News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Not a diversion as such, but has anyone heard about a bus managing to end up on Bloxwich Fire Station today?

Sister mentioned something about it, when she came back from that Remembrance parade this morning.

P419 EJW

Looks like the bus services that uses the Pinfold Bridge in Wednesfield will be on diversion for approximately 21 weeks! See here for more information.

Westy

My sister has just rung me on the mobile from Wednesfield.

She's standing outside The Vine.

She can still get an 89 from there, with all these diversions, can't she?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on November 20, 2016, 05:23:37 PM
My sister has just rung me on the mobile from Wednesfield.

She's standing outside The Vine.

She can still get an 89 from there, with all these diversions, can't she?

Pinfold Bridge (Lichfield Rd) doesn't close until 30th November so yes, she can catch the 89 from there.

Mike K

98 turning right out of Farquhar Road onto Somerset Rd in Edgbaston towards city this evening, presumably diverted to do with weather conditions and traffic around the University.

MasterPlan

Just seen 3 11Cs going down Barnes Hill. Where are they being diverted?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Tony

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 23, 2016, 05:59:23 PM
Just seen 3 11Cs going down Barnes Hill. Where are they being diverted?

Down Barnes Hill!

MasterPlan

Quote from: Tony on November 23, 2016, 06:04:49 PM
Down Barnes Hill!

Lol I meant the rest of the diversion obviously.

I'm guessing they turned left down the Bristol Road though when coming to Selly Oak.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

AndrewLee

j789

With the 11A/C diversion avoiding Harborne Lane (up Metchley Lane and through the QE hospital to the new bypass to rejoin the route) why doesn't it go that route full time so that it serves the Main hospital entrance? It would not add greatly to the timing of the route and would provide a link from many areas without having to change buses. Yes it would miss 2 stops from Harborne Lane but both of those are not far from other stops.

MW

Quote from: j789 on November 24, 2016, 07:49:04 PM
With the 11A/C diversion avoiding Harborne Lane (up Metchley Lane and through the QE hospital to the new bypass to rejoin the route) why doesn't it go that route full time so that it serves the Main hospital entrance? It would not add greatly to the timing of the route and would provide a link from many areas without having to change buses. Yes it would miss 2 stops from Harborne Lane but both of those are not far from other stops.

I agree, it'd be good. It'd be nice if it served the little bus station at the hospital but it'd probably add a lot of congestion lol

j789

Quote from: MW on November 24, 2016, 08:15:40 PM
I agree, it'd be good. It'd be nice if it served the little bus station at the hospital but it'd probably add a lot of congestion lol

I don't think it would add much to the time though really, as the current route still gets caught up in traffic around Sainsbury's junction, as well as that new traffic island on the bypass.

Tony

WA 4 currently on diversion due to a HGV bridge strike at Sandwell & Dudley Station

MW

Quote from: j789 on November 24, 2016, 09:02:43 PM
I don't think it would add much to the time though really, as the current route still gets caught up in traffic around Sainsbury's junction, as well as that new traffic island on the bypass.

Time wise it may add a few minutes, especially in the evening/night as it's just straight really on the current route.

I think it could easily be accommodated though. A lot of people do ask how to get to QE.

Dom

Quote from: Tony on November 24, 2016, 09:03:57 PM
WA 4 currently on diversion due to a HGV bridge strike at Sandwell & Dudley Station

AGAIN! F*ck sake, there's even a sign saying low bridge, are these people just morons or am I missing something? At least I know to expect it now, thanks.@Tony

Update: Diversion no longer in place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk