News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

6701 on 900 and 4468 on 97 randomly came up and then back down Priory Queensway today at 1241 presumably on diversion

CL

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on November 26, 2016, 02:41:23 PM
6701 on 900 and 4468 on 97 randomly came up and then back down Priory Queensway today at 1241 presumably on diversion
I overheard this from the driver's cab in 5509 as I was getting off the 22; 957 appeared to have followed that as well.

Anybody have anymore information on this? Would be greatly appreciated. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Quote from: clayderman on November 26, 2016, 03:13:55 PM
I overheard this from the driver's cab in 5509 as I was getting off the 22; 957 appeared to have followed that as well.

Probably usual Bullring traffic diversion, they'll turn right to run back up Moor Street Queensway and out of town that way
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

the trainbasher

I noticed whilst boarding a 63 on Carrs lane (to New Street) a 957 heading up there.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

Quote from: clayderman on November 26, 2016, 03:13:55 PM

At about 2:30pm, I was getting off the 59 in Shard End, and there was a call coming over the radio advising 58/59/60/73/900/957 drivers to divert up Carrs Lane, then back onto Moor Street Queensway to resume normal route. It was because of car park traffic on Park Street. This diversion is a regular occurence through December normally.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on November 26, 2016, 02:41:23 PM
Coventry Road services were going up Carrs Lane, High Street, Dale End, Albert Street, then back down Moor Streeet.
17 and 97 were going up the Priory Queensway back down then down Moor Street.
Sutton and Perry Barr services were diverted towards Lower Bull Street, St Chads Queensway, Snow Hill Queensway, Colmore Circus Queeensway, Moor Street Queensway.
All due to bad traffic.
There was bad traffic across the City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

Quote from: 2206 on November 26, 2016, 05:40:14 PM
Coventry Road services were going up Carrs Lane, High Street, Dale End, Albert Street, then back down Moor Streeet.
17 and 97 were going up the Priory Queensway back down then down Moor Street.
Sutton and Perry Barr services were diverted towards Lower Bull Street, St Chads Queensway, Snow Hill Queensway, Colmore Circus Queeensway, Moor Street Queensway.
All due to bad traffic.

The worst day I've seen in my 3 years on the job. Constantly 40+ minutes late on the 907 today. Was told to run dead from Sutton to City on my second trip. So went down to The Yenton, down Chester Road to Tyburn Road (as Erdington can be solid on Saturday afternoons too), into Town on the Expresway, straight over the flyover at Lancaster and in the way the 110 enters City. Nearly made up my time, but lost it all again queuing around Colmore Circus and The Priory Queensway. 36 minutes late coming off first portion and 19 minutes late coming off at 8pm

the trainbasher

@2206 that hardly helped my 97A earlier...37 down at international station heading to Free Radio Live

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

GeminiFan1991

The 11 (Well the A variant anyway) seems to be on diversion as I just seen Gemins on Belchers Lane - Alum Rock Road.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Coventry Road Services, 17 and 97 are diverted.
Coventry Road services are going up Carrs Lane, High Street, Dale End, Albert Street, then back down Moor Streeet.
17 and 97 are going up the Priory Queensway back down then down Moor Street.

Bad traffic on Jennes Road and Park Street.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on December 03, 2016, 03:00:24 PM
Coventry Road Services, 17 and 97 are diverted.
Coventry Road services are going up Carrs Lane, High Street, Dale End, Albert Street, then back down Moor Streeet.
17 and 97 are going up the Priory Queensway back down then down Moor Street.

They'll be doing that diversion for the next few weeks, same as they have done on Saturdays in December the last few years, car park queues.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

dingding

Amazingly there were 5 17's running in convoy at the Yew Tree heading for Tile Cross at around half 3 this afternoon! Looks like the diversion in the City isnt helping too much but I suppose Blues are playing at home today!

Squiz1971

Quote from: dingding on December 03, 2016, 05:02:48 PM
Amazingly there were 5 17's running in convoy at the Yew Tree heading for Tile Cross at around half 3 this afternoon! Looks like the diversion in the City isnt helping too much but I suppose Blues are playing at home today!
Yes hosted Barnsley usual kick off time @dingding

BusFan94

Quote from: Squiz1971 on December 03, 2016, 05:36:23 PM
Yes hosted Barnsley usual kick off time @dingding
In that case when West Brom were playing at home against Watford today with kick off at 15:00 where were the 74's and any other services that go past the Hawthorns being diverted due to the traffic and Police closing the Birmingham Road so fans could leave the ground
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Tony

Quote from: BusFan94 on December 03, 2016, 06:37:12 PM
In that case when West Brom were playing at home against Watford today with kick off at 15:00 where were the 74's and any other services that go past the Hawthorns being diverted due to the traffic and Police closing the Birmingham Road so fans could leave the ground

Same way as they go for every game at the Hawthorns, via Rolfe Street

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk