News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

51s, 934s/935s and X51s being diverted out of Walsall a different way today. Left onto Lichfield Street right onto Lower Rushall Street and back onto Ablewell Street, normal line of route.

At 13:30:
Holloway Circus and Bath Row were very congested towards the City Centre, nothing was moving.
As was Smallbrook Queensway and Suffolk Street Queensway towards Holloway Circus.
The 16 was terminating at Holloway Circus and not serving the Markets and the 45/47 were being diverted via Bristol Street, Holloway Circus and Smallbrook Queensway and not serving the Markets.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

DJ

I saw a 74 on Price Street in West Bromwich just now, heading towards Birmingham. Is there any reason why it came into the town centre that way rather than up the High Street and onto St Michael Street?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

MasterPlan

Just seen an inbound 98 turning onto Harborne Road off of Richmond Hill Road (?). Wonder what's going on there?

The diversion seems to have been amended now to come out at the crossing by the Green Man instead which makes more sense as that 98 had trouble turning where it did.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on April 09, 2018, 05:34:58 PM
Just seen an inbound 98 turning onto Harborne Road off of Richmond Hill Road (?). Wonder what's going on there?

The diversion seems to have been amended now to come out at the crossing by the Green Man instead which makes more sense as that 98 had trouble turning where it did.

Just seen a 98 emerging from Richmond Hill Road. It then turned right off Harborne Road onto Highfield Road, presumably then via Church Road to rejoin normal line of route on Wheeleys Road.

Edgbaston Park Road is closed this week due to essential drainage works.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on April 10, 2018, 08:20:59 AM
Just seen a 98 emerging from Richmond Hill Road. It then turned right off Harborne Road onto Highfield Road, presumably then via Church Road to rejoin normal line of route on Wheeleys Road.

Edgbaston Park Road is closed this week due to essential drainage works.

The X64 I was on this morning didn't do that. He went up to the Green Man and turned right. After that though he turned right on Highfield Road too.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on April 10, 2018, 11:05:24 AM
The X64 I was on this morning didn't do that. He went up to the Green Man and turned right. After that though he turned right on Highfield Road too.

The X64 has finally completed the transition back to the good old 21. For this week at least.

There was a 97 Branded Trident in service on a 889 this afternoon going towards the Yew Tree about an hour ago using, Bordesley Green East and Stoney Lane in Stechford, usually uses Church Road and Queens Road.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Not sure if it's still on, but Snow Hill services diverted this morning as they had been yesterday.

Caught a 74 this morning which went all the way around St. Chads & James Watt Queensway, before getting to its terminus via PRIORY QUEENSWAY. I haven't a clue why the 74 drivers weren't instructed to use Dale End & Corporation Street; much like i haven't a clue why they didn't follow Sunday's diversion.

I caught the 16 yesterday; it was diverted via Livery Street then right back on route from Steelhouse Lane. 74 followed this same diversion.

Broad Street / Sandpits services diverted; U-turn from Great Charles Street Q'way to Livery Street then back to normal route on Colmore Row
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Something must be up with the Kingstanding Road. I've just seen a 934 on Birdbrook Road past my house heading to the Aldridge Road into City

Also just had a Sutton bus running dead to garage come past the house

A fatality RTC I've heard

Tony

Quote from: John on April 25, 2018, 07:35:09 PM
Something must be up with the Kingstanding Road. I've just seen a 934 on Birdbrook Road past my house heading to the Aldridge Road into City

Also just had a Sutton bus running dead to garage come past the house

A fatality RTC I've heard

Van in a tree on the central reservation according to Birmingham Live

Westy

Access to Leabrook Road in Wednesbury is severely restricted due to a burst water main by the Metro station junction, so the 11 & 13 are being diverted via Toll End Rd, Great Bridge Asda island & the Bcr coming back the other way.

This is gonna cause me a problem if theres still a problem by 4pm.

Anyone know for sure whether I can use the canal & Bannister Road to access Parkway Metro, else its a trip via Great Bridge & West Brom back to Walsall tonite. ( God knows tomorrow!)

karl724223

Quote from: Westy on April 26, 2018, 12:52:21 PM
Access to Leabrook Road in Wednesbury is severely restricted due to a burst water main by the Metro station junction, so the 11 & 13 are being diverted via Toll End Rd, Great Bridge Asda island & the Bcr coming back the other way.

This is gonna cause me a problem if theres still a problem by 4pm.

Anyone know for sure whether I can use the canal & Bannister Road to access Parkway Metro, else its a trip via Great Bridge & West Brom back to Walsall tonite. ( God knows tomorrow!)
a mains water pipe running down the middle of the road causing major damage I'd hardly going to be fixed by 1700 is it

Westy

Quote from: karl724223 on April 26, 2018, 07:29:56 PM
a mains water pipe running down the middle of the road causing major damage I'd hardly going to be fixed by 1700 is it

I knew about the road.

I wanted to know about the access!

CL

Due to the Vaisakhi Festival, the buses serving Hockley (and the 80/80A) have been diverted.

It was weird seeing the 16 & 74 on Nursery Road in Lozells. It was even weirder seeing a 101 in Lozells!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk