News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Stabbing in Bull Street last night. SFA on NXWM website.

John

Perry Barr and Sutton services using Carrs Lane, Dale and and Albert Street loading at the stop there. Left onto Moor Street and up The Priory Queensway to Old Square. Albert Street looking very chaotic at times

Had to loop round twice this morning as I was 6 mins early. A 110 had to get reversed out, tried to flag him down before he turned into Albert Street with no luck. The 2 inspectors backed him up and turned him around

old50niner

Think the Driving Staff and the Supervisors deserve a pat on the back for keeping the Services running, in the circumstances.

MasterPlan

Edgbaston Park Road appears to be closed off outbound causing diversions and traffiic chaos.

Almost 2 collisions, but luckily the drivers stepped on the brakes just in time.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Some kind of police incident on Stoney Lane in Sparkhill this evening. The 2 I was on was on Highgate Road, waiting to turn left onto Stoney Lane, I could only part-hear the conversation he was having with the driver in the opposite direction, sounded like he was advising him to go down Ladypool Road and then 'turn right just past A1 Motor Spares' (presumably go down Brunswick Road back onto Stoney Lane), "its a bit tight but I think you'll make it" were his words! Our driver had different ideas though, and sensibly (in my opinion) turned up Mole Street back onto Stratford Road and then followed the 5 route along Court Road and Showell Green Lane (just like the old days then  8) )

I couldn't see what the incident was that had stopped the traffic, but a few minutes before I got on the 2 at Auckland Road an unmarked grey police car had raced down the Stratford Road with its blue lights flashing, and I'm sure I could see that on Stoney Lane right by an E200 MMC just past the job centre, don't know if the bus was involved or if it was just stuck.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

I love Walsall buses

Accident at walsall arboretum all routes which go up the road towards there and down are comming via profit street along the 29 route and turning left s onto rushall and continuing normal line of route

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on May 13, 2019, 07:41:01 PM
Accident at walsall arboretum all routes which go up the road towards there and down are comming via profit street along the 29 route and turning left s onto rushall and continuing normal line of route

Were they going along Harden Road to get to Rushall?

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on May 14, 2019, 06:29:36 AM
Were they going along Harden Road to get to Rushall?
they came up profit street went till the first roundabout left and went down to rushall town centre

CL

Newtown services coming down Priory Queensway..

My 16 into City, along with Snow Hill services, were diverted down St. Chads Queensway - Colmore Row services went back onto themselves at the island, following the 110 route to the Post & Mail..

Currently on a 16 back towards Hamstead, and it's headed down Printing House Street, and back onto St Chads, then normal line of route..

Couldn't the Colmore services do a U-turn, like the Harborne service had done before, to access Colmore Row?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

monkeyjoe

Looks like the x12 & x70 are going directly via bromford Rd at the mo

CL

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 20, 2019, 02:33:48 PM
Looks like the x12 & x70 are going directly via bromford Rd at the mo
Accident down Chipperfield Road, apparently

Squiz1971

Quote from: CL on May 20, 2019, 03:07:53 PM
Accident down Chipperfield Road, apparently
Actually it was a car broken down right at the Coleshill Road Junction with the RAC in attendance, caused issues for cars turning left as the car was on the right turn side @CL. Had to negotiate around it myself right nuisance the car could of been rolled back away from the junction to ease the problem

Jack6101

87 / 80. / 80A all on diversion due to police incident at blue gates smethick
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

CL

Quote from: Squiz1971 on May 20, 2019, 05:43:25 PM
Actually it was a car broken down right at the Coleshill Road Junction with the RAC in attendance, caused issues for cars turning left as the car was on the right turn side @CL. Had to negotiate around it myself right nuisance the car could of been rolled back away from the junction to ease the problem
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. The "accident on Chipperfield Road" was what the driver told passengers.

SK68MEV

Severe accident on Chester Road car on roof does anyone know what diversion X12 and 71 are on as one X12 and one 71 was parked up at the accident
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk