News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Tony

Quote from: Jack on February 17, 2019, 01:30:50 PM
Around 15:45ish

That's strange because 1896 didn't start a journey at The Clifton then, it had to return to garage because of a minor RTC at that time.

Jack6101

74 are on diversion towards Dudley due to a police incident on Dudley port by the shops diverted via lower church lane Alexander road , Owen st , Sedgley road east then back to Normal
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Jack D

Heard that 55's are going to be on diversion soon around the Stechford Area is this right?

Quote from: Jack D on March 02, 2019, 06:55:38 PM
Heard that 55's are going to be on diversion soon around the Stechford Area is this right?
There are is 1 diversion to the route showing on the NWM website for the 17th March. Not sure if this is the diversion you are referring to, or if there are other planned divesrsions in the area?

According to NWM:
Stechford Ln between Washwood Heath Rd and Stechford Rd will be closed for roadworls on Sunday 17th March 07:00 - 12:00.
The 55 will go from Hodge Hill Rd via Stechford Rd and Coleshill Rd, rejoining normal line of route at the Fox and Goose (Diverting - towards Birmingham only).
Presumably NWM mean from Birmingham however rather than to Birmingham given that its affecting the 11C and not the 11A.

With the 11C also on diversion: from Fox and Goose - via Coleshill Rd, Stechford Rd and Stechford Ln, though presumably not the diversion it'll use again as on the same date there also seems to be a further diversion to the 11C and 14, from Stechford Ln with Flaxley Rd closed up, due to water repairs until 06:00 on the Monday.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

All PerryBarr Flyover services currently using the 51 route out of City only, due to the flyover being gridlocked.

Stu

@Tony were any 2 or 3 journeys diverted this evening? It looks like those temporary traffic lights on Yardley Wood Road are going to be there until next week, I decided to get the 5 instead this evening as the traffic was congested again, while on Showell Green Road I was checking on the app to see if I could get ahead of an earlier 3, and the app was showing a 3 on Stratford Road between Baker Street and Court Road not far behind the 5 I was on, this would have been around 5:50pm.

If I'd have known the 2 or 3 were going to divert, I'd have waited a few more minutes for them! :)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on March 06, 2019, 08:14:58 PM
@Tony were any 2 or 3 journeys diverted this evening? It looks like those temporary traffic lights on Yardley Wood Road are going to be there until next week, I decided to get the 5 instead this evening as the traffic was congested again, while on Showell Green Road I was checking on the app to see if I could get ahead of an earlier 3, and the app was showing a 3 on Stratford Road between Baker Street and Court Road not far behind the 5 I was on, this would have been around 5:50pm.

If I'd have known the 2 or 3 were going to divert, I'd have waited a few more minutes for them! :)

I haven't had an email to say they were

MasterPlan

Are there any plans for diversions this evening with the taxi protest taking place again at Holloway Circus between 4:30-6:30? If not I guess it'll have to be the train.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Westy

No one flagged the diversion for the 529 this morning, due to the M6 incident?

I was on the bus that departed Walsall around 0652 this morning & hit the problem just past Bloxwich Lane so he couldnt divert himself.

He radioed in & whoever was on the other end put the call out for Walsall bound drivers to divert via Bentley, but Wolves bound drivers had to stay on normal route & be guided through by the police.

MW

Nice little diversion on the 50 today. Makes a change.

Enters city via New Street Station/Bristol Street due to road closures in Digbeth. Never driven through St Martins Queensway in a bus before!

11 is on diversion In Stechford today in both directions.
Bordesley Green East, Church Rd, Flaxley Rd.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

23 and 19 on diversion. How long is road closed for?

CL

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 21, 2019, 11:09:14 AM
23 and 19 on diversion. How long is road closed for?
Between 0930 to 1500; from today (of course), tomorrow, and on Saturday.

The diversion (for outbound services) seems to be a U-turn at the Lordswood Road/War Lane Island, down Harborne Park Road, then Quinton Lane & Northfield Road - and then Tennal Lane for the 19 - then back to normal line of service. I assume its the same in the opposite direction.

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

11's are on diversion - Stoney Lane, Bordelsey Green East, Belchers Lane, Alum Rock Road, Burney Lane, Stechford Lane, in both directions.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk