News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Noticed the 11A was on diversion earlier from Erdington to Perry Barr due to the temporary traffic lights near Witton. I was taken by surprise when one passed Perry Common Library earlier coming up from Erdington before turning left to follow the 907 route.

iansdavies

the 97 coming off the meadway turning left towards whittington oval turning left again heading towards church road right at church road right at audley road then the 14 route back towards the meadway due to resurfacing about 3 years ago

Westy

Appears to be a problem on the Wa 4 as sister has reported in saying she has been diverted via Bescot.

Anyone know anymore?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on May 19, 2016, 06:44:56 PM
Appears to be a problem on the Wa 4 as sister has reported in saying she has been diverted via Bescot.

Anyone know anymore?

'Police Incident' on West Bromwich Road

Westy

Quote from: Tony on May 19, 2016, 07:14:54 PM
'Police Incident' on West Bromwich Road

Did this affect the junction 9 area as my 313 driver tonight(you may know the lady concerned!) said she had to be diverted from j9 up the m6 to j10 then along the Wolverhampton Road to the Manor then down to Pleck that way last night?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on May 20, 2016, 07:14:10 PM
Did this affect the junction 9 area as my 313 driver tonight(you may know the lady concerned!) said she had to be diverted from j9 up the m6 to j10 then along the Wolverhampton Road to the Manor then down to Pleck that way last night?

Not that incident, although it might have caused traffic chaos there, it was the bit of West Bromwich Road between the Broadway and Bescot Crescent that was closed causing the 4 diversion

The 82, 87, 83 and 89  are on diversion in the City Centre due to Edmund Street being closed.
4740 on the 87 was diverted - Edmund Street, Church Street, Cornwall Street, Livery Street.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

uniquicity

Just saw a BC hybrid heading along Vincent Drive towards the QE. Some sort of diversion or out of service?

(long odds on the 98 or 99)

Stu

While on the 900 this morning on my way to work, was a bit taken aback when we overtook a 3, on Small Heath Highway!

After checking on the app, I learned that Stratford Road had been closed off, and buses were being diverted via Walford Road, Golden Hillock Road, Small Heath Highway and Bordesley Middleway to Camp Hill. Was a bit odd seeing buses in service on Bordesley Middleway!

I did take a slight diversion to walk down Stratford Road to have a look for myself, was quite a large area cordoned off for what was reported as a two-car collision, so I did wonder if there was more to this than was being reported.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/stratford-road-closed-two-hurt-11422198

In a way it was lucky that this happened during the school holidays, otherwise there would have been total traffic chaos. I would have thought that the buses would have been diverted via Highgate Road to the ring road, rather than taking such a longer way around to be honest.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on June 03, 2016, 07:08:08 PM
While on the 900 this morning on my way to work, was a bit taken aback when we overtook a 3, on Small Heath Highway!

After checking on the app, I learned that Stratford Road had been closed off, and buses were being diverted via Walford Road, Golden Hillock Road, Small Heath Highway and Bordesley Middleway to Camp Hill. Was a bit odd seeing buses in service on Bordesley Middleway!

I did take a slight diversion to walk down Stratford Road to have a look for myself, was quite a large area cordoned off for what was reported as a two-car collision, so I did wonder if there was more to this than was being reported.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/stratford-road-closed-two-hurt-11422198

In a way it was lucky that this happened during the school holidays, otherwise there would have been total traffic chaos. I would have thought that the buses would have been diverted via Highgate Road to the ring road, rather than taking such a longer way around to be honest.

Double Decks no longer allowed down Highgate Road, Compulsary 14'3" height restriction on the bridge

Stu

Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2016, 07:27:41 PM
Double Decks no longer allowed down Highgate Road, Compulsary 14'3" height restriction on the bridge

Ah thanks, forgot about that bridge! Suppose it's easier for AVL to just have one blanket diversion route to issue, rather than having separate diversions for single and double-deck vehicles.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Are the Geminis not allowed to go under the Highgate bridge? They were all remeasured as 14'3 for the low bridge in Hall Green for the 5 weren't they?

Ive seen various Plaxtons still use the Highgate bridge however

Tony

Quote from: MW on June 03, 2016, 11:45:04 PM
Are the Geminis not allowed to go under the Highgate bridge? They were all remeasured as 14'3 for the low bridge in Hall Green for the 5 weren't they?

Ive seen various Plaxtons still use the Highgate bridge however

Yes, Geminis can go under Highgate Bridge, Plaxtons & Tridents can't since the sign on the bridge was changed, yes you will have seen them go under in the past.

There is no way AVL will do different diversions by vehicle type because of the risk of a driver mis hearing. Yesterday the diversion via Golden Hillock Road was as fast as the normal route down Stratford Road, so there was no problem.

The 55, 55A, 70 and 94 are currently diverted in both directions -
Coleshill Road, Bromford Lane, Drews Lane, Washwood Heath Road, Normal Line Of Route.
Due to an accident on Washwood Heath Road.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

The 16 is currently unable to serve Hamstead due to flooding. It is practically doing the old 16A up to Scott Arms

The Aldridge Road is currently impassable by James Watt College. The 997 I got home was going to use Kingstanding Road instead, I got off by the Boar's Head and walked home. I've seen a pic of at least 6 MMCs stuck on Kingstanding Road (Both brandings). Other 997s have still been coming up and all traffic is having to use the side road at the end of Birdbrook Road to get past the flood. One Birmingham bound bus made a U-turn by Brooklyn garage and headed back the way he came

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk