News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: bbs on December 19, 2020, 01:53:02 PM
Dual carridge way warwick road is being resurfaced.
4/4A are going onto battery way,olton boulevard east, catswell road, shaftmoor lane,strafford road then normal line of route.Both routes from birmingham and acocks green are on diversion.
I've just seen 4280 along Wake Green Road and Yardley Wood Road/Stoney Lane presumably to miss him out the usual Stratford Road traffic.

BBS

Quote from: Jack on December 19, 2020, 03:18:13 PM
I've just seen 4280 along Wake Green Road and Yardley Wood Road/Stoney Lane presumably to miss him out the usual Stratford Road traffic.
Isnt that the 5?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack

Quote from: bbs on December 19, 2020, 03:21:19 PM
Isnt that the 5?
I was on a 6703 on a 5 and and then 4280 appeared on the 4, it came up College Road and we followed it until we turned off on to Showell Green Lane, but at the traffic lights at Highgate Road, 4280 was waiting to turn left while we passed through. I did think it was a late running 5 or a diverted 1 when i first spotted it because I only saw the rear display with '4' and thought it may of froze. But I saw the front destination at the lights which did say '4 Birmingham'.

BBS

Quote from: Jack on December 19, 2020, 04:41:21 PM
I was on a 6703 on a 5 and and then 4280 appeared on the 4, it came up College Road and we followed it until we turned off on to Showell Green Lane, but at the traffic lights at Highgate Road, 4280 was waiting to turn left while we passed through. I did think it was a late running 5 or a diverted 1 when i first spotted it because I only saw the rear display with '4' and thought it may of froze. But I saw the front Destination at the lights which did say '4 Birmingham'.
It would be so weird seeing a 4 on Yardley wood road, stoney Lane and college Road.

55/94 were on diversion today in Ward End. Using Bromford Lane and Drews Lane. Not serving Washwood Heath Road.
Looked strange seeing them going that way, as well as 55 (4899) and 94 (4500) loading/unloading on the 11A stop at Fox & Goose as well.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on January 09, 2021, 04:20:47 PM
55/94 were on diversion today in Ward End. Using Bromford Lane and Drews Lane. Not serving Washwood Heath Road.
Looked strange seeing them going that way, as well as 55 (4899) and 94 (4500) loading/unloading on the 11A stop at Fox & Goose as well.

They're using Drews Lane for you!

1907 parked on the 11C stop at Ward End, Fox & Goose on the 28 to Heartlands Hospital  at about 13:00 with passengers on, waiting time. Then carried on down Stechford Lane.
Not sure why 28 is on diversion or which way it went next? But there has been a sign on Coleshill Road at Fox & Goose saying "Alum Rock Road closed ahead" for a number of days now.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Stratford Road closed for up to 4 weeks between Aldi & Camp Hill, Long diversions for all services

Stu

Quote from: Tony on January 18, 2021, 06:44:55 PM
Stratford Road closed for up to 4 weeks between Aldi & Camp Hill, Long diversions for all services

I know, I got caught up at the start of it! Left work just after 6pm, by the time I'd got round to Stratford Road, there were already four buses that were stuck, as it seemed the road had been closed off at short notice and no-one had informed NX, or the communication took too long to circulate to drivers.

It was absolute chaos, especially where other motorists were ignoring the 'road closed' signs and just carrying on through down the other side of the road.

Hats off to the inspector at the scene who was liasing with the stuck drivers on how to get them turned around and onto a diversion route. He'd gone along with a Gemini on the 4 along Kyotts Lake Road and must have walked back, and was quite adamant with some Amey worker that he wasn't sending any more buses that way due to low-hanging trees, and while pointing to a 6 bus insisting "that's a half million pound vehicle and I'm not letting that get damaged!".

Some nice manoeurving followed, as the stuck buses were directed one by one to turn into Erasmus Road and reverse back out then head back up to Camp Hill Island.

Luckily for me one of the stuck buses was a 2 I had just 'missed', I don't know if the driver was a recent recruit as he didn't seem familiar with the diversion route, so I was happy to offer assistance directing him where to turn on Golden Hillock Road onto Walford Road to rejoin normal route.

Now I'm back home, it says on the Network West Midlands website that this 'emergency closure' is due to road subsidence and is due to last until Wednesday.

The Amey worker that the inspector was talking to said that he'd been aware of the impending road closure since 4pm, and he also said this was likely to continue for the next four days, "as the whole road is going to have to be dug up".

Nothing like a bit of drama to liven up an otherwise dull evening!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on January 18, 2021, 07:35:06 PM
I know, I got caught up at the start of it! Left work just after 6pm, by the time I'd got round to Stratford Road, there were already four buses that were stuck, as it seemed the road had been closed off at short notice and no-one had informed NX, or the communication took too long to circulate to drivers.

It was absolute chaos, especially where other motorists were ignoring the 'road closed' signs and just carrying on through down the other side of the road.

Hats off to the inspector at the scene who was liasing with the stuck drivers on how to get them turned around and onto a diversion route. He'd gone along with a Gemini on the 4 along Kyotts Lake Road and must have walked back, and was quite adamant with some Amey worker that he wasn't sending any more buses that way due to low-hanging trees, and while pointing to a 6 bus insisting "that's a half million pound vehicle and I'm not letting that get damaged!".

Some nice manoeurving followed, as the stuck buses were directed one by one to turn into Erasmus Road and reverse back out then head back up to Camp Hill Island.

Luckily for me one of the stuck buses was a 2 I had just 'missed', I don't know if the driver was a recent recruit as he didn't seem familiar with the diversion route, so I was happy to offer assistance directing him where to turn on Golden Hillock Road onto Walford Road to rejoin normal route.

Now I'm back home, it says on the Network West Midlands website that this 'emergency closure' is due to road subsidence and is due to last until Wednesday.

The Amey worker that the inspector was talking to said that he'd been aware of the impending road closure since 4pm, and he also said this was likely to continue for the next four days, "as the whole road is going to have to be dug up".

Nothing like a bit of drama to liven up an otherwise dull evening!

This is a quote from that inspector's report, four weeks, not four days..

"
I turned and adjusted the buses then liaised the contractor's (Amey/Seven Trent) who informed me that they believe that a sewage pipe has collapsed underground. I asked if they could put a time frame on this job and I was told it could be up to four weeks, but they won't be sure until they excavate."

Stu

Quote from: Tony on January 18, 2021, 08:22:01 PM
This is a quote from that inspector's report, four weeks, not four days..

"
I turned and adjusted the buses then liaised the contractor's (Amey/Seven Trent) who informed me that they believe that a sewage pipe has collapsed underground. I asked if they could put a time frame on this job and I was told it could be up to four weeks, but they won't be sure until they excavate."

Oh in that case, I might have misheard the conversation then, I was standing some distance away but got the main gist of what was being said.

The email I received from NWM's Disruptions service which I saw when I got home stated this was expected to last until '20th January', now I look at the NWM website it is stating 12th February as the end date. So that's probably about right then.

But I am still pretty sure that this fella from Amey said that the notification had been sent out at around 4pm, so I am still puzzled as to why NX Bus had not instructed drivers to divert at 6pm, unless there is a break in communication somewhere.

Not blaming NX Bus for this by the way, this isn't the first time I've encountered this, just a few months ago I was on a 2 or 3 coming up Stoney Lane one morning where a planned road closure had been brought forward by an hour and we almost got stuck because the drivers hadn't been made aware.

My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on January 18, 2021, 09:01:28 PM
Oh in that case, I might have misheard the conversation then, I was standing some distance away but got the main gist of what was being said.

The email I received from NWM's Disruptions service which I saw when I got home stated this was expected to last until '20th January', now I look at the NWM website it is stating 12th February as the end date. So that's probably about right then.

But I am still pretty sure that this fella from Amey said that the notification had been sent out at around 4pm, so I am still puzzled as to why NX Bus had not instructed drivers to divert at 6pm, unless there is a break in communication somewhere.

Not blaming NX Bus for this by the way, this isn't the first time I've encountered this, just a few months ago I was on a 2 or 3 coming up Stoney Lane one morning where a planned road closure had been brought forward by an hour and we almost got stuck because the drivers hadn't been made aware.

The first NX knew about it was at 17:22 when someone spotted a post on facebook!

Stu

Quote from: Tony on January 18, 2021, 09:07:59 PM
The first NX knew about it was at 17:22 when someone spotted a post on facebook!

Someone didn't get the memo this morning! After getting off the 2 by the job centre to walk the rest of the way to work, I came across 4387 parked up at the stops by Aldi, being assisted by an inspector to turn into Palmerston Road and reverse back out. Bet that was a bit embarrassing for the driver!
My locals:

2 11A E400 MMC operating in convey this evening at about 21:00 along Heath Way and Coleshill Road on diversion heading towards the Fox & Goose. One of them was 6127.

One must be very late to be running in convey at that time of day I expect. Both carrying passengers.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

Route 2,3,4,4A,5,6 are on diversion.
From Stafford road,buses take Walford road,Golden hillock road,small heath highway,High street deritend then normalline of route.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk