it gets really bad, then do so, but for the time being, this seems the best place!

(Is it worth copy & pasting the details, as the link updates, as there was some discussion over that on previous occasions?)

Stu

Just had the following email from TfWM's Disruptions service:

There is a major bus disruption due to congestion at Digbeth, Birmingham City Centre.
What happened?
Some NXWM services to Digbeth are stopping short of their normal route at Camp Hill Circus due to congestion levels.

The same can be said for the NX 80 service at Birmingham Moor Street Station.

Travel Advice
Allow PLENTY of extra time for trips to and from Birmingham City Centre.
My locals:

Stu

Quote from: Westy on November 27, 2021, 02:07:59 PM
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/severe-weather

If the mods want to move to a separate thread, if it gets really bad, then do so, but for the time being, this seems the best place!

(Is it worth copy & pasting the details, as the link updates, as there was some discussion over that on previous occasions?)

There's no more snow forecast in the short term, and in most areas road conditions have greatly improved as the snow has thawed and dried out (thanks also to the strong winds!) so most services have returned to normal operation now, barring any roads that are blocked by fallen trees.

The worst of the weather is yet to come though, and we'll see more of this in December and January I feel.

When the time comes, it would be worth having a seperate thread for 'snow updates' perhaps. As for the value of copying and pasting the details, it would only serve as 'historical value' really, the important thing for passengers is to understand the current and latest situation.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk