News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A quad bike tipped over on the Washwood Heath Road in Ward End earlier this afternoon. By the Foley Road bus stop (towards City Centre).

I got on 4908 on the 55 at the 28 'The Ward End' bus stop on the Alum Rock Road and it went down the Alum Rock Road, right onto Sladefield Road and left back onto the Washwood Heath Road. There was also a 55 coming up the Alum Rock Road in the other direction towards Fox & Goose.

They seem to be using Bromford Lane and Drews Lane now. Traffic is non moving. Also large queue of passengers on the stand in the City Centre, so the Ward End 55/94 and 11 are probably disrupted this afternoon.

I think quite a serious accident. As heard someone lifted the head up and could see the skull. And air ambulance landing nearby.

There was also 3 NXWM buses stuck behind the police tape, including 4809 & 4911.

Link to article here: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-washwood-heath-quad-bike-20445668.amp
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: 2206 on April 22, 2021, 05:13:25 PM
A quad bike tipped over on the Washwood Heath Road in Ward End earlier this afternoon. By the Foley Road bus stop (towards City Centre).

I got on 4908 on the 55 at the 28 'The Ward End' bus stop on the Alum Rock Road and it went down the Alum Rock Road, right onto Sladefield Road and left back onto the Washwood Heath Road. There was also a 55 coming up the Alum Rock Road in the other direction towards Fox & Goose.

They seem to be using Bromford Lane and Drews Lane now. Traffic is non moving. Also large queue of passengers on the stand in the City Centre, so the Ward End 55/94 and 11 are probably disrupted this afternoon.

I think quite a serious accident. As heard someone lifted the head up and could see the skull. And air ambulance landing nearby.

There was also 3 NXWM buses stuck behind the police tape, including 4809 & 4911.
Hope the person will be ok. And starts wearing a helmet after this

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on April 22, 2021, 05:13:25 PM

Link to article here: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-washwood-heath-quad-bike-20445668.amp

Some of you may prefer not to watch this video on facebook

SK68MEV

Quote from: Busboy105 on April 22, 2021, 06:35:37 PM
Hope the person will be ok. And starts wearing a helmet after this
road is now opened but bystander has confirmed the young male has unfortunately passed away after hearing from the males older brother will teach the young kids that quad bikes are dangerous
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Gareth

Call me cold hearted, but I have no sympathy. There should be a crackdown on these dangerous vehicles and even more dangerous drivers. And 'accident blind spot' mentioned in the Birmingham mail report is BS. The CCTV footage of the accident proves that.

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on April 22, 2021, 08:06:36 PM
Some of you may prefer not to watch this video on facebook

Link doesn't work.

BBS

Fire on formans Road in sparkhill I see a lot of traffic
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on April 23, 2021, 12:06:12 AM
Link doesn't work.

It does work if you are on Facebook

55/94, 28 diverting via Stechford Lane & Stechford Road earlier.
Think something must have gone into the fence by the pedestrian crossing on the Coleshill Road side at the Fox & Goose, as its been knocked over and 1820 got stuck behind whatever had collided as it went off towards the Hunters Moon NIS.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SK68MEV

14 is using washwood heath road due to heavy congestion on alum rock road
Local Routes
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

the trainbasher

8s are on diversion this week in Stourbridge running via the ring road and High Street Amblecote

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

DJ

There's going to be works on Scott Bridge on the Newton Road near Great Barr. According to the article, it'll be closed completely for 4 weeks, and then there will be other partial closures after that, so I presume it will mean the 5 will be diverted via Hamstead along the 46 route.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/sandwell/great-barr/2021/05/10/337-million-project-to-repair-great-barr-bridge-to-get-underway/

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SK68MEV

just seen a 55 on alum rock road towards city red nd white enviro not sure if it's fleet number but is that the diversion route? as it's two sets of light now on at high field road which is a 4 way and then the one at drews lane
Local Routes
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

ellspurs

Quote from: SK68MEV on May 12, 2021, 01:03:52 PM
just seen a 55 on alum rock road towards city red nd white enviro not sure if it's fleet number but is that the diversion route? as it's two sets of light now on at high field road which is a 4 way and then the one at drews lane

Which prat authorised two separate road works involving lights to be done on the same busy stretch of road on the same week? Highfield Road is water works and Drews Lane is Virgin Media, both supposed to end on Friday.

I just looked on bustimes and there was 6 94s (4504 doesn't appear to be numbered but is doing the 94 route) and 5 55s in the Highfield Road/Drews Lane area.

That other 55 is probably just trying to get past that mess on Washwood Heath Road.

SK68MEV

Quote from: ellspurs on May 12, 2021, 03:12:47 PM
Which prat authorised two separate road works involving lights to be done on the same busy stretch of road on the same week? Highfield Road is water works and Drews Lane is Virgin Media, both supposed to end on Friday.

I just looked on bustimes and there was 6 94s (4504 doesn't appear to be numbered but is doing the 94 route) and 5 55s in the Highfield Road/Drews Lane area.

That other 55 is probably just trying to get past that mess on Washwood Heath Road.
them roadworks have caused heavy congestion's queues on the A47 and bromford lane due to people trying to avoid the roadworks too worst thing is the waterworks lights are hand controlled which failed and were stuck on red for everyone for a good 15-20 mins but also seen 3 claribels use heartlands parkway but in all honesty a diversion needs to be put into place as the buses are severely late
the 14s are also delayed due to congestion on alum rock road they are down 30+ some of them due to the ending of ramadan and eid tomorrow so people are doing their last minute shopping but a suitable diversion should be put in place for these services maybe adderly road left onto ash road right onto bordsley green road then left at the lights carrying on to the roundabout left onto belchers lane and right at the roundabout  onto alum rock road for the 14 or straight over onto sladefield road and right onto washwood heath road for the 94 nd 55 surely that will be time saving rather than them waiting in all of that traffic
Local Routes
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk